Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2013

thanks everyone, I saw the radiation oncologist today, but stopped by to see the medical oncologist who as always put things in a better perspective, we're getting a plan in place and I'll be ok (unless some dumb coworker crosses me!! LOL) 

Love to you all! Thanks!

By the way, WHERE is granny??? I bought the damn book!!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited March 2013

Redhead all I can do is send you *********CyberHUGS********** Love you Sister!!!! I hope it is ok to call you that. Not blood but BC Sister.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited March 2013

Redhead I think this we Granny is getting ready or having surgery.

• redheadinwv
    edited March 2013

Gma Foley, of course we are sisters!! I'll take hugs and sisters anytime, my own biological sister sucks......

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2013

Gma i think we're all sisters here.

Redhead I am truly sorry about this crap---but now u did say u'r onc. has a plan I love to hear that really--Like the other girls said (girls???) there are a lot more treatments now than ever-but it so hard to hear it anyway. Another (((HUGS))) for u, u can't et eniff.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2013

Redhead, love plans......especially when they know what they are talking about....sorry about the news but it sounds like everything so far is getting to a point where you will have answers.....the waiting game now until you meet with them, but we are here, come and do whatever you feel like at the time, rant, cry, scream or tell people to STFU, which we love.....big {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

• redheadinwv
    edited March 2013

yep, blondiex46, its old hat to wait, I've "failed" several chemos and this wasn't a huge surprise.  Thanks of course for the hugs though :)

camillegal,  thanks for the hugs! Cool

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited March 2013

Redhead, from one BC and redheaded sister to another ((((((HUGS))))))!  You are in my thoughts and prayers as all of you are.

• redheadinwv
    edited March 2013

thanks kathindc! hugs to you as well!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited March 2013

Redhead, Sorry to hear your news. By the way, the chemos failed you, not the other way around. (((((HUGS)))))

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited March 2013

Prayers Redhead.........

• redheadinwv
    edited March 2013

thanks ducky and wren! you are right damn chemo failed me!! Wonder why I didn't think of that one?!

• Merlcat
    Merlcat Member Posts: 122
    edited March 2013

Ok here's a stfu- just finished reconstruction. Had my first gyn appt....bled like it was a Monty python movie after my Pap smear( much like after stereotactic biopsy) and gyn tells me that I have a polyp. More than likely, it's benign BUT as with everyone else here, I have an enormous disrespect for statistics!,

Could polyp be related to boob rot that I just had cut off!? Omg STFU if I have effing cervical cancer!! Shoot me now!:(

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited March 2013

im back.

yes i do have dr appts.all week.

yes im gettin ready for this freekin surgery

went to my internist and she asked me who was my cardio dr.i told her i dont have one.never went to one is there a problem.she siad well your cholestorol is still hi,you were under enormus stress,you smoke and yes you got to see a cardio or i wont give you medical clearance.sooo another dr on my list.betcha something is wrong with my heart.It wouldnt surprise me with all that shit that went down.grrrrrrrr

im tryin to read the book but right now its too confusing...my brain is mush...

ill be back.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2013

Granny....take a deep breath......we're there with ya. ❤

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited March 2013

Little K.... don't read yet.... It won't make any sense, and you won't remember anything you read.  I've tried that myself, and you have to wait until you can get "into" any book.  I'm so sorry about what your Doc said... even if she IS right.  Honey, you could have told her all the stuff you do wrong anyway, and saved the trip.

Stress will YES make your heart go nuts... not EVEN mentioning what it does to your stomach.  Can you at least not drink coffee?  Or extra caffeine?  I don't think it would do any good to ask you not to smoke... but it hurts you so much.... especially now.  I know you would tell me, "But I NEED them."  I thought the same way once....  Until I HAD to quit, because I couldn't inhale without it hurting my chest.  Even the Menthol ones! 

But whatever you do, we'll all help you out.... if only to just be here when you need us.  Your brain is mush?  So what's new....? Wink  So is mine.... we'll keep each other company.

A polyp Merlcat?  Oh good Lord!  Maybe they can do cryosurgery, and freeze the damn thing off?  I know they do this.  I don't think it has anything to do with your boob?  Just tell them I said so.... ((((hugs))))

Thinking of you little Red..... xoxoxxo

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited March 2013

Chevy-Im not gonna read now.I know i will not be able to concentrate.I dont drink any coffee and i did only smoke 1 cigarette a day but whit all the stress im up to 2 or 3.The hi cholesterol is in my family.my brother had 2 or 3 angioplastic..well i must have spelled that one wrong but i think you know what i mean...and there is heart disease in my family.both sides grandparents...sooo if anything is wrong with my heart it really wont come as a surprise.not like the bc that came out of left field.

im sorry if i havnt commented on all the other sistas who are having problems too.i read every comment that was written and i did say a prayer for all of you.

im just so tired of all this crap and nothing is related to the bc.As Ducky said WE WILL NOT DIE OF THE BC.ill probably have a heart attack while they are operating on me.

im really down in the dumps.everything is closing in on me....i will not stay in this black hole tho...I know i have all your support and i do appreciate it.

I do a lot of the deep breathing and i have calming oils that do help.

prayers help to.

huggggggs kantalope

• blondiex46
    edited March 2013

Granny we worry about you please take care of yourself....

• duckyb1
    edited March 2013

Gran....here for you girlfriend......

• duckyb1
    edited March 2013

Metrication....if it is any consolation, I had a uterine polyp...same thing, heavy bleeding....gun did a hystascope removed it, and that was the end of it....benign, and no trouble since.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2013

(((((((granny)))))))

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited March 2013

Granny I hardly know you but I'm starting to love you already. I'm glad you're back, I missed you.

Do y'all think I scared Charles away with the thong? I sure hope not - I would feel badly about that Charles - are you there???

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    edited March 2013

(((Granny)))♥

Shellshine...My DD and her husband live in Oahu.....SmileCool

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited March 2013

Praying granny.  (((hugs)))

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2013

Granny - come here to the other coast & enjoy the rain with me....  Bring a bucket to catch the drips in the house though!  Laughing

I get to stare at the ceiling with my feet in stirups and "relax" for a gyn for the 1st time in over 15 years - obviously not my favorite thing!!!  Having spotting 20 years after menopause is the reason for this appt.  Since this is following over 7 months of severe fatigue & weight loss (I'm extremely overweight so I wasn't worried about that), I'm wishing I hadn't tossed my tranks & pain pills out.

Martha

• M360
    M360 Member Posts: 164
    edited March 2013

Ducky, When you said Pabst Blue Ribbon it took me home, I'm a PA girl who now lives in CA.  Did the doctors give you ativan with your cancer, if they did , take two and you'll be flying in your happiest memories and the rest of the people on the plane will just STFU!

Redhead,  my mom was a WV girl!  Just last week the FDA released the new breast cancer drug Kadcyla, which is suppose to help some of us women.  It's expensive but the drug company says they will help women pay for such or give it to you for free if you can't afford it.  When I read the cost, any of us will be getting it for free.  Now I'll STFU

Grandma I don't know what chemo you took but when I took ACT, my cholestrol went sky high, it was all caused by the medication also if you take thyroid drugs it will cause your cholestrol to rise.  I hope all goes well with your surgery.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. I know just STFU

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited March 2013

Oh for God's sakes little K!  You really ARE a mess!  Okay, what can we do to get you out of this???  Yes, it IS all piling up on you...  You have too much time to think right now.  It's gonna get better, I promise....  Just one day, at a time.... remember?    Maybe you have been TOO clean! 

Okay, I don't know what happened to Charles.... he gave up on us... Ha, ha!  He must really be "busy".... you know how it is in a man's world! Wink  Feeding that family, taking care of business.... and NOT messing around with girls like he was here....  Did you tell his wife Shellshine?   I don't think it was the thong.... must have been something else.... Maybe he was a fluke?  A figment of our immaginations?  A drive-by!  That's what he was...

Martha!  Do you gals still get pap tests?  I mean it has been YEARS since I had one of those?  How old ARE y'all ANYway?   I don't think we have to have those, once we "grow up"....  At least that's what I think... bunch of babies around here.... xoxooxo

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2013

Merlcat most of us have polyps and they are fine--I know now we overthink, but usually it's OK.

Granny the Docs like to cover their ass so they want to know cardiac stuff before surgeries so it's kind of normal and if u mean u have 1-3 acual cigs a day that's not really much at all, now if it were packs well then OK. Just seems like so many things have happened at one time to make this surgery seem forever to get. They must be giving u something to relax I hope--Hang in there Granny we're here, a bnch of people tht can hardl take care of themselves LOL I'm kidding

Chevy I know the thought of going to a gyny is obsolete to sme of us--I have nothing there anymore for years so one less Dr. So no female part, no boobs--I'm pretty much shut down.

• redheadinwv
    edited March 2013

Hang in there Granny! M360 what part of WV? I am just north if the capital (Charleston) but still call South Carolina home. Murrells Inlet is and will always be "home".

Kadcyla was mentioned so I am hopeful that they will figure it out this week while I get this latest recurrence out and see the neurosurgeon so I can start fresh on new chemo stuff the next week. I am quite tired of chemo getting to fail me!!

• blondiex46
    edited March 2013

You all scared the shit out of Charles or his wife found out we were talking about thongs and hooker shoes and told him to stay away....

HAPPY SATURDAY!!  On my way to walmart to get some food.....