Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited March 2013

Ducky, so sorry about the loss of the boxer. We have one and know how sweet they are.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2013

Beatmon GOOD FOR YOU hahaha--- It's amazing what can be done when u hold u'r own.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2013

Beatmom......love that story......good for you.....Inhave become stronger myself since

BC....not willing to put up with the same crap anymore because life is too short.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited March 2013

Whew just got caught up on 12 pages of reading, so much has happened. If you don't mind if I hang my hat here, I'd appreciate it. Been on a break cuz I was breaking-kinda rhymes.

Ducky so very happy about your DD and so very sorry about your boxer, it never gets any easier. Hugs

Granny very glad you survived your doctors and nursing care. I feel great saddness when I read about shitty care. Thanks for the discussion on marijauna, I'll post a link at the end that I came here today to post.

Chevy glad your hands are better, so are mine. You are amazing in all aspects:)

Cami, I loved the line "I surrendered myself too much when I was young". AH what fun memories.

Red, hang in there, it will be done soon.

Beatmom thanks for sharing that lesson, will put in back of my mind for future use

Shady so so sorry about your son

Shellshine What a great story about your son. We never know how the story will change until a new chapter opens.

April 485 too bad you felt remarks were insensitive. You have no clue sweetie what this thread is about. PLease read the header and many more pages before you concluded that these women and charles are insensitive. They are tightly woven into caring about each other. You missed that some how, likely b/c you hadn't read enough. Give it another go after reading :) Sending you a PM in case you miss this :)

GMA love your pics as usual, but sorry things aren't right

Link to news story, I have to go into to get the lead line. "Grandparents smoke pot, too"

http://living.msn.com/life-inspired/the-daily-dose-blog-post?post=a0aec51e-3e0e-4b1b-a4e5-6aefdd4ac960

Loved this from the story "So many older people have come out as pot smokers, The New York Times reports, that one pro-marijuana group has launched Grannies For Grass, an affiliation of happy advocates with chapters in three Midwestern states."

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Sas---LOL Grannies or Grass --Love it.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited March 2013

Sassy, are you alright?  I know I haven't seen you around much, so I was just hoping you were okay!

Wait till princess Granny-pants sees your post, Ha, ha! 

I think Colorado has it EVERYwhere, legal or not....Wink  But hey, why not?  I mean whatever floats your boat, or whatever...... I mean, if you need to use it for pain, or head-aches, or whatever it's used for, I think we're all old enough to know what is best.

Hi April!  Welcome!  Hope you stick around for awhile with us.... 

And Beat-mon....  AND Camille!

I've been working in  our gardens, and just cleaning up Winter stuff, and getting ready for Spring!  MAN, it is a JOB!!!!  Moving flag-stone, planters, and just STUFF!  It's alright, just doing it a little every day.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited March 2013

Hey Sas...that was some articles.

ya see chevy we are not too old.lol.Im movin in with u.ha.

im behind on posting.still cannot sit too long but i do read here and there.

i know we have sistas who are in bad shap and are suffering.I wish all of you pain free days.

and everyone here know i do not have a filter!!!!never did but it just got worst.

hugggs everyone grannydukes

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited March 2013

granny, I suspect I'm not the only one who loves you in part because you don't have a filter!  Wink  I sometimes wish I could remove mine but I'm afraid it was firmly attached before I could talk.

edited to add emphasis.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited March 2013

Dear Sas - thanks so much 

April 145 - so good to have you here, we were diagnosed within a few weeks of each other. You sound a lot like me. I think your post was fine!  Sweet Sas, April is agreeing with us....that some of  our acquaintances are, well, they should just STFU. So April, you be wild and wacky, this is our guilty pleasure - I have to behave nicely everywhere else but here,

then I met  Esther, Granny, Chevy, Scottie, Cami, Beatmom, Shane, Sheila, Blessings, Charles, Moira, Sas, April, Selena, DUCKY,  Joan, RED, Rae, Val, Sparty, Iatigger, Wren, Kathi, BLONDIE, Sandcastle, Millie, Islandgirl, Tori, Chabba, JO, Juliana, M360, Cheryl, mamatwinz, scooter, Europa, Shady, Sav, Joan, Linda, Mostlymom, Tpettis, Shady, merlcat, savgig, skimom, 2doxiemom  .............crap, I need a nap already, and that's only March sisters.

Just LOVE LOVE LOVE all of you  😘

• raehyg
    raehyg Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2013

dUCKY,

I am so sorry for your loss! Its like losing a family member.

Rachel

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited March 2013

]Thanks all......we spent tonight looking at Rocky's pictures......my grandkids, son-in-law, and daughter were a wonderful family to Rocky..........he wanted for nothing, and had a wonderful life.........they tortured him dressing him up, doing crazy things with him, and he allowed it........we will all miss him terribly......he was such fun and so sweet and gentle...........your sympathy is so appreciated.......hugs to you all.......

• sas-schatzi
    edited March 2013

Chevy doin fine now. Had a problem with an ethics/moral thingy that I had to resolve, it messed with my brain a bit. Fixed now. Is that the logo for "Grannies for Grass"? 

Granny, yes maryjane is very good. Hope your girl keeps the fight up. Sounds like she really hit a nerve. Reminds me of when we got my Mom stoned in the 70"s. She was sooooo funny. Filters, yes life is better without filters!!!!

Shellshine did it sound like I was harsh to April, Yoohoo SORRY April, was trying to sound soft. May be the PM addition said it better--hope so. Too often too serious. Hope ya'll rub off on me. sassy

Forgot to say Hi! to Tori, Hey. Hope alls well :)

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

OK important stuff here--Grannies for grass or is it Grass for Grannies I already forgot but it means the same thing. I heard it really helps for nausea the best and then other things, but actually think about it it mixes with any meds u got stuck taking, it's better than liquor cuz it mixes and if u bake brownies with it u get a chocolat taste and a good feeling.

I like this whole idea now. Where do I vote???

BTW my filter has gone a while now and imagine if I start with the brownies --O my.

And Sas u'r a marshmellow, so April she's wonderful.

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013

Damn Princess!  You are starting to make sense!  Are you alright?  Wink 

So how are you now?  Did they get your plumbing all taken care of?  And what are you supposed to eat now?  My SIL had most of her colon removed, about 4? years ago, and she is back to eating normal now....  It's amazing what they can do now.... 

I'm just so PO'd about something my stupid worthless, brainless BIL said while I was talking to his wife on the phone!  It's like when I'm talking to her, she has to stop and explain what we are talking about to... HIM!  ..... THAT'S if he hasn't turned down the TV to hear our conversation better in the FIRST place.

So she asked if both my Grand-sons were still living at home, (because I said we just talked to them both the other night)... I said, no, GS#1 has been on his own "still" for over 3 years.... (damnit!)  (WTH?  She KNEW this!).....And GS#2 is still sending in resume's, looking for work, again, because that company he was working for, making big bucks, wanted him to move to Miami....and since he didn't, they let the guys go.

ANYway he is going to Yosemite, to see his buddies, staying for free with them.... before he gets another job...  SHE said,  "WOW.... living the GOOD life, right?"   Then conversation stops, so she can relay this to her A$$hole husband....  I say "Are you there?"  She said, DH "says he REALLY has it MADE!!!"......

So I say....  "Yes, SO DOES MICHAEL!!!!"   Quietly she says, "yes, I know."

This is because MICHAEL has not worked a steady job for over 20 years, has lived off of his stupid wife this whole time, while she works her ass off, driving in horrific weather back and forth to work, 5 1/2 days a week, 20 miles each way,  to support his lazy a$$! 

Sure he works 2 months out of the year, at a game processing plant, THEN he sits back and now gets his SS!  Can't be much, because he has never WORKED that much!  BUT HE has the balls to say THAT about my GS?  Who just finished FLORIDA STATE??? 

And THESE two, have filed more claims with their Home owners, Auto insurance, court cases for supposed "injury" that they have been able to pay off their house, and "live the good life."  (That's what MY DH says)......  He's easily swayed....  it's family you know.

And THIS guy brags all the time to his Brother, (my DH) about all his purchases, and makes a point to always have "a roll of cash" in his pocket. 

I just feel bad for my DH, because we have BOTH worked for all that we have, raised 2 Daughter's, and that wasn't easy.... not at all...  So I'm trying to smooth it all over with DH, saying his Brother is just a bragger, and don't pay any attention to him when he tells you about his trip to Laughlin next week, and how it's all comped.   I say STFU~!  You creepy little toad!  DAMN!  Every time he tells me what his SPONGE PANTS lazy brother says and does,  I could spit nails! 

So THIS little twerp that has a brainless wife that evidently thinks it's just fine to support his sorry a$$ just goes on her merry way!  

Just don't say a word about MY Grand-son, who finished college, and WILL move out of his Parents house.... someday!  

That sorry piece of  bat-droppings is lucky I don't say anything to HIM!  Guess we're ALL lucky!  I can just say it HERE...I CAN'T say this to anyone else...  Ha!  Okay, I'll behave.

Yes, I have a filter, but I choose to shut it off this morning....Wink At least I don't say this to "THEM."

• duckyb1
    edited March 2013

Chevy.............Problem easily solved.........he's an asshole.........she's worse for not telling him to STFU, so do yourself a favor...............GET CALLER ID...............it would be worth the money...........or better yet............you tell them both to STFU next time she calls.........trust me, they won't call again.

Your grandsons sound like good hard working boys..........oh yea, that is the "mother lion" coming out in you............Florida State.........that is fantastic........hugs girly, enjoy your Easter......

• Charles_Pelkey
    Charles_Pelkey Member Posts: 99
    edited March 2013

Okay, here's a completely off-topic question for just one member of this little community.

Camillegal, is your nickname a compilation of your name, as in "Camille gal?" That's my guess.

That said, I'm a lawyer, so every time I see it, I read it as "Cam illegal." Tongue Out

Are you a Camille or a criminal?

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited March 2013

Charles that is a good one. You know, I was thinking the same thing but never had the guts to ask. ROFL

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013

Charles.... she's both..... Ha, ha!    Yes Ducky!  I AM a "Mother Lion"..... I mean WTF does he think he is?  He never even graduated high-school.... worked off and on for all his life, till he just gave it up after jumping from one part time job to another..... He didn't want to work.... And his stupid wife just works & doesn't say a word.... 

She does SOMEtimes, but we are married to brothers, so neither one of us can say too much....

We KNOW we would walk through fire for our kids, and especially our Grand-kids.... they are just as much a part of us as our own kids....  maybe even more....Wink  And my hair just stands on end when I hear shit like that, coming from HIM! 

I've been in those two boys lives from the day they were born, till they moved to Orlando....  and that bond is something I don't even understand.  Even a phone call from them just makes me want to sing!   But thanks, I feel better now.  I can't tell my girls what he said, because they love their brainless Aunt and Uncle.... Ha!

• Chevyboy
    edited March 2013

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited March 2013

Sas--i put the article on fb GRANNY FOR GRASS...hope i dont get kicked off now.

Chevy..im makin sense...when?where was i when that happened?im still a mess.finally took a pain killer this morning for the back.

Charles---always nice to see you.

And someone pissed of my chevy!!!!bastard....ya gotta take that damn filter off and tell that piece of crap who is milkin the system to STFU.Those brainless pieces of crap are really not as dumb as you think....how many yrs are WE payin for his good life?????send him over here...ill run him over with my walker.

Ducky----sending once again healing vibes to you and all your family.We had 1 dog when the kids were small and after my X left he died of a broken heart...i promised myself i would never have another animal in my house again....too much pain and suffering.

Im goina air this body out today.gonna be in the 50s.

be back later....hugggs kantalope

• duckyb1
    edited March 2013

Granny you are right.........;it hurts deeply and hurts me more because of the loss, I was with him from a puppy....he came to the shore every summer, and was family.......then I have to watch Nikki, Sean Sr. and the 2 kids in pain, and sad, and what can you say that will help........not much.......

Then I found out this morning, my daughter-in-laws father died last night WTH.........at least he was 90+ years.........sad but my kids lost their Dad at 57.......guess its always sad no matter what the age..........

Was invited to early Easter dinner at my daughter's in-laws........wonderful people, and so much fun.....looking forward to it......I made garlic green beans, and a pound cake, which my son-in-laws sister (having the dinner) will take it and hide it upstairs in her bedroom........she is a friggin riot.........says "I'm not sharing this"..........have a great Easter all.......

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited March 2013

Chevy. Your in-laws sound just like mine. DH's BIL never worked, just played with his toys--a huge wood and welding shop where he rarely finished anything and at one point he also had 25 Shetland ponies.  The only major wood working he ever finished was a cart for the ponies to pull.  BUT, when she retired he got a job!  I've often wondered if she wishes she had retired when she was first eligible.

One time when SIL adopted a stray dog he wanted to get rid of it because "We can't afford to feed another animal."  She told him that if SHE could afford to feed his horses she could afford her dog!  She kept her dog.

Oh, and even though he still works he is still an a**. 

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Hi all---First I will answer Charles question--my name is Camille and the gal is just part of my last name--when I came on I was not original (nor am I now) with a fun or cute name-everyone takes that with a different meaning.LOL It's funny tho cuz I'm surrounded in my family by attorneys and judges and legalpeople-no one bacame a Dr. I was always upse about that, especially now LOL

Ducky another death. OMG this has been a very sad time for u'r family---I'm so sorry.

And Chevy u got a winner there, but alot of us have them in our family and that is the only time I filter, altho I have been sarcastic at times, but never really let hime have it--I's my oldest DD husband --Oh none of us can stand him and as intelligent as she is, if it weren't for her working a super job they'd ive in a 1 bedroom app't cuz he's a dopey idiot and everything they have he always says when he got this or that. It's all her effin money and he claims the rights to it. Oh please stop me cuz I literally get sick just thinking about him. Ick---but I know what u mean that's for sure.

Granny u sound pretty good, I hope u really feel that way.

Oh tomorrow is Easter, I'm supposed to go to my nieces--it's always kind of last minute actually doing some for me--but I don't know if I'll go--I purposely didn't take any pain meds last nite and today to see how I felt and this is stupid cuz I'm going to take them now.LOL But I was also gauging my infection and how it feels --still not so good I thought it would be better by now Oh well--Pain pills here I come.

But I certainly hope u all have a Happy Easter with family/friends--it's a day of Joy, or Passover.

• shellshine
    edited March 2013

Charles, about Cami, I think it might be that she could possibly have done something  crimin... er, slightly illegal in the past, but don't tell anyone "on the outside" because we love her just the way she is and will protect her fiercely if anyone even thinks of laying a finger on her.

• sas-schatzi
    edited March 2013

Chevy STFU to the appalling relatives. DS graduated from FSU in 2010, 4 undergrad and three grad, It'd be a hoot if they had people in common Will PM

Charles Feathers and clucking abound--oops wrong thread LOL

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Oh shell keeping my past hidden is my full time job--so I'm glad u have my back LOL

• sas-schatzi
    edited March 2013

OHHHH Cami love it "A PAST" we all should be so lucky, alludes to --excitement and intrigue. YES, hmm I have loved that time has hidden some of my past LOl

• shellshine
    edited March 2013

I'm sure EVERYONE who comes on this thread has "A PAST" of some sort...........😎

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2013

good one Charles but I thought it was the illegal stuff....

now you all know I love the illegal stuff and guess what it does work, IM ME DI AT ELY......before I put it down the nausea is gone, it is amazing...don't do it all the time, actually forget I have some and have had it almost 2 years, loll......oh and the person my daughters married, idiot he is, has let that stupid dd of mine support him and she is willing to do it so do't ask me for schitt and stop having babies, but anyway, he does the same  thing but talks to her while I am on the phone with her and I said when he leaves call me or tell him to STFU cause we can't have a conversation with him talking to you......Happy Holidays whatever it is....

thank you guys, so glad you are here, chemo bad this time did too much.....can't do that again, 3rd week for sure......the Ten Commandments are on, don't think I ever saw it and not watching it this time either....

have a good one!!

• lynnincolorado
    lynnincolorado Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2013

At age 61 with this new diagnosis of DCIS Stage 0, I've been telling the folks I shared the news with exactly that.  Very minor and I'm very lucky not to need chemo at this point.  Reading the stories of young women with families or anyone with more severe disease makes me very grateful.  Living in Colorado, I think it's just fine to have marijuana more available and I definitely have partaken over the years, but as I age and feel sorta dazed and confused most of the time...I'm not tempted.