Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited March 2013

In your pocket Red.  ((((HUGS))))

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2013

Jo a letter is a good thing that mrans it's OK, but u have to wait.:(

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited March 2013

Jo - it is totally unacceptable to have to "wait for a letter" with mammogram results for a woman who has had BC. UNACCEPTABLE. Please tell the ordering practitioner to call you with the results. 🙅

Red - God bless you, will be thinking of you. 🙏

Cami, Blondi, Esther, Shane, Chevy 💃 you dear rascal , Scottie and everyone else - God bless every one of you  💝

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited March 2013

I wish every imaging center could be  like the one I have.  Every time I've been there since my dx their Dr gives me  the results before I leave. I hope he keeps doing so.  Have a mamo on Monday.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2013

IN A FEW DAYS, don't you get one that they give you the results right there....we do, all people w/history of BC get a diagnositic one....that sucks...

Happy spring....hope everyone is ok, what are your plans for the holiday, if you celebrate it?

Me, ok went to drs. he said he will talk to the radiologiist, didn't he say that last week, oh yea he did and took vacation, told him that he should have mentioned the vacation thing, had to come back early, something about elderly father..showed him nails he said we could take off a week, I said why I have off a week and whatever....chemo was uneventful....and now am up it is 311am, damn steroids....been up since 1030, slept from 5pm til then, now up...and took 2 benedryl...will try again later....

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited March 2013

Morning you guys!  WTH JO?  Tell them you want a "diag

nostic" mammogram each time, and have them find a place where they will do that!  Once you have breast cancer, and are in any kind of treatment, that is usually  what they do!  

When you have a diagnostic, they just take the pictures... (smash and run) to the radiologist, then they read them, and they come back to you and say, "Okay, you're good to go!"  "Nothing new".... OR they say, come back in, he wants to see a certain area, and she takes them again... Then same thing.... So you sit there in that gown, waiting another few minutes.   (Sweating and whining the whole time.) 

Then she comes back in, with a big smile, and says "Okay!  Good to go!"  And you run and have breakfast or a Starbucks!  Wink

Hi Blondie and Chabba!  Shellshine, Kat & Camille!  What else are you guys up to?  I've been trying to clean up our back yard and gardens, and just getting ready for Spring....  But snow is expected again this week-end... Ha!

Red...  What are we going to DO with you?  Cement?  For God's sakes?    Is it Quick-crete?  I have some of that.... didn't know I could use it on my back!   You can even add coloring to that.... did you know that?  Tell your Doc you prefer colors.  Maybe they also use Duct tape?  I have some of that too.

This should do it!    It won't even shrink!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited March 2013

I do get a diagnostic mammo each time.  But, they still make me wait for the results.  My MO WILL call as soon as he gets them.  He assured me he would since I don't see him again until June 10th.  I have already told myself if I don't hear anything by Monday afternoon I am going to call.  I have a great MO - he does look after me.

• blondiex46
    edited March 2013

I don't get them anymore, but that is what I got from the first time I was diagnosed in 96.....not doing anything Chevy....chemo yesterday so staying in today, up most of the night, have to eat and almost time to nap...nauseous had to take a zofran, will do the illegal stuff soon if it keeps up....really JO, why wait...never heard of that...

Happy Thursday!! Its spring but it doesn't feel like it...

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited March 2013

Okay, I know it's Spring, BUT!  I was out cleaning up more of my gardens, and moving stuff around, and it started to SNEET!!!!  That's a mix of snow and sleet...!!!   And now a few sprinkles!  So game called because of weather...Wink  I was tired anyway.

Sorry Blondie that you get so sick!  Man, I hate that worse than anything.... that, and being dizzy!    Yes, take drugs.... why not?  Just don't go over-board.... or we'll have to come drag you to somewhere! 

You know, that's aNOTHER thing!  Some of you guys HAVE to take those drugs, because of pain with cancer!  Then there is my X-neighbor, who just decided to do her-self in, with too much meth and Oxy-whatever!  For years!  Raising her little Grand-daughter because the little one's Mom was in Jail, along with HER husband!

So my Husband called me one day when I was having lunch, and sure enough, Tracey had taken an overdose, in some motel and killed herself!  LEAVING the little girl and her dog in the care of HER Mother!  And oh!  The little Brother too!  Now I am just pissed!  There is NO excuse for that kind of stupidity.   She took them for the "fun" of it!  Her Son also died of an overdose! 

So the Great Grandmother is raising 2 little kids....  I don't know anything more about them!  They just disappeared.... I just hope to God that some day when little Tracey is old enough she will come see me again.  

The little ones would come over to see us almost every day.... sitting at my computer, helping me pull weeds in the gardens, and just talking... We would have popsickles and cupcakes and I just loved those two!   Damnit anyway.

Oh well.... life goes on, I guess. 

Jo, I'm glad you like your MO.... I don't even have one anymore....  She just was so insistent on me taking another drug like Tamoxifen, when I quit that one.... I told her I didn't want to lose any thing more than my hearing....   but she wanted me to try anyway... So I thought STFU!  Oh, I'm in a mood now!

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited March 2013

Ok Jo, as long as they don't make you wait too long.

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Damn how did I miss so much.

Chevy what a sad, horrible story that is. Wow It's so terribly said when u get mixed up with all those drugs. Yea I take them but not as strong they make me sick so I take the less powerful ones as directed and I never took anything, but at this point why not-I'd rather be more comfortable if I can.

Oh well life does go on. And what about Granny, have I missed something? has anyone heard?

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2013

I'm so missing Granny...😪

• blondiex46
    edited March 2013

Me miss granny also..

Chevy that is such a shame.....

no nap today, friggin steroids still have ahold of the body, so nauseous the illegal stuff is going to get used soon....hate this...

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Blondie try anything to help.

• blondiex46
    edited March 2013

the Illegial stuff works, immediately, omg is Charles on this site, will he turn me in!!

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Blondie hahahahaha I'd have to go with u cuz I've tried it, but I didn't notice anything so I didn't do it, otherwise I'd be right with u.

• SelenaWolf
    SelenaWolf Member Posts: 231
    edited March 2013

SNEET!!!  Love it.  Stealing it.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited March 2013

I got a PM from granny.  She is home but still in pain.  She is bitching about her back hurting because of the hospital bed. That must mean she is on the mend.  LOL!  She may try and post in a day or two. 

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2013

Yup, Granny bitching again, definitely a good sign. 😉

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited March 2013

Blondie, You could always move to Washington or Colorado. Can you not get prescribed stuff there?

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited March 2013

Or move to Oregon and get a medical marijuana card.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited March 2013

You should be able to get your doctor to order marinol-which has similar properties in a pill form. It is legal in all states.

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748
    edited March 2013

Jo-glad you heard from Granny...I was getting worried too...glad she is feeling up "complaining"..that is a good sign!  Please send our love to her next time you chat, please.

• M360
    M360 Member Posts: 164
    edited March 2013

Blondie,  I must thank you because when I saw my Oncologist I referenced what you have taken for lumbar spine and ribs, I've got it there and in right hip and femur along with lungs.  I'm on Faslodex now couldn't take the Femara or Tamoxifin or however you spell it.  Did ACT and starting Cytoxan again next week.  

Chevy I don't know about the spine but I was going to do some research on what to use on my drive that cracked this winter.  So Thanks for the heads up.

I'm up so much from pain can't sleep.  Nothing works, Morphine etc., doesn't' touch the pain so I just give up and pass out sometimes from bone and spine pain, I take Protonix and Compazine like every four to five hours for  nausea.  I try and keep my mind on something so I watch TV, now I'm in to Viggle getting points for free stuff for all those hours that I'm up all night and can't sleep.  At least now I'll be happy for something for nothing!

I'll STFU now... Granny hope you're feeling better.  I spent some days last week in the hospital and couldn't stand the back pain from hospital bed, they brought in some new type that really worked well.  So sometimes speaking out and up will get things changed. 

Love the pictures GMA

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2013

Hi guys! I am finally back in the land of the living from concrete installation. Evidently it is alot like quick Crete Chevy, after the recovery period I had to lay flat on my back for two hours then I got moved to a semi recline for an hour then got to sit up for half an hour then stood for a while and FINALLY got that damn gown off and real clothes on. All of you who were in my pocket yesterday thank you. :) I love you all, hope guys had margaritas, I didn't but I would if I could. The pain is much less already so this is all so worth the aggravation of the next three weeks that I am on restrictions out the wazoo! My family are going to be ready to kill me by the time I go for my recheck but that's their problem, I'll just tell them to STFU!!

Hope that Granny is well on the way to mending, if she's bitching she should be doing ok soon

Love to all

I'll be back later.

RED

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

RED I'm so glad u'r doing better-it sounds so strange but I have a GF who got cement in her neck and a big improvement and I was hoping u'd have the same--Follow all u'r instructions --I'm glad it's done.

Well ig granny's complaining that's a good sign and I have never stayed in a hospitl bed they are horrible. I always get arecliner and it's much easier on me. not for everyone I know, but the bed is discusting and they move it to the side.--I get the control thingy--that all I want anyway.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2013

I am so much better than even yesterday before the cement, I am following all orders which is killing me but I will do it. Can't imagine screwing this up so I will be good even if it kills me!

Everyone I talked to said it was a god send procedure, I have to agree and it hasn't even been 24 hours.

I got in the recliner as soon as I was allowed, like you Cami, i think those beds are disgusting!

Everyone have a good one today!

• blondiex46
    edited March 2013

so glad someone heard from granny...it is a good thing that she is bitching....

360 you are welcome, I have it in ribs, lumbar spine, cervical, one of the hips, lungs, breast wall and lymphnodes...glad i could of service....sorry about the pain, hope that diminishes....

No it is not legal here!!

Happy Friday!!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited March 2013

Don't no where to start but I did read all ur posts.thanks so much to each and everyone of you.and I even got Tori lookin for me.awwwww.does this crazy heart good.

Today I'm finally getting someone from Medicare to come to give me a shower and wash my hair.im doin soo much bett except for the back issue.those friggin beds belong in prison or maybe the drs mother should try them out.you no I'm gonna get them for this one.

Ill be back and I will not STFU,,,,

Ps.thecrecliners are only for knee replacements.I asked for one everyday.i was drugged up plenty so I didn't scream my brains out.

The first round you win..after that look out!!!!

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Oh granny it's good to hear from u and it'l feel so good to get a shower. Just work on getting u strength back then u get after all of them.U've been thru lot and we all prayed and u'r coming back strong. YYYYAAAAYYY

P<S< I had to actually get Drs. orders to get the recliner in my room and I never even sat on the beds, cuz I had before so I knew.