Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited May 2015

I agree the cards are great, can not say that I was fast on response when folks got nosy so could have used them

• RAK1
    RAK1 Member Posts: 97
    edited May 2015

Love Robin

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited May 2015

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited May 2015

Happy Mother's Day.....Love to All!!

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

hey, can us Aunts get into the action today?  we deserve some flowers too!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited May 2015

Happy Mother's Day to Auntie Iris! xo

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

thanks April!  spent the day in mellow mode

hope you had a dandy day also

• Lucy55
    edited May 2015

PTS.. For you.!!

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

hey Lucy, thanks a lot!  hope you had a dandy day as well

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2015

My day went great till one of my sons told me they found Melanoma on his right calf..........

Surgery tomorrow........he waited till the pathology report came back to tell me..........

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

oh dear, always something but glad it has been caught and wishing positive thoughts for him

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

Thanks Proud.........

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

Oh no Ducky!! Sending hugs and prayers. Please let us know how it goes.

This is for PTS: Irises for Iris!!

Also.....

BTW They do have an Aunts Day!! Who knew???

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

why thank you for all the Aunti wishes, now in my family there was a discussion on how to pronounce Auntie?  is it like an Ant or more like Auntie....

the argument was between my former BIL from Mass and me and my Pa accent!

fortunately the pompus BIL is now a former BIL

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

hahaha PTS!

I've always pronounced it like an ant.

• Lucy55
    edited May 2015

Ducky.. Sending prayers and we'll wishes for your son..

PTS.... In Australia we pronounce Auntie as " Aren't -tee ".

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

hmmm, so we now have 3 ways, I like yours but it does sound very Australian to me!

The PA Dutch in me is very simple but do like yours

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited May 2015

Proud to Spin

It depends if you are a Haute Aunte(sp)!

I have a feeling you are NOT

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

Kathy, I was the aunti that always went biking with Ben on paths that mom said he could not go be himself or did craft projects in the basement with Torrey and made a royal mess!
    the fun auntie I like to think!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

PTS, My Dad was Dutch PA. Must be why I say it the same as you. My Mom was a New Yorker.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited May 2015

My post just vanished.

Here in NZ we mostly say Arnt-tee. It doesn't matter as it is just how it is there is no right or wrong.

How do you say dance? What about you Lucy? I say darnce my mother said daance!

Hugs Ducky. Hope all is well.

Big hugs to all

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

I've been trying to take a nap all afternoon and I keep finding things to do online. hahaha
    Ok, for sure after this post I'm going to go take some cough meds and take a nap!!

So, here is another one. My husband was raised saying ruff. I was raised saying roof. I always tell him if it's supposed to be ruff, I want some Pruff. hehe

How do you all say it???

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

roo

• Alyson
    edited May 2015

Not pronunciation but words.

What do these mean?

a rubber, a nappy, a dairy, a lift, a dunny, the bench, a duvet,a torch,the bonnet, boot, biscuit, fanny, postie, puku, to be stoked, not bad, bach, cot, kumara, togs, tea, bum, guillotine, tramp.

Lucy, you will knowmost but some are just from NZ. So don't spoil the fun this might create.Hehehehehe.

And by the way You lot have an accent - we don't.

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited May 2015

?, diaper, dairy, elevator, ?, ?, cover for a quile, flashlight, hood, trunk, cookie, ?, ?, ?, jazzed, good, ?, cot, ?, clothes, tea, butt, guillotine, tramp ????

• Lucy55
    edited May 2015

Alyson.. I say dance.. And by the way , I definitely know what a rubber is. 😃

• Maasai32
    Maasai32 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015

You have retained your sense of humor so far, so keep it at all costs!

I'm a retired psych nurse, therapist and researcher. I often found staff and so-called "normal" people were full of...stupid comments which led me to wonder whether empathy was a thing of the past.

What I do about these clowns? Sometimes I don't say anything. Sometimes I ask them if they realize what they said was insensitive. I have also simply walked away. Expect very little so you will be pleased when someone says something reasonable.

During my first real "you have breast cancer and this is the treatment" appt I took a nurse acquaintance w me to take notes and be supportive, as I knew I wouldn't hear or remember anything that day. I was cring, yelling...you know, severely regressed, but what did people expect? She took offense at something I said about religion and I had to calm her down. What? So, don't expect much, be especially kind to those who refrain from saying stupid things and as soon as I figure out how to join chat room, I'll be there to discuss. This is a really important topi

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

I guess I was one of the lucky ones........My BS was the best Dr. I have ever met....loved him from the day we met...........compassionate.....talked to me and my 6 children for 2 hours....face to face........answered questions, explained everything...........and when we were done he gave us all my alternatives........he was a Saint............he got me the best Radiation Oncologist, Mdical Oncologist, and I had the best Rads team every........I developed Lymhedema and my PT. was a cancer patient also, and was wonderful.............

The only thing that beat me up was the AI, and as of 2 weeks ago I am done with it........after 3 12 years on Letrozole took a vacation for 3 months and tried............Arimidex........worse pill ever, worse then Letrozole.........as of today with my MO's blessing and approval..........I am done with the AI's................might be a bad decision..............but my MO said........she thought my chances of recurrence were very low, and why should I suffer the way I am with the SE's of any AI...........

So wish me luck.......and if I made a bad choice, at least until the day comes if it ever does, I can have some QOL.......................Amen........

But I would never do alternative medicine as my first choice.........never........I could do that as a "go along and eat well choice", but never my choice of treatment................

• Alyson
    edited May 2015

Lucy you don' know what a rubber is here it is an eraser. Causes all sorts of fun that one.

Mostly will go through the others later. You did well.

Ducky you will be fine. Out docs here feel that we are being given too many AIs and that shorter courses would be quite sufficient.

Big hugs.

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited May 2015

Shit-Fire  (Allyson **** this is a word we use in America  in the south to express -I have messed up!)

I don't even know what an A1 is. 

I got my first prescript for Taxmoxifen two weeks ago and I have not filled it.  Just so anti drug.

and by the way can someone send me an acronym dictionary for cancer!!!!! ha ha ha

I guess right about 60 % of the time - the other 40% I provide much more intriguing interprets.