Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• M360
    M360 Member Posts: 164
    edited February 2013

Ariom,  I buy Aloe Vera Juice 100% at Whole Foods and keep it in the fridg.  Because of Enbrel I get constant nasal infections, which means tons of antibiotics, so I looked into what would work for me during my last recurrence.  This is what I do, I first do a small amount of sea salt and warm water in a nettie pot and wash out sinuses.  Then because you can drink and swallow Aloe Vera Juice I thought why not use this cold to calm down the inflammation.  So I just pour it cold from fridg. into nettie pot and it works.  Even when I start to get sore gums from chemo, instead of lidocaine mouthwash I prefer doing cold aloe vera gargles.  Works for sore throats too.  Doesn't interfere with any medication or treatments.  If you don't want to use a nettie pot you can put it on a q-tip and wipe the inside of nose and let it drip down back of nasal cavity.  

If you try it tell me how it works for you.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2013

Thanks M360,

I misunderstood, I thought you used it for the sinuses. I use a nettie with salt water for a sinus problem I got after having my sinuses drained when in Hospital in Singapore, while I was awake, but that is another story LOL.

Although I had a nasty infection at the time, I had never suffered from sinus problems in the past. Not so now, I have a constant sinus problem theses days.

I will, however, keep that in mind if I get thrush in the mouth and throat from antibiotics, I had never thought of using Aloe that way.

Just out of interest, if you don't mind me asking are you taking Embrel for Rheumatoid?

My Rheumatologist tried to get me on a trial of Enbrel here in Australia some years ago because I had problems with Methotrexate and most of the other meds for RA. I didn't qualify because they couldn't find any of the right spinal damage that would have got me in. At that time a year of treatment on Enbrel was almost $80,000, a few years later it fell to $18,000, I was offered two free infusions, but turned it down because I didn't want to commit to that kind of cost, if it worked, and then perhaps have to stop if my financial situation changed. Anyway I digress!

Thanks again for the information!

• M360
    M360 Member Posts: 164
    edited February 2013

Ariom, Maybe I said to much and didn't make it clear.  This is used for sinuses.  You get 100% Aloe Vera Juice (which you can drink for stomach and other problems) keep in refrigerator so that it's cold and just use this instead of salt water.  It stops the sinuses from being painful or swelling of the sinuses.  It's thin and easy to flush sinuses and it being cold help the sinuses even more.

I have been on Enbrel since it was in trials.  It is the only thing that worked for me with my RA.  I have had so many bone and tissue surgeries and was in a wheel chair.  Since starting Enbrel I have had not one tear or joint freeze or inflammation of the joints.  I can't be on this when on Cytoxan.  They treat RA with Cytoxan.  When I get this for my cancer I can even go out dancing.  You can ask your doctors about Cytoxan for RA also.  My insurance pays for it, the cost for what I use which is 50mg injections every third day cost about $5,000 a month. I inject myself.  My Rheumatologist says if she ever got RA, Enbrel would be the medicine she herself would use.  It's the one thing I won't give up it's either Enbrel or Cytoxan I always need to be on one or the other during my cancer treatment because without I can't walk across the floor or get out of bed without help. Enbrel has kept me mobile and walking all these years. 

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2013

Got you now, I understand about the Aloe for sinus. I will give it a try.

I was diagnosed with RA in '96 Tried almost everything available at the time and over the years. Mine is the reactive type, caused by tic or flea bite in Kuala Lumpur. It has slowed down over the years and after many surgeries. I am still on Cortisone, the only thing that really keep it under control. I am one of the fortunate ones, I need a smaller dose than most to get good results.

I take many complimentary things too, couldn't move without Green Lipped Mussel Extract. My Rheumatologist is wonderful. He is switched on to all the newest research, but believes in the complimentary meds too.

Our private insurance doesn't pay for our meds. We have a government PBS system, but Embrel has never been passed to make it affordable.

So glad to hear you get such good results from Embrel. I'm not familiar Cytoxan, but will look into it.

Thank you so much, take care!   

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited February 2013

M360...good for you, I am eating what I want when I want...I already have cancer I mean why deny myself, that is my theory...have a good day

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited February 2013

Cam......I agree with you.....my sons MIL, never watched her diet...she at one point was overweight.....ate butter by the pound, and sweets till she could not down another bite...she is 92, no cancer......plus, now hear this.....his FIL, her husband, smoked Lucky Strikes from a kid till late 70's.....drank a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon every weekend, he has dementia, but no cancer.....he is 94.....so you tell me......

Said this before....my husband was never overweight, built fantastic, ate well, did not smoke, or drink......construction worker, healthy as a horse......never sick......woke up one morning with yellow eyes.....ER visit, blood work, more testing.......dx......Pancreatic cancer....died 2 yrs. 9 months later........at the age of 57..........we are all dealt a hand, it's not the way we play our cards, it's the cards we're dealt........unfortunately some of us get the cancer card......how else do you explain it.......it is what it is, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it......and now I will gladly STFU............hugs to my ladies......

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2013

ducky, I'm sorry about u'r husband he was certainly much to young. Geeze --my dad was 96--neer followed any rules of health and he died in his sleep of a heaet attack-
    And alot of people now that I know have it most are very fit and do the ym thing, take supplements and really do well and it doesn't matter.

I don't know how I got this next part so off the mark--it's so low.  my sister

we laugh cuz when she goes with her husband and he's 5 yrs. older does everything wrong and has diatis is healthier than her--his number are better than her and she watches everythin.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited February 2013

All of you are incredible, it makes me want to just STFU and admire you.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited February 2013

Yes!  We are WOMEN!!!!  Ha, ha!  I just downloaded my Daughter's SOME FUN  to my itunes!  I LOVE that song, "We are young".... I can't understand the words, but when the chorus comes on, I am singing to it at the top of my lungs!  Wink  Love you all.... Like Granny what's her name says, I'll be back!  xoxoxoxo

• camillegal
    edited February 2013

Shellshine see what u started with Chevy now she's going to sing--I hope I don't hear her. LOL And altho I can spell u'r name I can't say it right It reminds me of she sell sea shell by the se shore---but fast--hahaha

And don't stop coming to STFU cuz we just say that to alot of other people.

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2013

Hi ya Casmille, Shellshine& Blondie!

Just thinking of you Ducky....Hope you are doing alright...

Oh Ariom and something360....  I drink that liquid gallon of Aloe Vera from Walmart when I am having problems with my stomach or an ulcer I used to have.... Never thought of it for nasal rinses, but it makes sense.  Yes, DH drinks it straight, whereas I mix it up in a smoothie, with orange juice, or ANY kind of juice, fresh bananas and berries and flavored cream! 

I TOLD little miss Granny pants about it, but don't know if she tried that for her stomach issues....  When is she going in?  Man, she has forgotten about us!  That brat!  xoxoxoxoxo

• duckyb1
    edited March 2013

Hey Chev, here, pissing and moaning as usual.......thinking about tha friggin Chicago plane ride, and scared to death..and my bitch daughter (mother of the groom), has not one bit of sympathy for my phobia.......says " I'll leave you in the airport if you act up, and you will take a taxi home"......then said..."if you act nuts when you board, they will toss your sorrow ass right off the plane"..............bitch flies all the time...even to the UK for her job........another daughter gave me shit when I told her I was petrified and can't help it.....I am scared of heights, claustrophobic, and scared of flying..........she told me......grow up......I told her to STFU......

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    edited March 2013

(((Ducky)))   Your daughters are too funny........hugs

• blondiex46
    edited March 2013

seems like your daughters learned from the best Ducky....they are right STFU and get on the plan....heavy medicate yourself...

• duckyb1
    edited March 2013

I told them I need a hospital guerny.....an IV line, and the shit they gave Michael Jackson, that f/n, killed him, cause if the thought of getting on that f/n plane doesn't, that shit will, and I'll never know what the hell hit me.....

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited March 2013

Ducky, I'm terrified of heights (a chair is too high) and fairly claustrophobic and flying doesn't bother me. I wish I could go with you and hold your hand. One warning: right after the plane takes off, there's a clunk sound. That's the wheels being drawn up, not the tail hitting the ground. It could be scary if you're not expecting it. Let the airline know it's your first flight ever. You're gonna be fine. (((((HUGS)))))

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited March 2013

Now I am adding a pulmonary sleep doctor. It might take 7-10 days before someone calls me with appointment time. I'm happy and sad, both at the same time. I will STFU now.

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Gma I'm glad u'r getting the right Dr. involed it will end up good for u and u'll feel better.

Ducky--I've flown and I don't like it one bit---No one will sit next to me when I've been on a plane--I have to bother a complete stranger and they are miserable so I understand--but like everyone says Say Yes to Drugs alot of them so what if u forget the flight u'll be very likable and u'r DD's are hysterical.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited March 2013

Ducky - Once upon a time I liked flying even though I had a touch of agriphobia even as a teenager (fell out of a hayloft when I was 14, didn't break anything but scared me to death) but over the years I have developed a severe phobia.  I actually get physically ill at the thought of flying.  I regret not finding a way to overcome that fear.  Please don't let that happen to you.

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013
    Morning all.... Ducky, I am afraid of flying too... but I wouldn't want to say that, actually, because I don't want anyone to know that... except you guys.  My DH is even worse...  I act like I'm not afraid with him, AND my Daughter.  Some of us just are!

I know it's safe, I know millions do it every day... but I just get the heebie-jeebies every time I have to fly. 

But yes, your Daughter's are not very helpful, to say the least.  Who did they take after?  Ha!  They sound like lots of fun, but maybe NOW is not the time to get all Motherly over you. 

Oh, yes, I remember that Michael Jackson drug....  the guy said that is what I was getting, ever so hesitantly, right before my surgery.  I didn't know a THING!  And I didn't even get sick from the anesthetic.   I don't think that's a possibility..  Can you get a valium or something? 

Smoke grass.... or is it weed?  That should help.  Take chips, lots of chips.  And take a magazine like Enquirer or some other stupid mindless mag, like we like to read.  

While flying, look around you... See how everyone else is relaxed, and having fun?  Even sleeping!  You don't see anyone else going totally berserk, and needing restraint.....  I know....!  DRINK!!!  Yes, order lots of beverages... You'll have to be DRUG feet first off of that plane, with a drink in your hand.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2013

Morning all....sorry been MIA.....trying to get over this infection....the antibiotics are knocking me for a loop....lol

My son had his cardio appt. yesterday....stress test still shows an irregularity, so they want him to wear a monitor for 48 hrs....stay tuned.

Yeah flying.....hate it....I'm usually slightly inebriated by the time I get on that plane.....take a couple of gravol, which deems me semi-unconscious, enough that it stops me from trying to break down the dam door ...😜

Catch up later as I still have no energy.

BTW......has Granny abandoned us....😥

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited March 2013

Ducky, I fly across the country several times a month for work. I look to the flight attendants for clues when I feel a bump or hear something unexpected. If they are business as usual - I don't worry. They react very quickly when something is really going on. Take a deep breath and maybe have a glass of wine or something for anxiety (do NOT have both) and have a good trip. 

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited March 2013

I needed a beautiful sunrise through our trees this morning. Its been raining all week no sunrises - so here is one I love.  Edit: Just noticed after 2 years this picture is mirrored - those 2 trees to the right should be on the left!!! ROFL.

Morning Sky 2011

Morning sunrise

• blondiex46
    edited March 2013

Scottie glad you are ok, get rid of that infection and hope DS is ok...

Chevy, drugs, drugs and more drugs, that is my theory to get me through whatever it is....zofran I eat like candy....

GMA thanks for that, cousin lives down the shore (jersey) and I have to call her and get a vacation...in about a month, seem to make all kinds of plans on my week off....

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Ducky everyone is right if u look around the plne everyone is relaxed and calm or even sleeping UNLESS I'M ON THAT PLANE--I'd be right with u- I did once however yell we're going down--within no time there was panic and the captain came on and said we were making a turn so everyone calm down--I did have a stewaress sit by me on the floor the rest of the fight-I think she was told to--another time it was a nite flight I said maybe to loud How can these people sleep when we could go down any minute, my then husband called the stewardess and sai he wanted to move , he didn't care if he sat on the wing. HE MOVED and she sat next to me--One of the reasons he is my ex. and there are mor times that somehow I caused a bit of disturbance. So I'm right with u--I in my mind know it's safe and everything will be all right but something else says give me a parachute and the bible at least. so it's just that way.

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2013

Morning everyone, Sorry I've not joined in for the last few days, its been scan time.  And of course with scans comes results..... craptastic ones.

Another compressed vertebrae, another recurrence in left armpit and "multiple" mets in the liver which were not present in December. 

If one coworker tells me to be postivie I will utter the infamous STFU, just heartbroke today. 

Some one cheer me up.

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited March 2013

Dear redhead. I don't know what to say except that I am very sorry for the news you just got. If anyone has the right to say STFU, you earned the right to yell it from the rooftops today.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2013

Redhead......so sorry you got that news!!!! Yes, you sure do have the right to tell everyone to STFU......I'm not telling you anything here that you don't already know

regarding treatment.....new ones coming out all the time.....most of us seem to feel

marginally better when we have a treatment plan in place....I so hope this will be the case for you ❤

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013

Damnit little redhead!  I so hate to hear this sort of news....  No, you don't have to be positive.  YOU can be whatever you want...  We'll all be there with you....

And yes!  Scottiee is right!  They are always coming out with new treatments for EVERYthing.... hopefully you can tell your team this, with your voice of utmost authority, and make them believe they are overlooking something!   Tell them you know they are over-looking something...  and then go put together another team..... Wink

Just make sure you tell that co-worker to STFU!!!  In Caps!   That should scare her!  Tell her about US!  Oh never mind.... don't try that one....

We love you little Red..... xoxoxoxo

• momof2doxies
    momof2doxies Member Posts: 58
    edited March 2013

Good Morning all...

Gma..that is a beautiful picture. Oregon is my favorite place (when not at home in GA). I lived on the Oregon Coast (2000-2005) in the little town of Yachats. We drive out to Oregon almost each summer to spend 3-4 weeks at the coast. One of my doxies, Heidi, was born in Toledo, and she loves the smells of the Pacific. 

Redhead....I really feel your anxiety. Try to find comfort in the new treatments. There are so many success stories, and I hope you will be one, too.

Not much happening today, except redoing our wills and POA for GA. So far I have not had the need to tell anyone to STFU. Hoping all have a nice weekend.