Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2015

Lucy..........screw her and the horse she rode in on................moron............

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

If you don't hear from me.......till Friday sometime its because the WIFI is not hooked up yet........

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited May 2015

ducky, just back from a visit to Cape May, it was damp today but yesterday was great

hope it clears for you

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited May 2015

Blondie, I hope you were able to get some rest.

Alyson, I think that would be fun waking up in the middle of the night to watch a sporting event. When you can't sleep here in the States, mostly all that is on is informercials.

Ducky, I love how you get to the point. "screw her and the horse she rode in on................moronI" hahahahaha. You always give me a good laugh. Hope you have a good time at the shore. Don't forget to take pictures!!

Lucy, how terribly annoying. I think your hair is beautiful.....just like you. I also had a haircut yesterday. I think it's my fourth since it started growing back. I had my grays colored too. I was looking like a skunk.

hahaha GMA.....love it!!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

I know many of you have been having iPad problems. Not sure if you've seen this post from the Mods. Thought I would copy and paste here in case you missed it.

We have an iPad typing issue solution!!

iPad users who know they have issues typing with the rich text editor; tap the "Use plain text editor" link before you start to type a post -- the link is located at the bottom right of the post text field, next to the Preview and Submit buttons. This will turn the rich text editor into a plain text box, which does not have any formatting options (e.g. bold, italic), but should be faster.

Unfortunately, clicking this link and toggling to a plain text box will not permanently keep this as your default setting -- at this time, you'll have to tap the link each time you want to post. This is only meant as an interim fix -- unfortunately, a permanent fix will require money and time. Hopefully, we'll be able to implement a permanent fix in the future, but this should work for those having trouble in the time-being.

We hope this helps, and please let us know if you have any questions or trouble using this new feature!

--The Mods
  • kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited May 2015

I think I am coming east this summer.  My brother rented a house on chicoteague (sp?). I have two older boys who are probably working, but I think my 13 year old and I are going to go.  I am excited.  It has been years since I have been east, like 18 years.  And this is a great brother,  Actually, I love all my brothers.  I am blessed.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015
    Ok, trying this hope it helps........
  • duckyb1
    edited May 2015

Not going to the shore till tomorrow..........I swear I am freezing my ass off in this house...I am ready to turn the heat back on.........i can't imagine what it must be like down the shore........always colder down there...........so I will be on for the rest of the night ladies....you can't get rid of me that easily.LO

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2015

U r kath, i know where that is.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

kathy, May I ask where you live now?
    Like you, I haven't been east for a very long time. We moved to CA in the late 70's.

hahaha Ducky! We would NEVER want to get rid of you!! Safe travels to the shore.

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited May 2015

Slow.. HaHa.. No.. You could never, ever look like a skunk!! 😃 You always look lovely. !! HaHa ..The expression tickles my fancy because coming from Australia the only skunk I "know " is Pepe Le Pew :-) ...Actually before my hair cut I was thinking I resembled Crusty the Clown 😊

Ducky ..HaHa ..Too funny ...I. can't wait to try and fit that comment about the woman and her horse into conversation somewhere ..think I try it out on my kids for good shock value :-) I hope you have a lovely time away

Kath ...your summer holiday plans with your brother sound fun !!

Blondie ..Hi ..will catch up with you later on the insomniacs thread !!

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited May 2015

SDB

in Arizona- ugh!

• blondiex46
    edited May 2015

K

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

Opened the pool........and the house........gorgeous weekend...........imageimage

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

Kathy, My DH and I stayed in Sedona about four years ago. It's so pretty there with all that red rock.

Ducky, your pool looks inviting, as always! I hope you're having a good weekend with your family.

Lucy, I loved Pepe Le Pew!! I used to do a very good imitation of him when I was younger!!

Blondie.....HI!!!!

We went to my DD's today and went shopping. Been working on our backyard this weekend. We tore out all the grass right before I was diagnosed and we are finally working on it again. We are putting down pavers in an attempt to conserve on water. It sure is a lot of work. We hired someone to finish the job. lol .....It's WAY more work than we anticipated.

• Lucy55
    edited May 2015

Ducky..how beautiful your pool looks.. Hope up are having a lovely time away with the family.!

Slow.. Yep.. Those Do -It- Yourself garden make-overs aren't as easy as they look on T.V.. Good idea to hire someone to help.. When it comes to those jobs I'm excellent at giving directions, but dam useless at actually doing anything constructive.! 😃

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

yeap, I am like Slow, had someone yesterday put down mulch and plant a couple of herbs.  My yard is a postage stamp but I still need help on it, no green fingers here

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

Lucy........back home today.....left there 7am...wanted to avoid the traffic tonight.....all we did was clean the entire weekend........and I mean clean...it took my daughter on Friday.the entire day to just do the upstairs, and I can only do so much.........then on Saturday her daughter came down, and she did the entire dining room, and family room......this is moving furnitre, baseboard, big heavy cleaning.....windows, screens.....all this while my son in law was opening up the pool, and that is a massive job......I felt so baad for my daughter she could barely walk up the steps to bed.
    She has thyroid problems which has cause "frozen shoulder", and has aches and pains in her legs and feet......not fair that you have a couple people come down to help, and when the work is done the others show up.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

Welcome home Ducky! Sounds like a lot of work. I'm so glad you had help. The pool looks very inviting!!

PTS, I love gardening but my body doesn't love it so much anymore. I did as much as I could, which wasn't much. My husband was doing most of the work. He has a bad back so I'm glad he finally agreed to hire someone to finish up.

Lucy, that is SO true. They make it look so easy on TV!!

Just my DH and I today. We are going to have a BBQ. DS is in Ohio visiting a childhood friend, and my DD didn't want to deal with the awful holiday traffic. We spent the day with her yesterday.

Hope you all have a good day.

• Lucy55
    edited May 2015

Ducky.. Wow.. Sounds like a massive job getting the house back into order. It's amazing how much dust can get into a totally locked up house ! Yep.. always the way.. The same people get in and do the work.. and everyone else reaps the rewards.. !! I feel sorry for your daughter having the frozen shoulder. How long has she had it? I have a friend who had it , and it was awful for her.

Slow.. Hope you enjoy your BBQ.. My daughter and her family are coming for lunch today and I'm preparing a strange mixture of a meal.. BBQ-ing steak, making a gnocchi bake, and garden salad.. The gnocchi receipe is so easy and morish and fattening.!! Base is cream, sundried pesto, chargrilled peppers and baby spinach.. Add gnocchi, then into a dish and a heap of parmasean cheese on top.!

PTS.. I'd sooner get someone in to help too.. I love gardens, quite enjoy mowing the lawn, but I hate digging , and shovelling.. It's too hard on my back and I hate dirt under my nails.!

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

I am finally recovering from 5 months of a shitty back issue and when I asked my PT person if I could do gardening she said not yet

so who am I to argue with her~~sides my gal needs the extra money so we work out together

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015
    Lucy.....she has hypothyroidisim........that causes frozen shoulder......first it was the right,, now it is the left......and when this girl cleans, she cleans.......its just not fair, so I am seriously thinking of selling it after this year..........I can't let everyone else do the work..........
    She also has other issues........she is a Director in a Big Pharma company in Philadelhia, and her work ethic is amazing, so she does way more then is expected.....understand she gets paid an amazing salary, but she givew much more then she gets..........I just can't have her and my SIL doing it all........and others think its ok to just come down and park and then leave..........
  • SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

Lucy....I would love that gnocchi recipe!! It sounds soooo good.

PTS, good thinking....we certainly don't want to argue with our doctors when it's something in our favor!! haha
    Back problems can be so painful. I have RA in my neck, but it never affected my lower back.
    Now they tell me I have bulging discs. I don't know if it was from chemo or not.
    Did you have problems before treatment?

Ducky, your daughter is a sweetheart for helping when she is in so much pain herself.

• blondiex46
    edited May 2015

Hey sloe

Yay ducky

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015
    Hi Blondie.....hope your feeling better today................shore was nice.....but like I said "work"......but my daughter, SIL, grandaughter and her fiance broke their butts to get it perfect.......could never have done it without them....................Maybe it is time to sell..............my daughter and SIL can't continue to do it all alone....... will give it a lot of thought this season......
  • proudtospin
    edited May 2015

Slow, do not think my stupid back is caused by the meds.  I hurt my back moving furniture in my 30s and have managed it over the years with yoga and exercise (my old trainer could stretch me and fix me up!)  In Dec a new trainer had me use some equipment that I should not have been using so and I ended up doing physical therapy, took me months to get it fixed up so I am listening to the therapist!  The xray said I had degenerative disk disease which is a polite way of saying I have an old back!

got some great stretches if you need them!  but swimming helps hugely

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

PTS, I am always open to suggestions for new exercises.

I don't go in a pool anymore....or a bath. After getting flesh eating bacteria I am paranoid as can be.

Hi Blondie, good to see you. How are you feeling?

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

slow, let me see if I can figure a way to send the stretches I got, I am hooked on doing them every morn and night

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

Thanks PTS.

I went through physical therapy and they gave me a ton of arm exercises to get back my range of motion. They didn't give me anything for lower back problems though. I guess they were only able to work on one body part at a time.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015
    Slow........I have done acupuncture.........it is the best........I have a chinese woman who is with the University of Pa. Hospital, but was schooled in Shanghai, China............she is amazing...........my 2 daughters and SIL also went to her........so clean, and everything is sterile.....no worries about infection or cleanliness........she got rid of my back pain, and neck pain......I was surprised........
    I need to go back to her now.......I am sore all ove, but its been a long time since I have been to her.........1 maybe 2 visits and I will be good again.......especailly with all the SE's I have left over from trying the friggin Arimidex..............never should have done that.......I still have the SEs and have been off it for 1 months, and only took it for 21 days.......what an ass.........should have let well enough alone.