Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• MillieJ
    MillieJ Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2013

When someone starts to stay something like this, I hold up my hand to stop them and say, "I know you have good intentions, but I listen only to stories with happy endings."  They get the message.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2013

Hi Millie I hope the name doesn't scare u off--we know how serious everything is, we just try to get along, that's all.

Yea for showers. It'ss feel good for both of u.

I just thought of something about the cement--can u stil go swimming.?

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited March 2013

I enoyed watching her on the video, she rocks. 

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited March 2013

Hi Millie!  Have you had your surgery yet?  And how did you do?  I read one of your posts where you said you were afraid of being put to sleep.....

You know, that was also my biggest fear!  But I went through it like a breeze.....  Hope this helps you....  And after your surgery, maybe you'll want to post here, about your diagnosis?  That way a lot of us that have gone through the same thing as you, will be able to answer any of your questions...

Don't pay any attention to what "normal" people say to you.... Most of them just don't know what you are feeling, and don't know how to act.... even family!   

Click on page one of this thread, and you can read all the stupid things people have said to us... And all the reasons THEY think we got cancer...

Sometimes we are really serious on this thread, but other times, we are just plain nuts.... Ha!  Wink

It kind of helps with the fear, and everything we are feeling.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2013

a shower, wow Granny good for you....yep Granny showers/snow her, that schit stinks...

love them Chevy...

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013

A shower for Granny! 

It's about TIME!  Ha, ha!

I loved the email you sent!  Yes, little Kantalope.... just listen to what they say.... Take care of yourself, relax, try and stay happy.  I know you have gone through way too much for ANY one of us....  and how is your Son? 

You really DO have things to be thankful for, even when it seems the darkest...   My hands are finally getting better..... My fingers have completely peeled.  Now I have new soft skin.....  Man, they were awful!  They looked like I held them over the fire and burned them.  Blistered, red, then they drained, cracked and peeled.... But now that part of me is almost normal...... Wink

I have all these little gloves that I wear whenever I can....  Lots of creams and  ointments, and just trying to get over this last Eczema flare-up.  I think taking Prednisone really helped.... Too bad you can't take it all the time, because it helps with your joints.... they don't hurt!

Okay gals....  Trying to snow again.....  I might be getting tired of this.....  xoxoxoxoox

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited March 2013

A shower for grannydukes...ha..with that hunk of man...are you kidding me...wait till im betta before you send him over but in the meantime you take care of him will ya Chevy?

You sound so nice and sweet to the new gal on the block...tryin to make her think how nice you are right????guess what??????you really really are....

I dont really knnow anything about my son.they are keepin it to themselves and im glad cause i really cant even talk about it now.I know he is lookin at another surgery but thats all i know.

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013

I did that once, Ha!  Before we got married, we were at his folks.... We were both 18.... And ...Oh wait.... twice!   Ha, ha!  Oh wait, maybe at this house too....   Oh and then there was the time we........  but that doesn't count...  Just KIDDING! 

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2013

I saw the pix and said WTH is that, lol....then I read.....

Chevy glad you hands are getting better....peeling sucks, mine did it with xeloda...that is so true, I love it...

Happy Sunday......hoping for a good week for all of us!!!

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Oh Chevy u did that shower more than once--several times i"m sure and Granny don't listen to Chevy take it easy--that shower will be for next week.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2013

Granny.....if you're not up to that shower Chevy is offering, can I have it......lol

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Scottie I don't blames u--just a couple of yrs ago I took a shower everyday without a thought about it--just took it. Now it's such a job, by the time I get done I' in pain and exhausted hahaha I ain't what I used to be.

• FireKracker
    edited March 2013

well she is supposed to come today and its snowing...

i never wanted a shower sooo bad.

and my hair hasnt been washed for over 2 weeks.good thing i cut it real short.

the lill things in life we take for granted!!!!!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited March 2013

Granny - at one point i took a wash rag and shampoo and washed my hair that way  - had hair that kinda looked like this -

• FireKracker
    edited March 2013

A lill gel and blow dry and I love it.ha.

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Hey that what my hair always looks like.hahaha Ay one point in all this crap I was not allowed to take a shower or bath for almost 3 months--were they kidding??? But I found that no rinse shampoo and body wash and it really worked wonders--no one knew, or could tell I loved that stuff and I still use the no rinse hair shampoo occasrionally when I need to. I has real suds for both so u feel kind of clean and just wipe it with a towel. It was my savior thruout and still is. I felt more in control for myself then. Just sayin......and again little things but turns into big things.

• FireKracker
    edited March 2013

Just wondering what the ingredients are....I try to. Stay natural on what I put in my hair.parabins have mold and spores and sulfates end ethanol is real bad.can you let me no the ingredients?

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited March 2013

Have a friend who's baby had hair like the picture. She went to a store where the clerk commented, Oh look! A punk baby!

We used the dry shampoo stuff for BIL when he was quite ill. It was amazing how well it worked.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited March 2013

Red had the cement thing done on my spine for a broken vertabrae, and now broke another one.....have to go have that one cemented.....a cake procedure, just have to make the time...hope all went well....

Now the bad news......I know I worry before I should, but why would I not........my just 44 year old daughter called and told me she jus got a call from the hospital to come in and have her "friday" mammogram redone............I am sick........her 12 year old daughter is in her bathroom crying since she overheard the coversation between my daughter and her husband............God help her........I am beside myself, and can't even imagine this happening to her.........They said they saw calcifications for the first time, and need to do the mammogram over......then an ultrasound.......I can't even think straight......kids have off, so I will be going to watch them........I asked her to get her mother-in-law, and she said she would rather have me with them......she also has a 14 year old son.............God almighty.....This can't be happening..........2 weeks ago my 52 year old daughter had a lump aspirated by my BS........she never told me till the other day........that is the mother of our Groom to be.............thank God it as just a cyst.........I pray this is nothing too..............now I will STFU...........

• IslandGirl50
    IslandGirl50 Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2013

I pray that it is nothing too.

• FireKracker
    edited March 2013

Awwwwww.Ducky....just a constant shitstorm.....im prayin that its nothing.Know you will be constantly in my prayers.Dear God....enuf!!!!!!!

• duckyb1
    edited March 2013

Thanks for the prayers............

Granny hope your feeling better and back on your feet.......by the way......I could smell you all the way to Phill'y........Was gonna send the Hasmet squad, but figured you already had enough poking and probing.......glad its over......hugs girlfriend......

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited March 2013

Ducky, here's praying it is nothing!

• shellshine
    edited March 2013

Dear Ducky,

This is very, very difficult, probably harder than it was for your own self. As a mother you can't help but worry terribly. Through her dilligence in getting her mammogram, your DD  is doing everything right. As a daughter I was sooooo worried to tell my mom. Be a calm, reassuring presence for her and your precious GD and rest of family, and know that we are all here for you. I am praying for your family. 🙏

• duckyb1
    edited March 2013

Shellshine.....thanks a million.....I find so much comfort in the prayers and words from my best friends......love you all...........hugs

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2013

Jeez Ducky! I am sore but I am going to live I guess. How long before I feel normal? I am so sorry to hear about your daughter... When will this crap ever end?

Everyone else, hope all are ok, I am tired so I'm gonna take a nap.

RED

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited March 2013

Ducky, prayers for your daughter.  Let's hope it is nothing.  I know, easier said than done.  Prayers for calming for you as well.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2013

Ducky, prayers going up for your daughter.....

Red.....wishing for your pain to lessen daily .....❤

• duckyb1
    edited March 2013

Thanks Scottie,

Thanks Red....hope you feel better.......Did you have kyphoplasty...that is what I had done..like I said, broke another one, but have done nothing yet....will though sooner or later.......

• shellshine
    edited March 2013

Granny made me send this

Hard to find Chevy Pics! photo Chevy-runs-deep-funny-pictures_zps788afbba.jpg