Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited March 2013

• cheryl1946
    cheryl1946 Member Posts: 62
    edited March 2013

When I was in the hospital last summer for atrial fib, no one changed the sheets until I asked. It seems they save a lot that way on laundry costs. I pity those that are totally bedridden.

As for the johnny, that was changed daily, but I was so sleepy, I didn't even notice I hadn't washed. On 4th day, a nurse gave me some wipes that she heated in microwave, and I "washed" with them. Nursing sure has changed! Of course, I was in CCU, and there were only RN's. I guess they don't think about washing.

The fastest response I got was when the batteries went dead in my monitor; you go flatline, and they fly into the room!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited March 2013

I'm not too rowdy at 5 am - been up working for an hour now - ate too late again for my early bedtime and suffered all night - plus the cpap is giving me this nice redline bruise on the bridge of the nose (even with liners)  GRRRRRRRR - ok ok I will quit gumping now..

Good morning ladies.. Have a great day...

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2013

me I woke up at 5 and thank goodness I went back to sleep...

thanks for the update on granny have been thinking about her...

have a good day!

• mamatwinz
    mamatwinz Member Posts: 193
    edited March 2013

chevy....i feel violated..where did you get that picture of me??.....

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013

I just love you guys!  Come on Grammie.... feel better!  xoxoxo

• gmafoley
    edited March 2013

I'm a whiner - never used to be - hard working archaeologist/osteologist dug for a living and all given up for the dear BC, LE, Apnea... What an exchange :-P  - Praise God, I'm here for kids and grandkids, and have a hardworking job sitting on my butt doing computer work - Can you tell I'm really having a hard time with this change??? I will STFU now.

• iatigger
    iatigger Member Posts: 269
    edited March 2013

Camillegal, love the thoughts on cleaning, need to try that.

Chevy, love grannys gown.

Gma, whine all you want, that is what we are here for, to listen when no one else would understand. And you are not allowed to tell yourself to STFU so whine away. :)

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2013

Iatigger, that's the right attitude so apologizing for whining, cuz it's not whining it's the way we talk. LOL

Chevy u wear that much to bed, no wonder u get hot flashes. And love the nitegown, it's simply bewitching.

GMA that's what u did? I can't even spell those words--and the only reason I know what it is is cuz I watch all those scary movies and someone's always on a dig and releasing some kind of entity from long ago.

• ShaneOak
    ShaneOak Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2013

Got the laundry room painted, and action from my DH.  Very good day! No STFU today ladies.

xoxoxox

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2013

Chevy.....you are in soooo much trouble when Granny sees that outfit!!!! She's not going to be amused....lol.....when she gets better, don't be surprised if she shows up on your doorstep with her broomstick ha ha ha

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748
    edited March 2013

Chevy...even better, she's gonna put a spell on you...or a hex or something funky like that!  :)

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

chevy Tori's right, and if Granny looks like that she will

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited March 2013

Dear Granny, I got you some slippers to go with your new sexy pink teddy. Let me know if you prefer black to wear with your other gown when you go see Chevy

Granny's Slippers photo ScreenShot2013-03-18at71533PM_zps0fffbc02.png

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice shell

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013

Well, it SAID "Granny"..... so I had to do it!  Wink

• gmafoley
    edited March 2013

I pray I never look like this.. but boy do I feel that way ROFL...  If I do - please just take me behind the barn and shoot me!!!

lady nighty 

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2013

ok GMA where did you get THAT pix of me...love night coats...

and I knew someone who had those shoes...

how is everybody...me....it is friggin cold out and really sick of hearing that winter is over and it is spring tomorrow, not if it 41 deg....really!!

• iatigger
    iatigger Member Posts: 269
    edited March 2013

Gma gotta love that pic.

Blondiex, I am there with you in the cold. Wind chill was -4 this morning. They are saying we might break the record for the coldest start to spring tomorrow. Lucky us.

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Love that pic--I wish I looked that good. Blah

Ok we're 5 below here right now, but sun is out--big deal-I'm still all wrapped up cuz it's cold.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2013

Gee that pic looks like me when I was pregnant, rollers and all.....was not a pretty sight....lol

Granny ...hope you're starting to feel better.

Everybody else Hi and hope all is well....too tired tonight to post....luv ya all...❤

• M360
    M360 Member Posts: 164
    edited March 2013

Granny so glad you're going home with your DD, and that you're finally out of the hospital!

Camillegal, if that's you in the pink nightie, then you're my long lost twin.  Finally I found you!

Just wanted to tell Granny that I'm wishing her well.   Now I'll STFU

• gmafoley
    edited March 2013

Just wanted to share this picture to remind us that the sun is rising for another day and we all have each other to give (((((HUGS)))))) and laugh and cry together.

sunrise

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

What a beautiful view to start the day,

I hope everyone has a good one today.

• gmafoley
    edited March 2013

Camillegal - I try to start our day on the right foot - Just have taken it upon myself to do that for us... being I have to start typing so early, might as well...

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited March 2013

Gma, I appreciate and look forward to your photos.  They certainly start my day off on the right note.

• scooter-12
    scooter-12 Member Posts: 26,606
    edited March 2013

GmaFoley...Another stunning pic..you are indeed fortunate to wake up to that beautiful view every morning.

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2013

Hi everyone just dropping by to say hi and see how everyone is...

Having my vertebrae fractures cemented tomorrow, can't believe I am excited about cement but I am.

Hope Granny got her gown changed and is feeling better

Much love to all

Red

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Red usn't it amazing how we can get excited about some things???/

GMA we're all thankful--I barely put pics up cuz I always screw up the screen so I thought I'd better stop.

Anyone hear about Granny???????????????????????????????

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited March 2013

GMA - The the photo.  What a way to start the day. 

My day started with my mammo.  Ugh!  Was told my MO would have the results in 3 -4 business days and I would get a letter in 2 weeks.  WTH?  I can't believe it.  So now the only thing I can do is sit back and wait.  Like I have nothing better to do.  Okay!  I will STFU about that.

I haven't heard from Granny in a few days.  If she does not send me a PM tomorrow, I will call her and try to see what's up.  Update at 11:00 hehehe