Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited May 2015

Katy there is one on BCO. Not sure where but it's a great list.

We would probably say Holy shit or just shit. I think many here swear ore than you do or use different words.

Hugs.

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited May 2015

The list of acronyms is at the top of the page, on the left side, below the larger blue bars that list the topics.

Kathy, I don't like drugs either. It was emotional for me to fill my rx, but I did. I'm willing to take this stuff to keep the cancer away. Maybe you should fill it, and give it a try. You can always stop if the side effects are too much. It's your choice and I will support you whatever you chose!

Poppy

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited May 2015
  • kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited May 2015

thanks, "bravette!"

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited May 2015

Slow.. Not too many of my tribe left. 😃

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

Lucy, Sometimes things happen in life that make people go away. I've found all we can do is wish them well and hope they come back someday soon. In the meantime, we miss them like crazy and remember the great fun we used to have together.

My Mother used to say that nothing ever stays the same. I used to take comfort in those words when things weren't going well in my life. When things were going well, those words would haunt me.

Now I try to enjoy each day as it comes and enjoy everyone around me. Then when the days get difficult, I have good memories to draw upon. I have so many good memories here on BCO, and I plan to make many more.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2015

AMEN..................

• Lucy55
    edited May 2015

Slow.. Very wise words.. I'm planning on being here on BCO to share those memories with you !!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

Lucy, YAY!!!!

• Lucy55
    edited May 2015

1am here.. Insomnia strikes again.!! Would love to take something to help.me noddle off.. but am frightened of taking any other medication with the tamoxifen...

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

"noodle off".....is that an Australian term?? I like it!!

I had a heck of a time with sleeping Lucy. Just recently my RA doctor prescribed a muscle relaxer. Oddly, it does more for me than a pain pill or anything else I've tried. I take one every night about an hour before bedtime and out I go. It's the only thing that has ever worked for me.

• Lucy55
    edited May 2015

Slow.. HaHa.. It's noddle off.. but I much prefer your ' noodle off " I love the Italian slant on it.! I need some of your muscle relaxants.. It's 3.15 am now ! I hate how my mind travels to the dark side when I can't sleep!

Ducky..How things going for you.? Any news on your grandson.?

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

Hi Lucy........nothing about Phil yet......he had a 3 day blackout which is what they call it.....no communication with anyone, but it won't be me anyway..............probably his Dad..........

Hopefully he is doing ok, I'm sure Detox was not a walk in the park........

Went to my great grandsons christening today........very nice......

• Lucy55
    edited May 2015

Any photos of the Christening Ducky?

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

I hope you have pictures to share Ducky!! Did I ever mention how much I love babies??? haha

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

Lucy, Is something on your mind that you're not sleeping - other than the obvious??

I get that way too when I can't sleep. My mind goes to too many places it shouldn't. I call it going to crazy town. Tomboy and I have had MANY conversations about crazy town. It seems we always visit there late at night when it's quiet. Once you're there, it's difficult to get away from that stinkin' town!!

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

I call it............Trying to solve all the world and family problems while I'm laying awake........

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

I've done that too Ducky.

Usually it's more about the different kinds of C that I've convinced myself I have. I think I've finally gotten a handle on it though. That muscle relaxer puts me out, so I don't even have time to think anymore. I've also mastered the fine art of distraction during the day. Yep....as long as I don't think....I'm good to go!! haha

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

This one is for Lucy

• Lucy55
    edited May 2015

Slow.. HaHa.. It's true.. I can't sleep at night , then am so dopey in the morning it's not funny.!! Yep.. It's my mind causing me havoc on the night.. problems seem so much worse.. Ugh !!

Ducky.. You summed it up perfectly.. Laying awake trying to solve all the problems in the family and the world.!! .. HaHa.. Sort of funny really .. especially seeing my brain is so scrambled lately that I'm.not capable of solving anything really !!

• Alyson
    edited May 2015

Morning all. Always have a couple of hours awake in the middle of the night. Solve all the world problems and daydream or should that be night dream. If I don't get back to sleep I get up and make a cup of tea and listen to the radio. Soon I will watch tennis as the big matches are about to start and they will be played in the middle of the night here.

Must get up and moving. Have. Meeting this morning.

Big hugs to all.

• kathy7
    edited May 2015

The middle of the night is great for stupid television.  I watched something last night called right now.  it is like American funniest videos.  Some poor bride was trashing her dress at the conclusion of her wedding and jumped off a dock.  Unfortunately, the dress ballooned over her head and she could not get her head above water.  about five people jump in and were able to pull the voluminous dress down so her head could surface.....

Was I ever that dumb........Yes, even dumber!!!!

hugs to all of you... there is always a morning, hold on.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

Ok Alyson....I'm curious. Why do they show tennis in the middle of the night?? Do people actually stay up just to watch???

Kathy, I've seen some pretty silly things late at night. But typically when I can't sleep, I always look for re-runs of Friends. I never get tired of watching that show.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2015

unfortunately yes 230 and I am up I'm talking to people I'm going to drink some milk and then lay down and watch TV I'm watching Murder She Wrote every night from 11 to like two or three or something hope you guys have a good night and I even people that are up that would be me I got up at 3 o'clock today and that's because my friend with me up 

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2015

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

GMa.....so cute...........that would be me when they said Your HELOC is being recalled.....LOL.............

• Alyson
    edited May 2015

Morning all.

Slow, people in this part of the world are very used to watching sport in the middle of the night. Last night both DH and I watched cricket live from Lords in London for several hours. Soon it will be tennis from Paris and London. Repeats are shown during the day but it's great to watch live. Since childhood we have got up to listen to or watch rugby matches. It is the problem with being twelve hours ahead of the UK. This is a sports crazy country.

It is Friday morning here now and I am having a cup of tea before getting up. Have a big meeting to attend from today until Monday and not sure how I will cope. And it's live in as well.

Will pop in at times.

Big hugs for all.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

Going to the shore either tonight or tomorrow........opening up the pool............crappy weather here today, but they said better later.......

• Lucy55
    edited May 2015

Ducky.. Yay.!! Sounds like fun is on its way.!!

So.. I went and had my hair cut yesterday.. My usual hairdresser was booked solid So I was happy to have the new girl do it... Anyhow by the time she discussed that my hair was quite coarse, and did I realize I have a double crown hiding in there , and oh my goodness a cow-lick as well.. ( as if I have could of gotten to 55! without knowing this stuff.!! ) .. I didn't leave feeling too good about myself.. HaHa..

• kathy7
    edited May 2015

lUCY,

yOU HAVE HAIR????

you've GOT IT ALL!

I HAVE WISPS................AND HOPING FOR SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY NECESSITATES A COMB