Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited March 2013

Chevy,  I love the Shell picture 🌞

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited March 2013

Morning gals!  I just had to post this here too! 

My Daughter just called me...  5:00 it was!  Scared me half to death!  She was walking in to her store's big Grand Opening today... Well it was a re-model.... She is the floral manager of that King Soopers, and she had sent me these pictures of their arrangements, and how the store was decorated!  We saw it yesterday, and sooooooooooo beautiful!

I just thought the whole store was beautiful!  Wish I could be there today, but it will be a mad-house!

Oh man, you are all on the last page, and I'll lose this if I go back....  "I'll be back"....

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013

Okay, I FOUND you, Ha!  Princess, our little fiesty, hard-headed ball of fluff!  I'll bet you crack that Doctor up!  So what did they DO to you?  Can you at least tell us some of what the hell you were doing in the Hospital lounging around for God knows HOW long?   And was he cute?  Getting something out of you is like pulling teeth..... oh wait..... better not say that!

You COULD have had all your surgeons, dentists, plumbers etc. ALL come in the hospital and take care of those things at ONCE! 

And Charles peeked in one time... no wait... two.  He was talking to me, I think.....  It was a secret, so I'm not supposed to tell.

Thank God Ducky!  I can only know your fear..... just makes you numb thinking of something wrong with our "kids."

Rae!  I take Ranitidine.... does it help you?   It is the generic for Zantac, and a few others....

So is Cammy Camille?  I hate to work for this..... Ha!  And yes, I think she's surrending her HAIR, blowing in the wind...

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited March 2013

Ducky I am so blessed to be here to pray for your daughter and be one of your friends.. That is what we are here for right?   Thank you for being here for me too!

Edit: Now I have to STFU and get back to work!!!! ((((HUGS))))))))

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited March 2013

yeah im back.details...yrs ago i went to NYU in NY.for the dental.they wanted 30 grand for my teeth throu the clinic.well that didnt happen and nothing much has happened since except the caps got loose....and there was a lump in my mouth growing....this damn surgery knocked the caps lose.ya know they put that thing down your throat.i told them i had lose caps so now not only are they lose they are ozzing....soooo tomorrow im goin to see this dentist.probably antibiotics will be invold...wonder how my stomach is gonna take that crap.

this dr.was not the one who operated it was his partner.no personality,not even a grin but he gave me clearance to move about and have these teeth taken care of....ok.chevy enuf details.

Chevy...all kidding aside your DDs place is just stunning...I wish her the best of luck.She is so talented just like her father.

xoxoxo kantalope

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2013

Granny hahaha to Chevy--seriously Chevy u'r dgtr's place is beautiful with certainly tempting things to buy. U must feel so good for her.

Ducky as was said that's why we're here and our lives have come together the more prayers the better and we all know that feeling about our kids, they never leave our hearts.

I'm going out to lunch today and might wear my pretend boobs--It'll take away all the attention from my belly, but these meds are making me so tired o I'm not taking any mi=ore for the day, I would like not to fall asleep at the table, I'm drinking coffee with my head nodding to fall asleep now.

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013

Oh little Princess!  I'll get you for that, Ha, ha!  That was funny!   bitch.

You KNOW I love you..... and everyone else on here.... where else could we go and have this much fun?  Okay.... I got it, but we can't go there, can we?

Camille, you are going to don your play boobs?  You GO girl!   Talk to you guys later! xoxoxo

• redheadinwv
    redheadinwv Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2013

Hi guys! So glad Ducky's DD is ok!! Yes, I had kyphoplasty on the T 4 and 5, the 4th had completely collapsed, the 5th had two fractures, I am doing better from that each day it's slow but... I am getting there. Granny, so glad to hear you are getting things done and starting to get back on track.

However of course my tumor markers are still raising, the incision thinking that this chemo isn't working either. Ugh! So, think good thoughts for me

I'm gonna STFU now, the boy is home and screeching about money for something. Again....

RED

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2013

Red.....sending good vibes on that chemo tx.

Chevy.....your DD place is absolutely beautiful. Does she get all that talent from her mother 😋

Granny so glad you are getting those teeth fixed.

Camillegal.....hope you enjoyed lunch today.

Can't wait for my four day weekend.....my students keep me hopping everyday....I'm exhausted. I guess I shouldn't complain about the hopping..... Good exercise.....lol

Love you all. ❤

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013

Hi gals!  Scottiee!   Well, the love of flowers kind of runs in the family.... I remember my Dad worked for this green-house, and took me there one day when I was about 5.... we went upstairs, and I thought I was in heaven!  All the beautiful floral arrangements, ceramic planters, and I'll never forget that day.

Dad always grew Roses when we were growing up, and Mom always arranged flowers bouquets for church.  Then they moved to the Bay Area, and that is where everything really happened.  You know, EVERYthing grows there.... So Mom had Orchids, Bonsai's and Dad grew anything he could get his hands on.... Antherium, Paint-brush, Monkey bush, Ginger and Staghorn fern growing off all their trees.  So they all lived in "heaven."

Both our Daughters love growing flowers.....  And Janie is the floral designer for her store, and loves it....  Our oldest lives in  Orlando and has her gardens also.....  Now THERE is where everything grows all year round!  

I grow vegetables and plants, ha!  I have Orchids in my house, and a huge variegated Pothos....  But Denver is not the climate for ferns, etc.  But I can hardly wait for the Summer!   I'll grow lots of Wave Petunias, Tomatoes, Peppers & cucumbers....  This is a picture from about 4  years ago...

This is my little "fairy" garden.... Ha! 

So I don't know if it takes "talent"..... just a love of flowers

Thinking of you Red! xooxxoxo

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2013

Wow Chevy.....stunning.....just love all your flowers.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited March 2013

Hey Red....ya gotta get betta.Ill be prayin for you.

Chevy---i thought you said your DDs got all their talent from their dad!!!!!did i read it wrong?did he plant all those beautiful flowers by your house?

• raehyg
    raehyg Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2013

I will try the ranitide thanks....Love all the

• raehyg
    raehyg Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2013

woops ...pictures

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013

Yes Rae!  Get the generic....  It's sold right by the expensive stuff.... Mine is called Ranitidine.... Take one in the morning and at night if you have to!  It really works.

Little confused Princess Granny..... My DH couldn't grow a wart much less a rose!    It was MY Dad.... and my Mom....   Ha, ha!  And they always worked with me growing my gardens when they were little.... 

Thanks Scottiee.....  I won't plant as many this year.... but I'll still have plenty....  It gets to be a job, trying to take care of them all....

Love you guys.....xoxoxoxo

• iatigger
    iatigger Member Posts: 269
    edited March 2013

Red, positive thoughts coming your way that chemo starts in and kicks the tumors to oblivion.

Chevy, love the flowers. I am so ready to plant my petunias but have to wait about a month and a half before that happens. Hopefully I get it done before my swap.

Granny, so glad you are back in posting mode, just isn't the same with Chevy talking about you with you not here. :)

• shellshine
    edited March 2013

Chevy - so beautiful.

Haku table lei I made for a friend's wedding:

photo IMG_0117_zps76680b75.jpg

photo IMG_0115_zpsdcb48b98.jpg

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    edited March 2013

Shellshine....My daughter moved to Hawaii (OAHU) 4 years ago.......I love the LEI

She got married last July on Secret Island........

When I visit her maybe we can get together

Sheila...♥

• shellshine
    edited March 2013

Sheila - I would like that.

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

OMH all the beautiful flowers, my Dad was the one who grew anything that he could and had georgeous flowers too. Chevy they are alot of work tho, u do have to love them to grow them.

Red I think of u often (((HUGS))) I pray the get a hold of tht damn area.

Granny it's nice to see u post--u'r a trooper.

I've got another bladder infection this time my pee is coming out brown--I just want u to know I have a rainbow going down the toilet--it's amazing.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    edited March 2013

Those flowers are beautiful, chevy!

Hugs to K ~

• spartygirl121
    spartygirl121 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2013

When I found out that chemo might make me infertile, I was devastated. I don't have children yet and have always wanted to have a baby...be pregnant, give birth, the whole shebang.  My oncologist said to me "If you're meant to have children, you'll have children."  WTF does that mean?  If I can't have a baby after this, does that mean I was never meant to be a mother?  STFU to him...and STFU to the people who say "well, you can just adopt then."  Yeah, I know that's an option, but it's not exactly the same thing.  I hate that response.  It's like, "Oh, they're out of blueberry muffins?  You can just get a corn muffin then."  

I also want to tell people to STFU when they tell me about their grandma, aunt, neighbor, coworker, etc., who had breast cancer and how great they're doing.  For some reason, it doesn't make me feel any better.  

STFU to my sister, who kept telling me to go out and do something when I was out of my mind with Taxol pain.   What part of "I can barely walk" don't you understand?

Oh, and stop buying me pink crap with that damn ribbon on it.

*end rant*

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2013

sparty that is the best rant I have read or heard in a long time, good for you for all your points, especially the pink crap...I agree and don't get ducky started on that......

WOW the flowers are so beautiful, love looking at them, haven't been able to smell or taste in about 4 years.....I miss smelling flowers the most, so the visual is the next best thing......your daughter is so talented....

Shiela that would be cook if you could meet up...

Granny OMg isn't it always something....just glad you are back and vent/talk for say STFU for something....go get those dentists, 30 grand, really...

Yea I am up steroids, this was my last week of 3 weeks on a week off, so next week hopefully I will feel somewhat normal whatever that is as I always say til the next week....looking forward to summer for my weeks off also....anyway been up since after my chemo nap at 1030 the usual time, and now is 352...and I took a benedryl, will speak with him when I see him next week, he has answers to questions, like did you get with the radiologist about what thing that she missed on the ct scan...the mass on my chest walll....idiiot professionals....and they give me 2 anti nausea medications within the regiment, well they don't friggin work, have to take zofran when I get home and 1 is supposed to be long action a couple of days, well the nurse told him to come over so I could talk to him, and I guess he thought I was going to ask him about the above and didn't gave me  compazine...really another pills, I take 5 a day now not inclusing the zofran....again idiot professionals.....I am done my rant in the middle of the night, no wonder I am grumpy....

whatch all doing for Easter/Holidays?

Thanks for listening!!

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Good Morning Ladies--and u'r rant are so worthy to listen to--Bondie it's so tiring adding meds and adding meds--u wonder how much u'r body can take and almost each med say dizzyness as a side effect--like u don't feel bad enough--blah

Spartygirl u sound young and I'm sorry this is all happening to u--Is there any way u can freeze u'r eggs? I've read women do that--I'm old so I don't know anything about it.

BTW Scottie I had a great time yesterday --we of course laughed like crazy and the food was great, but we laugh cuz we go early now and get home early--we used to close the restaurants now we open them LOL

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013

Oh Damn, party-girl!  I know we talk about everything off the wall, but I don't blame you!  YOU are having a hell of a time, and us gals can just talk to you and get mad at the wing-nuts that are bringing you down. 

Actually there ARE women who have gotten pregnant even AFTER chemo! 

And oh! The other day in the news, a gal was pregnant, they found cancer, and gave her chemo DURING her pregnancy... The baby was delivered perfectly!   There are sooooooooooooo many different types of chemo now....  I would maybe get another opinion about this....  Maybe that one Onco has a screw loose, and it just thinking in the last century.

Don't believe everything you hear...  YOU are different, and you have our permission to kick that Doc in the a$$ if you want!   I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but I hope so. 

And I could tell you to just take it a day at a time...  we are supposed to believe in our Docs, but they aren't ALways right.  No-one told me I would go deaf taking Tamoxifen.  But I did.  Maybe no-ones fault... but I did. 

I wish I could help you more.... I know you want babies.... I'll say a special prayer for you my friend....  (((hugs)))

Tigger, you are going to get me in trouble with little K....Ha!  I only talked about her a little.  She NEEDS that you know.  She wakes up every morning, with vodka in hand, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, and wonders what I am saying NOW!   So I have to tell her "Oh go back to sleep you little cranky-face,  take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning." Wink

Thanks Val....  Yeah, we all love flowers...  I'm working on a butterfly-garden beside my house now.... ( I mean it is still dark, but I am moving these little metal butterfly posts, an butterfly hangings to this different area...)  Dog face was looking at me like "WTH?"  (She doesn't swear, so she doesn't say WTF.)

Princess Kantalope....  (oh here we go..)

Did you say 30 THOUSAND!!!???  Good Lord!!!  What is he DOING?  Setting up wi-fi in your mouth?  Giving you diamond encrusted grills?  Just say......  Doc, you are f*****g NUTS!!!   Ask him if that includes a house on the beach...  with a lanai!  

Can't you just have the damn things pulled, and have SOMEone.... (not him) make you a beautiful plate?  Or two?   Good Lord I have never heard of such a thing....  I mean I have had my top plate for .... forever!  And it is beautiful!  I have always loved it!  So much prettier than my own actual teeth that came from SOMEwhere.   I have 8 teeth on the bottom.. but I have never missed chewing on more than one side.....  I don't push my luck...  When they go bad.... I'll have them out.

Geez, what does a gal have to do, to help you out?  If I COME there.... oh wait.... Wouldn't we have FUN?  All hell would break loose.  We could straighten up your whole world!   We would go dancin' and shopping, and drink Starbucks forever!  Ha, ha! 

Blondie... you too!  WTH?   How can you stay in a good mood with all that going on?  Love you girl....  We always have hope don't we?  We always think that THIS time it will work.  I have NO problems like you do, or a LOT of you gals... but I can just sit here and listen, and hope to make you feel better..... You want to go TP someones house?  Or maybe we could all rent a Limo, and go up to the mountains by a river, and build a camp-fire, and eat and drink.... and sing 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall.

Shell.... I remember helping my Mom and Dad make Lei's for Trader Vics.... one of Dad's account!  We had to thread all of those blooms together, and they really WERE beautiful.

Hi Camille, Rae and Scottiee....  Guess I better go shake this morning up.... xoxoxoxo 

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013

For Partygirl and Blondie....  and even Princess Kantalope...

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited March 2013

Rae.........check with your Dr........my cardiologist put me on Famodidine for reflux.....this is what he said......"you can get this over the counter, but it is expensive, so I will write a script for prescription strength, which is fine, and you won't pay anything but a co-pay......it cost me $12.00 for 90 pills.........This is generic Pecid.......same class of drugs.........just a different Pharma company.........doesn't hurt to ask........good luck....

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited March 2013

Chevy, hope your sitting down, and I will ignore the fact that you didn't say Good Morning to me..........lol..........it cost me $34,000 for my teeth, so Granny is not far off..........I had 3 dental implants in the front, and several crowns, which are very expensive, and also.......had to have a few root canals fixed that another dentist years ago f---ed up by not doing them right.......long story, but I could not use a partial plate cause that would destroy the teeth they hook it onto over time

Now, I had owned 3 partial plates, none of which I could wear......and that was for the bottom........each f/n dentist told me they had a better mousetrap for my bottom teeth........guess what on the day of the big celabration, I said "WTF, that is the same shit the other dentists made for me, that are in the drawer at home with my "hearing aids" that I can't wear......my "Progressive $500.00 eyeglasses" that I can't see out of.......and the other "2 partial plates" that I also could never use.............Holy shit, I have a person living in my bedroom dresser"...............sooooooooooooo, that is why I spent the money to get something permanent.........but then again a restaurant picked up $15,000 of the bill since it all happened because their waitress hit me in the mouth with a wooden tray she was carrying and loosened the "gorgeous crowns" I already had from when I was 18............and they had no other choice............if I went to court I could have gotten the whole amount no doubt, but lawyers fees would have eaten it all up...........so to anyone who says to me "my God your teeth are gorgeous"...........I say STFU...........

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013

Good MORNING miss Ducky!  Sorry....  But I HAVE been thinking about you.... and glad things turned out alright.

Yep, I know about your hearing aids, but not the saga going on with all those teeth in your .... where are they?  In your DRAWER?  Oh well, might as well keep them, Ha!  Yes, I would have gotten the "fancy" ones too, but my teeth were bad from the time I was a little girl....  In fact I saw the dentist so often, he used to give me 50 cents every time I went... I had way too many teeth for my mouth... I only had room for 12 on the top and the bottom.... So he had to pull lots of teeth to make room for the rest I had coming in.  Man, I had  teeth everywhere!  Even our one Daughter had to have 2 pulled out of the roof of her mouth. 

But I love my plate....  I know I couldn't afford to have all that done, that you guys do.... 

It was just so easy to have it all done when I did....   That was about 25 years ago, and I've never had any trouble with them...  !

So HI Ducky!  Good to hear from you!  It's about time....Wink xoxoxo

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2013

I agree with Chevy don't believe everything you hear....

Thanks Cam....

Chevy you are going to be in trouble you know, with princess...and now you are in trouble with Ducky.....

Have a nice day you all......bbl...have to eat and sleep, went to sleep @ 5 and got up at 930....so in and in bed as usual.