Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited February 2013

Dear Ducky,

DO NOT EVER STFU - especially when you are feeling blue and have your friends here to listen. I had a blue day yesterday, first one in a few weeks. It's just a moment in time, and it's obvious  how loved you are by your sisters here. 

Just tried to post you a set of shamrock pasties for your dancing pleasure but they won't stick (on this post). ;>

XXOXX Michelle

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited February 2013

Michele thank you. Those days happen..but this is the place to be when it does. Could never had made it this far without my ladies.....

By the way, I have a daughter Michele.....1 L......hugs.

• shellshine
    edited February 2013

Dear Ducky, I just found some cute white ones but they won't stick to this post, either.

• duckyb1
    edited February 2013

Lol

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited February 2013

Just wanted you to know - my kids read early... LOL

benbibble

what is wrong with this picture???  Hint - There is one thing that is wrong - like the old highlights magazines for kids...

• gmafoley
    edited February 2013

Oh and here is a cute red one to go with the black one..

thong

• shellshine
    edited February 2013

Okay GmaFoley, I'm jealous, I can't figure out how to post Ducky's tasseled pasties, and they're really cute, dagnabit.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2013

oooo I like the red one--good choice

• duckyb1
    edited February 2013

I'll take 2 red ones.....remember I need 1 for each side........

• camillegal
    edited February 2013

U'r lucky--I need double that.

• duckyb1
    edited February 2013

LOL........

• gmafoley
    edited February 2013

Ok you all asked for it - So I don't need to appologize for this???? It doesn't pertain to my BC but it pertains to what I am going through  and why I'm at my wits end and want to give up - I just put this on my sleep apnea forum too - 

I just had a sleep study done after asking my primary doctor for it. He had me do an oximetry first and the results as he put it "was bad" (that was all he said).. I know I have a very bad insurance that only pays out $1000/yr and he was trying to do things cheaply. He ordered me an APAP back in October and being I had little money, I had to go through a donation/financial help process.. I finally got my machine early December. I had to go in and bring my SD card in multiple times because of leak issues. Two months went by and I wasn't feeling better and my leaks went down and my AHI went up.. In this time nothing was said to me, until I went to an A.W.A.K.E. meeting and was asked why I didn't go for a sleep study.. I could be in some trouble without it.. So I went to my primary doc and asked for one.. I just got the results (which I put under the sleep study topic). We have email to the primary doc and I emailed and asked if they got the results and could we discuss them.. I got an one line email back saying my pressure needs to be 7cm H2O - that was it.. No referring me to a sleep doc or discussion as such. I do see a Respiratory therapist for my SD card readings..I have a visit with her on Monday.. Where do I go to have all this explained?? I feel the doc must not know much, if he seems unwilling to discuss this further.. Just because I'm broke and little insurance, doesn't mean I want to play Russian Roulette with my life. I am already dealing with Breast Cancer and related after effects of radiation (meds, pain etc..), but give me a break... This might be exacerbating alot of the issues I am feeling. Where do I go next??

I just feel I am being put by the wayside. Ok I know STFU....

Edit: AHI is supposed to be under 5 - during my sleep study it was 53.4, APAP- Auto CPAP

• camillegal
    edited February 2013

MA someone will know something about this--I don't have a clue what anything means. I'm so sorry u have this added to all the BC crap, thst's for sure. How can they just let u hang like that? I don't care if u have insurance or not--that's terrible.

I'm thankful I have ins. for sure, but this has taken me for a ride financially so I know what u mean by no money-but that no reason to not explain in detail what's going on. See u don't wsnt them to STFU and they do. Damn.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited February 2013

GmaF---you finally opened up.Good for you>im so proud of you.

Just maybe someone can give you some kinda answers.I hope so...damn it...

Look girls we are makin progress..

She even said STFU...

Yay....

• camillegal
    edited February 2013

We'll get her Granny--now I hope someone knows about this.

• shellshine
    edited February 2013

Dear GMAFoley, AHI is apnea–hypopnea index (AHI). It measures how many pauses of breathing (of at least 10 seconds) that cause a decrease in blood oxygen level. When you divide the number of episodes by the number of hours of sleep, you get a score:  5–15/hr = mild  15–30/hr = moderate; and > 30/h = severe.

When the physician emailed you about your pressure, he was referring to the setting your machine needs to be at. You are not getting the explanation you need. Get a copy of your Sleep Study. Ask your doctor or respiratory therapist to explain it to you IN PERSON. If this requires an office visit that you need to pay for, ask him to explain it to you over the telephone after you have a copy in hand. Keep at him until you get the information you need, whatever you do, DO NOT STFU. Don't get discouraged, just keep at it until you get your answer.  

~ MIchelle

P.S. I swear I'm gonna figure out a way to send you a picture of those pasties with tassles.        

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited February 2013

Esther, I wish I could offer you some kind of helpful suggestions but I know nothing useful.  You do have my fervent prayers.

• camillegal
    edited February 2013

See GMA I knew someone would know and it was Michelle--Yay for u Michelle now GMA u can get this thing tohrther.

• camillegal
    edited February 2013

Photo

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited March 2013

Okay, sheesh!  I took a picture of me WITH those damn tassels!  There are pictures of ANYthing on "Google Images"....  All you do is type in any kind of picture you want, or poem, or ANYthing, and you will then see HUNdreds!  Then click on the Image, then copy, then paste!  Be careful what you ask for girls, because EVERYthing is on there..... I'm just sayin'.

Michelle... that was so great that you knew what GMA was talking about!  With ALL of us here, we should know SOMEthing about almost everything!  And yes GMA, you need to understand what they (the Docs) are talking about...  But don't let Granny take you.  She would have her pockets full of salt, and all hell would break loose.

Today is race day!  I forgot the Nationwide was running yesterday afternoon!  BUMMER!!!  But I saw on the news, a horrific wreck on the last lap sent cars flying!  Fans got hurt... hospital....and I don't know the rest.  I just hate when something like that happens!  So may precautions and barriers are there, but SJH sometimes..  My Daughter in Orlando says some fans are staying in Orlando, because it's pretty close to Daytona!  We went there one time... oh never mind, I think I already told you.

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2013

AND another thing!  Are you kidding MISS K?  You don't know what it is????   Oh for God's sakes!   If "it" somehow comes to a head, or something awful like that, THEN what will you do?   Can't you just go to some dentist, or dental school?  Maybe they have an idea of what you are carrying around there....  You might even scare THEM!  Not just us... THEM!!!!!!! 

It sounds to me, that IF it is an infection, or like a boil, or something contained, that they could DRAIN it, and remove any chance of it going in your system....  It COULD be absorbed into your system, if you leave it another year or two!  It must not hurt.... does it?  Or we would hear you screaming from one end of this earth to the other.  I will try searching for some solution on the Internet... but I don't know exactly what it looks like...  If you were MY kid, I would walk your a$$ right in to the emergency room for either a consultation or a spanking! 

Ducky, where ARE you?  Can't we scare the pants off this stubborn little Princess and make her go?  I tried, I tell you, but she just won't listen. I mean my DOG minds better than she does.  ..... xoxoxo

• iatigger
    iatigger Member Posts: 269
    edited February 2013

I so enjoy coming to this post and reading all the shit flipping back and forth, you gals make my day!

Chevy, Not sure I will catch the race today but here is hoping Danica can kick the boys to the curb.

Gma hope you can get some answers on the apnea test soon keep being your own advocate.

To all having blue days this week, here's hoping today is full of sunshine and happiness. And if it isn't go find yourselves some wine and chocolate, that can't hurt. :)

• Charles_Pelkey
    Charles_Pelkey Member Posts: 99
    edited February 2013

I have enjoyed this topic and, as a male breast cancer patient, I get more than my fair share of stupid comments that warrant a hearty "STFU."

This may digress a bit from the general theme, but it does count as a comment from a friend that is quite worthy of note:

My best friend, Bill, is godfather to my son, he was my best man and I was his. He's now a history professor in Kansas City, but we keep in touch. After the pathology report showed positive margins from my initial lumpectomy, I opted for a bilateral mastectomy. I called Bill to tell him and over the course of the conversation, I told him the date and location of my surgery. At the end of the call, Bill said, "Okay, see you Thursday."

True to his promise, Bill showed up just as my wife and I pulled into the parking lot of the hospital. He sat with us in pre-op' and then spent time with my wife while I was in surgery. He then spent the whole day with us in my hospital room. I was getting nervous, though. Bill, who is usually rude and obnoxious to me, was strangely quiet. He was clearly worried.

The next day, Bill came back and sat with us until I had to go back into the O.R. to have my chemo port inserted.

He was still somewhat subdued. Finally, he said "well, I need to go home and see my wife and get ready for classes. It's a long drive, so I better go."

I thanked him for driving all the way to Colorado, just to be there for us.

He reached the door, grabbed the handle and turned around to say one more thing:

"I was here for your mastectomy, Pelkey."

"Thank you for that," I said. "I can't tell you how much I appreciate it."

"But if you have a hysterectomy ... fuck you, you're on your own, pal."

Bill was back to form. At that point, I knew that things would be okay.

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2013

Oh hey, Hi Charles!  I thought WTF????? I saw a man's name on here, and I thought NOW we did it!

Girls, he's okay.... I looked at his posts.... Ha!  Sorry Charles that you too had breast cancer!  Damn!  I also had a friend... "Swede" that had it!  And that was so funny what your friend said!  We all NEED to laugh sometimes! 

But I swear... (and I do) these gals on here are just way too much fun... we might embarrass you...  It's like having a teacher in the classroom... Ha, ha!  But if you don't mind us, we will treat you just like one of the girls. 

SOOOOOO did you like the pictures of the thongs and pasties?  Dear God, if my husband knows I am talking to another man, I am dead.  Wink

And so HI Tigger.... Yes, I have fun on here too, teasing each other...  Did you see the Nationwide yesterday...?  I missed !!!!   Oh, I already said that... 

Can we still cuss if HE'S here?  Ha, ha!  I'll bet WE could teach him a thing or three! 

I MEANT to say, Kantalope, try typing in "lump on my gums" on "Google Images"...  THERE you will see lots of pictures, and maybe one will look like what YOU have growing in your mouth... Then click on it, and go to their "page"... and it will say what it is...

You wouldn't want to kiss her yet  Charles.... wait till she gets rid of that whatever it is she has....   Maybe YOU can make her go to the Docs! 

Love you guys...

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited February 2013

Chevyboy and Granny.....you two might have to clean up your act, Charles is a lawyer so

be VERY careful what you say ......sincerely don't want to visit the pair of you in the

clink!!!! On the other hand, would give you both time to read"the book" .....lol

• Charles_Pelkey
    edited February 2013

Hello Chevy (boy?!?!? Please explain).
    I get that reaction a lot, of course. We're a small percentage (just over 1 percent) of breast cancer patients. A lot of guys are embarrassed by the diagnosis, so I've made it a personal mission to speak out as much as I can. I wrote a piece for the Huffington Post last year (type in "Tits on a boar" in their search engine and you'll find it) and have done a bunch of interviews on the subject. The weirdest one was one for a German radio network, which had to call me because they couldn't find a German willing to talk about male breast cancer (WTF?).

Anyway, please folks, don't mind me. I am not easily offended. Continue to speak freely, cuss all you want and, yes, thongs and pasties are always a terrific topic, especially when that includes pictures.

As for your husband, Chevy, fear not. I won't tell. My wife, by the way, does know all about you girls and she's happy that I can get help and information here.

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2013

No, we can't clean up our act!  It ain't an "act".... Ha, ha!  By the way, how do YOU know he is a lawyer?  Wink  Don't tell Ducky we have a guy on here...  OR Kantalope...   How fun!  I can hardly wait to see what the girls say...

Oh Hi Charles......

• Charles_Pelkey
    edited February 2013

Scottiee1
    Seriously, don't worry about the fact that I am a lawyer. I do criminal defense, family law, bankruptcy, employment law and represent battered women in protection cases. I am not "The Man," so you can relax. Don't try to clean up your act. I would feel awful if my mere presence in this group were to constrain the normal banter.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited February 2013

Charles, good to see you again.  I don't remember which topic it was on  but we met on another topic where you posted a few times when you first came to BCO.  Welcome to STFU!

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2013

Aw Geez.... he even sounds intelligent....  We are in trouble!  Wink   I remember going up to The Miracle Mile one time years ago... We were hit with the WORST rain storm, and coming out on that dirt road, we were sliding all over the place.... 2 little girls in the back seat crying, my DH out of the car, trying to guide it to the middle of the road, and my GOD I was scared!  When we hit pavement, we had a DRINK!   That dirt road was like driving on pudding!  

How IS Laramie?  I don't remember much about it... but my DH pulled MANY fishing trips up that way, when we were younger!  

Okay, I'm behaving about as much as I can....  don't expect toooooo much.