Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited February 2013

thanks very much scottie....smartypants.ha.do ya think i know how to do that

my ipad is still not hooked up with the Y FY yet.I was supposed to go today to the store to buy it but my GD did a job on my nerves with my son sooo here i am.

any other ways to get that damn book.I read what they said about it...sounds sooo good.

now who is makin me nuts??????

why is it so hard to get a book.im sure its not in the library yet either.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited February 2013

Granny, take a deep breath and let it out slow.  If you don't mind paying a few dollars more, you can get it in hardcover from Amazon now.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited February 2013

Ok Granny gonna make you crazy again....lol...when you go out to pick up a modem

for wireless....would you be near an apple store...they will install the iBooks app for you and show you how to download the book......lol

• Scottiee1
    edited February 2013

PS Granny .....it's not in our library system here in Canada yet, but you guys might have it....you know, you're always ahead of everybody else..😜

• FireKracker
    edited February 2013

yes you are makin this old granny crazy

i have no idea where there is an apple store.since i moved to NJ 6 yrs ago i stopped driving.you really have to be born here to drive here.Nj is the worst place to drive..anyway the answer is im goin to radio shack...thats the store the bus takes me to....any other way to get the book?

• Scottiee1
    edited February 2013

Just the library Granny, if they have it. If I had a copy, I would send it to you, but you know I downloaded it...😥

• Scottiee1
    edited February 2013

BTW Granny ...can't wait for you to get wifi....we're gonna FT each other...ok Scottiee...

STFU....

• FireKracker
    edited February 2013

Sooo its gonna be the library..when i get the get up and go.....maybe tomorrow.

I got an idea.Why dont you Scottiee come for the weekend...you said its only 1 hr.away right...we can rent a car,you can stay by me and we can go together to get the damn book and have a wonderful time....

just kidding...i know you have to fly and u need a ticket.just wanted to break your chops.

I will get that book like i will get the stuff for my puter but i dont know when

wait for me tho....it wont be that long.

who else is gonna read the book?

• Scottiee1
    edited February 2013

Granny, I'm definitely coming to see you....you know I teach so will be off the whole

summer so I'm hoping you will allow me to come down for a weekend over the summer

sometime 😘

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited February 2013

Ok, have you all got your heads up your ass............can't get a friggin straight answer from any of you..........it's a book for heavens sake......when you finally get it right, and have your heads out of your ass....let me know, so I can by the damn thing.......So it's about 2 kids killing their mother......BETTER NOT LEAVE THAT SUCKER OUT ON THE COFFEE TABLE.......would hate to give my kids any ideas...it would not take much....LOL....LOL

• duckyb1
    edited February 2013

Granny.......do you have comcast, or Fios....If you do, you get free WIFI.......check it out....I do, give gem a call.....

• duckyb1
    edited February 2013

By the way.....what the hell is th name of the book, after all that nutty conversation, I forgot....tell me, then I will STFU..

• FireKracker
    edited February 2013

Ducky---was waitin for you to pop in......i have comcast/optimum...no fios..i had my maintenance man check this damn thing out and i have to go buy the router.no and ifs or buts about it....my bldg doesnt have fiosto hook up to either...just gotta go and buy the damn thing.Was goin today but when i got the call that my GD told my son that the surgery failed my get up and go went only to the bathroom.

I will find that book.just a matter of time

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited February 2013

there ya go ducky.....you are too funny, my kids don't need any ideas, when they find out I am moving without them cause I can't stand being around them much anymore cause they can't keep them hands to themselves, etc......who knows what till happen....lol......I am reading 3 books, are you trying to kill me, lol......

• Scottiee1
    edited February 2013

You guys are killing me here.....lol.....Ducky....the book is called The Death of Bees.

BTW it's about two sisters who murder their mother AND father...😱

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited February 2013

I am getting it on IBooks now, can't wait to start reading. Mwhaha maybe I will get some ideas !

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited February 2013

Ducky, you are WORSE than Granny!  Ha, ha!  You really make me laugh..... Okay, okay, I'll look into that damn book from Nook.... like I really NEED another damn book on my Nook! 

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited February 2013

It's $14.99 for God's sake!  That's more than a bottle of Vodka!    Let me know how the book goes.... I can even read about 15-30 pages for free, from B&N.... I'll see....

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited February 2013

But just think Chevy, how great will reading this be WITH a bottle of vodka! HA!

• FireKracker
    edited February 2013

B&N has it in hard cover.When i go to get my shit for the ipad there is a b&n right there.

done.

goin next week if im still alive!!!!!

maybe my DIL will read the book and come to kill me...oh wait...she doesnt read English...

im in.

• Pietra
    Pietra Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013

Yes, people can say some of the weirdest things and the worst times.   When I was in the hospital for my mastectomy (3 weeks ago tomorrow) I had numerous nurses and even the anethesiologist ask me why I was crying, why am I upset.   "Uh, gee...I have breast cancer and you are going to cut off my left boob?  Hello?  Why should I NOT cry, you imbeciles!"   Luckily,  I had the chance to talk with the floor nurse manager and I gave her an ear full about how the patient care was so inconsistent.   She was very appreciative for hearing about it in real time from someone who was actually still there as a patient.   And prior to that, when I went through my second round of biopsies, I told the nurse, "PLEASE DO NOT PUT  TAPE ON MY NIPPLE".  The first time out they put the strongest tape over it and I about pulled off the skin removing the bandage.  Her reply was, "Oh, I didn't know.  That tape normally doesn't stick well.  You must have moist skin".  WTF? They are rather clueless if they themselves have not gone through it.   So I guess I would tell folks to stop giving their opinion and that they can't possibly understand it unless they go through it themselves.   The whole experience will always be different for each person.      

• ShaneOak
    ShaneOak Member Posts: 84
    edited February 2013

Pirates, what a frustrating experience, no-one has the right to tell you how to feel. I went off on one of my nurses too the first night. My pain OF was empty and beeping for like 30 minutes. I yelled at her and was bawling because I was in so much pain. She said "well why didn't you push the call button"? Gee, maybe because my breasts were both removed and I can't lift my arms!! Then she did nothing while I just sobbed.

I'm so sorry you had a bad time. U don't deserve that. Sending hugs your way.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2013

OMG donlaoding, uploading, wifing , nooks, hard cover, soft cover those are the only 2 I understand and I do remember the name---oops no I don't but I could look something about buzzing. Holy shit now I want to read it but like many can't show it to my kids--oh I went dark on here. see what I mean--I'm lucky I can find this thing. I haven't read in so long and I used to love it.

Wait someone feels crsppy today and is getting soup, I'm so sorry it's not a good day for u. I hope it gets better quickly.

I did something so stupid today I ate all comfort food, now I'm sick--LOL I have to see the Dr. tom. and I'm hating
    Drs. so much I thought F-It so altho I was happy for a while I'm miserable now My fault tho. LOL

OK snow's a-comin--(when u put A infront mean bad) but I think it's not st all what they are expecting so since zi don't resally leave the house it's not going to bother me and the Dr. is 5 mins from here.

Granny I hope things t better and better for u.

(((HUGS))) to all 

• ShaneOak
    ShaneOak Member Posts: 84
    edited February 2013

Pietra, so sorry your name got auto

corrected!!

• Scottiee1
    edited February 2013

Pietra....so sorry you went through all that.....as ShaneOak said ....no one deserves that kind of treatment.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2013

Pieta somehowhow I didn't read u'r post I was on mine for so long cuz I got a phone call.

Oh I'm so sorry u had to have that happen to u. It never should have--cuz they are there to make u as comfortable as possible. What an experience and of course u'd cry this is frightening. I hope the rest goes much easier on u.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited February 2013

Dear Wonderful Outrageous Women writers on this thread,

I am addicted to reading your posts every day. I'm not as funny as you guys, but when I wrote out my thank you notes to all of the physicians, technicians and nursing staff who took care of me during my clinic and surgery care,  this is the one I gave to my breast surgeon whom I adore:

Outside of card: OMG WTF      Inside of card: I just needed to get that off my chest.

~ THANK YOU ~   to grannydukes, ShaneOak and everyone else for such a great forum, and may you never STFU.                                              

• duckyb1
    edited February 2013

Ordered my book.........got it from Amazon........$15.98.....will hide it from my kids......especially since I have

a large backyard....that backs up to the woods......a huge shovel, a wheel barrel , and a plastic tarp in the shed......lol

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    edited February 2013

Sealed

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited February 2013

I put a hold on the book at the library. I'm #135 on 28 copies, so it may take a while. Is it a quick read?