Comments

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited September 2013

photo 890f1bbb-d4a7-473e-998d-b8a3cf8cd358_zps95cf7e47.jpg

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,289
    edited September 2013

GG....i was born on Friday the 13th. I'm not superstitious about anything.  Figured if I'm still here there couldn't be anything to it.

Jackie/Lilli

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited September 2013

GmaFoley,

I hope everything is okay with you!.....I want to meet you at our NW meetup, GET WELL!

.....want to meet Gardengumby too, and all the other ladies, too.

Sas...did you get your results of your US and biopsy?

My hospital bill is NOW being protested on my behalf by the hospital as well as prophylactic MX....on the non cancer side (the medicare provider is KNOWN for denials

and my PS office is also protesting denial of  for my (+) (+)  (actual implants with the serial #'s), although they were paid for surgeon, nurse anesthetist, and labs.   Medicare:  STFU!!!

Shell,  I know you will be the best NP ever!!  40 yr reunion!! wow!....

(48 yrs for me)....I will go to my 50th, if I'm still around.

Di

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited September 2013

My high school is having a reunion next year because it's the 57th and we graduated in 57. We're going to stay with my college freshman year roommate.

I'm taking my black foster cat to an adoption event tomorrow. The male kitty she came into the shelter with will be there also. We're going to grab adjacent cages.

Looking at the nerve chart is interesting. I had several fainting spells until they decided that nausea stimulated my vagus nerve and dropped my blood pressure, causing me to lose consciousness. It hasn't happened since, but I can tell you bathroom floors are hard!

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

Northwest Meetup  - any idea when????!!!!

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited September 2013

Gma - Praying urgent care takes care of you.

• di2012
    edited September 2013

Shell the meet up is Sept 28th in Olympia, WA.....lunch

Di

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2013

Shell the NW meet up is in Olympia, WA at 1:00 PM on Sept 28th. It's at Olive Garden.

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

Crap, crap, double crap - I'll be on the West Coast 2 weeks later....  booo hoooo. Can I skype with you guys? Just put me on a screen while you eat and I'll join in!!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited September 2013

Okay Shells now you have the mnemonics to go with your chart LOL. The "some say marry money" one I forgot a few words, but found them in Wiki.

Chevyyyyyyymy hands have gone wackoooo.

Di Hi, thanks for asking about the tests. The thyroid US is stable. The biopsy is NONMALIGNANT, but it is something that has to be followed. SOOOOOOOOjust one more doc to keep paying money out too.

Di go ahead an make complaints to Medicare about the denials, plus lack of direct acess for customer service. Medicare does NOT like the companies contracted to manage the paperwork to not give good service. Medicare will act on your complaints. The more complaints received re:Noridian will cause Medicare to act. Noridian either straightens out there problems or they may loose the Medicare contract. That's huge. It'd put them out of business. So complain away

The hospital is protesting your bill ON THEIR behalf versus yours. The doc and the hospital screwed up on their diagnosis codes.  This will NOT come back on you. Repeat--this will not come back on you. 

Wren could luck on finding "forever" homes for your kitties :) The Vagus nerve controls so much and when it misbehaves can cause such havoc.

• gardengumby
    edited September 2013

Shell, where will you be when u come to the nw in October? Seattle area???

• sas-schatzi
    edited September 2013

The lesson learned this week.

1. Include the vulva in the yearly dermatology exam by a DOC dermatologist       and/ or

2. Have a gyn check up every so many years by a GYN DOC even if you've had a hyster/bso.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2013

All right as usual, I'm confused WTF is GMA going to the urgent care for? Someone enlighten me, or just tell me.

shell this is a good place to vent, but personally and only personally I couldn't wait to get those suckers off. But it is funny how I have phantom feelings there sometimes. But I have chosen not to even wear a bra for the most part, I don't care it's so much more comfortable, but it's funny when something in that are is itchy I can feel the itch but I can't feel the scratching and I must tear my skin, not that I feel it but I can feel the skin with my hands. hahaha

GMA report in when u can.

• sas-schatzi
    edited September 2013

Foley whatever's up, good luck. couldn't find where you said there was a problem.

Veggy hope your peeing is better, Hate UTI's they can be so uncomfortable.

Hi lilligladtoseeyou.

Phillycheckinginsoon;)

Everyone have a great weekend.

• gardengumby
    edited September 2013

Cami she was dizzy and nauseous so was told to go to urgent care. Hoping to hear good news from her very soon!!!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2013

Thanks GG I didn't remember that. Oh chit.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited September 2013

Hope gma is okay.  

I couldn't sleep last night.  Finally fell asleep about 5 am and woke up about 11.  Just a bleah day.  Cool and rainy also.  I'm not sure we even hit 70 degrees.

My hair is growing in...everywhere except on the top.  I hope I dont have to buy a toupee and sit on the DP (dead pecker) bench with the old geezers!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

Gma hope you're ok. Had to go to the mo today, too. I have another f@#%^*g infection in my lymph node and an infection in 1 of the tumors on my chest wall. THESE INFECTIONS ARE GETTING OLD! On a better note, Dh and I took Jordan to the county fair this afternoon. He had a blast. And dh  was so cute rididng the kiddie rides with him. Wish you could have seen him on the dragon rollercoaster. ha ha. Lots of cotton candy and chocolate ice cream was sure to make step-mom really happy..ha-ha again....

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

Phylly - none of us could sleep last night - I think it's Ducky's fault - she started it ... and you'll NEVER be a dead pecker, baby.

DUCKY - YOUR INSOMNIA  WAS CONTAGIOUS !!!!

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited September 2013

Hi all..rough day at hospital for me....my blood work is soooooooooo low....and very short of breath so they kept me for a VQ (? Breathed in radioactive gas while they took xrays) to rule out a pulmonary embolism..my resting  pulse was 157 but my pulsox (sp?) was fine..no embolism thank God...now scheduled for a blood transfusion next week.  I guess that's why ive been so exhausted these past several days ...ugh    Never had a transfusion before.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,289
    edited September 2013

((((((chick))))))

Lilli

• di2012
    edited September 2013

ChickaD....hope the blood tranfusion helps. What is a VQ??

I know I am very anemic (even had to see an oncologist 2 years before my BC) and have been on RX iron for 2 months(Trigels-F forte) but hasn't seem to help me. 

I  had 2 blood transfusions many many years ago post partum,  after giving birth to my 9 lb 4 oz son(OUCH!), it certainly helped perk me up....I was white as a ghost!

Di

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited September 2013

Shells,

I take my iPad so we can skype with you at our NW get-together.

Maryinfectedagain?!- hope you have antibiotics that will take care of the infection.

Chickeequartlow- the transfusion should be easy-peasy and then you'll be feeling frisky.

GMA-let us know what's going on...

Veggy, feel better.

I was up late last night, but you guys weren't.  Must have waited to have the party after I went to sleep.  Hope everyone can sleep through the night, tonight.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited September 2013

V-QLung Scan.......A ventilation/perfusion lung scan, also called a V/Q lung scan, is a type of medical imaging usingscintigraphy and medical isotopes to evaluate the circulation of air and blood within a patient'slungs,[1] in order to determine the ventilation/perfusion ratio. The ventilation part of the test looks at the ability of air to reach all parts of the lungs, while the perfusion part evaluates how well blood circulates within the lungs.

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

Bless you, Chickster. I hope the transfusion gives you your mojo back.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

Sounds yuck Chick, good luck.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited September 2013

I'm back with anti-nausea med - the doc thinks I'm just run down from the corporate meeting and then the yeast infection - been nauseated, dizzy and real tired.  Told me to rest and take the med.. Should hold me over until I see my new primary on tuesday.  

Edit: not dehydrated or any other things they can find in the UA

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited September 2013

I had a CT with contrast for my PE. The male techs said I would feel like I wet my pants when they pushed the contrast. They were right!

• gardengumby
    edited September 2013

Take your meds and RELAX!!! We want you well in 2 weeks!!! Not that I'm being selfish or anything.....

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

Julianna - I would love to attend by Skype!