Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited May 2015

Slow.. Flesh eating bacteria ? Gosh.. What happened.??

Sounds like we all have back problems.. I get lower back pain.. Which at times goes into spasms.. So painful.. The physio says mine is actually caused by tight hamstrings.. I have a series of rolling, stretching exercises.. I honestly don't know how much they help

Ducky.. have you tried the tamoxifen? I don't seem to have too many side effects.. Some flushing (but at 55 that's normal anyway) . Oh, and did I mention I can't remember anything.??

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited May 2015

I spoke to a pal recently and told her about my dumb back , she had the same issue (guess it is common) and she sent me her stretching excercises....dang but same as mine!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2015

Lucy........it was suggested.........but I had 6 deep vein thrombosis with delivery of my children, plus another one later in life, so that was a No-NO, according to my MO.........

She said anyone who has had blood clots cannot go on Tammy..............

I swear I asked about everything......1/2 dose of the AI....was told no.

Every other day.......told NO......

Suggested Faslodex with approval because it is for late stage cancer that has metastasized.....and was not taking that route........more SE;s and some were aches, pains, and foot neuropathy............Hell I already had that.......LOL...........

So I stopped it all......taking my chancers........hell I'm 80, how much longer can I live anyway.........LOL

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2015

Thanks doing good, pain is controlled love it.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

Blondie.........I still have pain from the Arimidex I took for 3 weeks, just to try it....................wish I hadn't..........now I stopped all of it.....Letrozole as bad as bad as it was is still better the Arimidex..

SEs went away within a week of stopping the letrozole......

Still have them from stopping Arimidex and it is already a month off it........feel like shit most of the time........so so so sorry I tried it.............

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited May 2015

Blondie, I am so happy to hear your pain is under control.

Lucy, here is my story in a nutshell. In order of sequence.

Diagnosed with RA at 18...RA going crazy.....which led to heart meds....RA getting worse.....which led to Enbrel clinical trial...Turned 40 and a few months later....developed hemorrhoid...received injection...contracted flesh eating bacteria...which led to sepsis...which led to 3 surgical debridement's...which led to a colostomy...which led to almost a month in the hospital....which led to home care nursing....Foley catheter...home I.V.s....wound packing....wound vac....liquid oxy....withdrawals....reconstruction flap surgery....wound infection...more wound packing....drains from knee to upper inner thigh.....colostomy take down surgery....another wound infection....more wound packing....rehabilitation....incisional hernia. The whole process took about three years to get back on my feet (literally).

Then I turned 50 and a few months later received my BC diagnosis - almost 10 years to the day of the flesh eating bacteria diagnosis. That is the condensed version. Crazy huh?

That is why I'm so terrified of infection, needles and wounds!!

Edited to take out turning 40 twice. haha Wouldn't that make me 80??

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited May 2015

Slow Deep Breaths,

Now I know how you got your name....................that is an incredible journey.  Everytime you post you have such  happiness and optimism in your words, you truly are a survivor.

You could climb Mt. Everest, if you so choose.........

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

hahahaha Kathy!!

I'm thrilled just to be able to climb the stairs in my house!!

I've got Mt. Everest on the list for my next life, providing there is one.

• kathy7
    edited May 2015

SDB

Endurance, true endurance, not only taxes your muscles, it is in your heart and mind.  For you to have persevered through that is more than any Mt. Everest.  Glory given to overindulged, financed athletes is ridiculous..  Your grit is a lot tougher!     I am in awe~

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

That is kind of you to say Kathy. But really what other choice do we all have? I guess we can go through life angry and bitter but then we are wasting the time we do have.

Truth be told, I don't remember much of it. The awe inspiring people are my family. My DH refused to let me go into a nursing facility, and quit his job to take care of me 24/7. My DD would bathe me and wash my hair - she was 15 at the time. Without them I don't think I would be here right now. They never gave up on me.

All I wanted to do was raise my children. Everything after that has just been a bonus for me.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited May 2015

Slow. big hugs. My path is similar but different so I really know where you are at. One day I will tell it all. image

Just to add I had PT yesterday and it has really upset my back. Nearly had to go to doc as I couldn't control the pain. I have had this reaction to physio on my back before.

Dh has just brought me a cup of tea.

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

Alyson, sorry and I can sure understand the back stuff.  Guess I was lucky as my PT which I just finished up seems to have helped my issue.  I am a huge believer in my lovely heating pad (sitting on it now) and my lap pool.  Both help my stuff lots.

Hope you feel better

• Lucy55
    edited May 2015

Slow.. Omg..I cannot even begin to imagine what you've been through.. but to come out the other side with such grace and dignity..and such a caring nature for everyone , I dips my lid to you.. You are amazing !! I know you're right... to be angry and bitter doesn't help.. but I'm sure I would of been.. I am so dam ANGRY, ANGRY that this happened to you.. and then to get breast cancer is just too much.!! Ah.. but don't the truly amazing people in our lives shine when we need help.. Your hubby is a gem.. a real keeper.. and what a beautiful caring daughter.. You are blessed to have them... and I feel blessed to have you as a friend here.. Xx

• Lucy55
    edited May 2015

Slow.. I want to send you something special.. so I got you some flowers, wine and chocolate.. ( all the things that I love.!! )

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

I'm sorry to hear about the PT hurting you Alyson. I hope you get some pain relief soon. Gentle hugs.

PTS, Excuse my ignorance, but what is a lap pool? Is that a pool you do laps in, or something you put on your lap?
    They don't call me slow for nuthin'.

Lucy, Thank you so much. You are a sweetheart!! P.S. I sent you a mushy PM. haha

Between PTS's brandy and your wine, I'll be dancing the tables pretty soon!!

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

there you go, brandy and wine.....we won't care two licks about anything

Yeap lap pool is one you can do laps in.  I grew up in a small PA town with a pool (lap size) and I really like to do my laps.  Actually two women at my gym have taken swimming lessons at the gym and told the director they wanted to swim like that lady(as in me)

big complement but it is also so relaxing and so good for all sorts of achies!

when I joined my gym years ago, I chose it based on if the pool was available for labs

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

To the lady who endured so much, and still smiles through it all.........love you...Our Slow..........image

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2015

SLOW u r so awesome, big hugs

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

Love you Ducky.If having some bad luck and crappy genes make me awesome, I guess I'll take it! haha

I think all of you are awesome and I thank you all for making each day a little easier knowing you are all here to lean on. I've learned so much from so many here on BCO. I've enjoyed throwing bad things in the fire, the great funny stories we have all told, and the special parties we've had recently every month.

and Blondie, you are my hero every day. It doesn't get more awesome than you my friend. Thank you.

Ok, let's change the subject now....I'm getting way too sentimental and mushy tonight.

Anyone have any good jokes???

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

ok, so we need some good/bad/stupid jokes it seems!  My BP used to go sky high at the cancer center so I told the techs to tell me some stupid jokes, sort of like the ones my 6 year old nephew used to tell me!!!  no more sloshie thoughts here

• kathy7
    edited May 2015

SDB

I think those are narrow pools, with water rushing at you, so you can swim in place and do laps without moving.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

hahaha PTS. Kids just tell you like it is.

Narrow pools with water rushing at you? Sounds like a waterfall.

I really wish my house was self cleaning....like an oven.

Hope you all have a pain free day.

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

goodness, for a time we thought my nephew Torrey would either be a baseball player or a cartoonist.  He made some crazy little carton creatures....Pokimon feet with Sadahm Housein head!  He and a pal had a web site with these little creatures.  He actually had a bunch of hits on it!

• kathy7
    edited May 2015

So, I think they should build houses with little windows or weep holes on the floor that you would just open up and than you get a big leaf blower and blow all the dirt out in a few seconds.  Yes, you probably have to glue vases to the top of your table and make other adjustments for the great force.  But, if it isn't put away, just blow it out of the house and if someone really wants it, they can retrieve it.  I know this will be big soon, and I won't see a dime for my creative mind..............so many ideas............

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

PTS, How clever. You never know when something like that could take off. Especially now with things going viral. My nephews son has been drawing since he was a kid. Really great drawings. Now that he is grown, he is a tattoo artist. He makes a ton of money and he is only in his early 20's. You just never know.

Kathy, I hope you remember us little people when your ideas start taking off!!

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

Slow, sounds like a good idea for me to pass on to nephew~~he is a bit off center these days so maybe this would help to get him focused~

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

It's nice when they finally find something that interests them. It's fun to watch them blossom when they've struggled in the past.

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

nephew needs to stay away from the influences of his dang overbearing father, he is trying and he does have a very nice girl friend now so one point is set

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

Well my grandson has finally decided or to use his words.........."sparked an interest" in what hw might consider doing as his interest major in college which will be deciding soon, since he is a Jr. right now........

Smart kid 4.0 GPA........top of his class, knows he needs to get serious about his choices, but when it is discussed he says "I'm gonna take my shower now"......LOL.

Well he told me the other night he is considering "Pharmacy"...............he like the idea of going to "Nursing School", but says "Nan this is a lot of stigma on Male Nurses.................

Of course I gave him "what for", and said "years ago, Sean it was....not now"...........

Says he would like to be a Nurse Anestatist, but I said "OK, that means 4 years of nursing to start, and then a couple years of Specialy nursing..........which still makes you a Nurse.........he smiled...

Loves the sciences.......says he wants to find a cure for cancer.................

imageLove this kid.......this is Sean........Love to put a face to the person.....

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

well he seems to be close enough to a choice so let him be and he will settle in!  and he is a good looking dude