Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited May 2015

PTS, a good GF can make all the difference in the world. Especially if she knows what she wants to do and can help him reach his potential. It must be so hard for you being his Aunt and having to watch from the sidelines. I am very close to my nieces and nephews and in my mind they are like my own kids.

I feel like boys struggle a bit more than girls. At least that has been my experience. My DD knew what she wanted to do since grade school. My DS really struggled and has just recently moved out of our home, and has a steady full-time job with benefits. Getting him to go to college was like pulling teeth - he hated school. He started and never finished. I had to back-off because in the end, it's his life and he has to live with his own choices. He is a smart boy and I know he will do well. It just may take a little longer wihout a degree.

Ducky, my DD's friend is a pharmacist. He has come out of it with so much student debt who knows when he will ever be able to pay it back. Now he decided to go to medical school - more debt on top of the huge debt he already has. He will probably be paying for the rest of his life.

It would be very nice if he found the cure for cancer. But, I'd prefer not to wait until he finishes medical school. hahaha We need it now!!!

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited May 2015

yeah it is hard to see my nephews struggle but the are making headway

now regarding the cure for cancer, got better chance with my old personal trainer, his degree is in physical therapy for cancer survivors.  He has a bunch of degrees and currently working on a PHD in cancer therapy or some such deal. He is beyond doing personal training now so I miss him a lot!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2015

I wish he woul go into nursing........my grandaughter did, and she works at Children's Hospital of Phila......has a great job in the Neo-natal intensive care unit......loves her job......

There is plenty fall back on with a nursing degree......so many opportunities......but I must remember.......its his choice.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

My Mom used to say, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2015

Hey there peeps, ready 4 the weekend? 

Xoxoxoxo Slow

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

Hi Blondie - I will be making homemade ravioli and freezing it this weekend for the BCO girls coming in a few weeks. That should take up most of the weekend. How about you? Great big hugs to you!!

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited May 2015

Ducky.. Sean is s very handsome, clever young man.. You have every reason to be proud of him.!!

Slow.. I want to come for home made ravioli too !! No one is allowed to talk about the BCO get-to-gether because I am pea-green with envy.!! Both my son and his wife are pharmacists , and they said their universities fee debt is more than their home loan.!! A university degree isn't the necessarily the bees knees ( or penguins knees :-) ) , and I'm sure your son will be have a great future.!

Blondie.. Hope you have a good weekend !! My sister is coming to stay with us for a couple of days.

PTS.. I hope everything works out for your nephew.!!

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015
    My weekend..................probably going to the shore.........the pool needs tending too, and trust me as gorgeous and inviting as it looks.............it is a PITA...............reason being, I have to depend on my 1 daugher and her husband to do what has to be done, .........and I feel bad about it.

So everytime someone thinks I'm so lucky..think again.......being close to 2 hours away from the pool is not easy...........when my husband was alive it was a piece of cake.............we would go down every weekend ..........all winter (had a great fireplace to snuggle up to)................and every weekend all summer................so it was our "baby" no one elses.......................after he died my SIL took over the job, and my younger daughter and her husband did their part too..............the rest of the kids "NO"...........
    Now will Stella and her seizures my younger daughter cannot go down, always fearing she could have a seizure in the car......plus no 24 hour Vet near our town......
    So that leaves it all up to my daughrer Michele..................she gets frustrated........(can't blame her).....................I would gladly hire a pool service to do this "check" every week, but you never can trust them since your not there to see if they actually come, or what they do when they are there...........or if they are "fly by night people) or if they "love their job".

Ok, there I go rambling again.........anyway as far as I know when I asked my daughter if she was going to the shore this weekend........she sent me a message saying "saturday"........not sure if it is down and back........or if it overnight come back Sunday..............so honestly "IT IS TIME TO SELL"

Blondie hope your feelling good girlfriend..........think of you often........you take care of yourself.........hugs..........
  • duckyb1
    edited May 2015

I always like to put a face to the name...............This is my daughter Michele she is the middle of the 3 girls.....image

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

This is Nikki.....my younger daughter....they have been the ones helping me for years with the shore house .image

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

Ducky, you have great looking family!

You know, I have 3 nephews, all were sort of late bloomers! The oldest is a nurse now at Lancaster Gen and his wife is a massage LE therapist at the same hospital.  So the other two, they just need to meet the right person and get their act in gear.  I believe they will.  I would never have thought that the oldest one would have turned out to be a great nurse as he always said he wanted to be a chef (and he does make a wicked good Stromboli!)

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

Nikki is also Stella's dog Mommy .............

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited May 2015

SDB, Ravioli................mmmmmm.  my frosted flakes just did not do it for me this morning.

DUCKY,  How many acronmyns do you know?  PITA?  really.... I was trying to figure out what the ethical treatment of animals has to do with your pool?    and than  it dawned on me.  I have to reread these posts early in the am. 

Blondie,  Hopefully at this time tomorrow, I will still be asleep or watching hummingbirds.  For some reason this year, they have found our house and our feeder, nothing better than a good cup of coffee, a muffin, maybe some left over ravioli (SDB?????) and my little porch.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

Kath...........PITA............nice way of saying ......Pain in the Ass..............

• kathy7
    edited May 2015

Ducky, I know, I figured PITA out, and laughed.....because my mind goes diffrent places based on my work............You guys drive me crazy with acronyms.  ..................I am slllllllllllllllllooow!    I am what you call acronym challenged and receive a small disability payment from the government to help me get through the day.

• Lucy55
    edited May 2015

Ducky.. Michele and Nicky are both beautiful..and Nick's hubby is extremely easy on the eye as well..!! 😃

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

..imageThis is my son Michael

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

WOW. You've all been chatting away while I'm in slumber land.

Lucy, come on down....oh wait...wouldn't that be up?? I'm geographically challenged. If you ever come to the States, I will make you homemade ravioli.

PTS, As long as my kids are happy and can take care of themselves, I'm good with that. Life is way too short to be doing something you hate. I'm thinking I need one of those fabulous personal trainers you seem to find. I bet you are in great shape. Stromboli is making me very hungry.

Ducky, If you're the rambler than I'm the ramblest. haha....Not sure if that is a word. We can ramble together. Thanks for sharing your pictures. I always love to see family pictures of everyone.

Kathy, hahahahaha....I love frosted flakes! Come to think of it there isn't much I don't love. Evidenced by the size of my expanding waistline. I've always been pretty thin. After chemo treatment I just went crazy craving things I never even liked before.

I did check in to sending Blondie some ravioli and sauce through the mail. It can be done but they don't guarantee that it won't defrost. It would be just my luck that I'd give her food poisoning....something she doesn't need right now.

and Kathy.....how can you be slow when I'm slow??? Very confusing. hehe

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

imageThis is Gene

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

imageThis is Vince

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

So that is my 3 sons....................

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

Slow, actually not in good shape but trying all the time.  Currently on the look out for a new trainer but have my eye on one tall dark and thin one at the gym!  the last trainer was not so good as she messed up my back and just getting it back online~~

lordie does ducky have a good lucking family!

• Lucy55
    edited May 2015

Ducky.. M y goodness.. All three look like movie stars !! I love the photo of you and Vince!

Slow... I'm extremely Slow too.. So , maybe you can be Slow, Kathy can be Very Slow, and I can be Slowest.?? Yeah.. I'm from The Land Down Under.. So one day I will come on UP to your place, and there will be a knock on your door and I'll be wanting that home made ravioli !! 😃

PTS ..Wow you are so good with your exercise ..a leisurely walk admiring the neighbour's gardens is about as strenuous as it gets for me !

• proudtospin
    edited May 2015

Lucy, trying all the time, some days good and some not and sure not doing as much as prior to all this shit stuff.  It sort of snuck up on me and slammed me in the head!  Trying some supplements now for arthritis in my feet and legs, hoping it gets better soon

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

I know, right? They've all been hit with the good looking stick.

hahahaha PTS....tall, dark and thin. I think you should interview each one - extensively.

Lucy, I like it. The many faces of slow. You are welcome any time, but please give me a little notice so I can clean my house!! None of this knocking on my door stuff. haha

We get so many solicitors where I live. I have a sign on my front door saying: no solicitors - we don't open our door to strangers. Very welcoming don't ya think? I got so tired of being upstairs and having my doorbell ring. It takes a lot of effort for me to get down those stairs.

My exercise these days consists of holding the fork in my hand, and moving it from my plate to my mouth.

EFT

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015

Hey ladies............can I be.............STOP....................lol.............

• kathy7
    edited May 2015

ducky... Really handsome sons.  I have three sons also, no girls.  Girls are not allowed in the house, they just fall in the toilet.  Which is generally pretty gross.  Everyone says boys are easier...................................................................................................,waiting for the easy part.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2015
    Kath..........love the fall in the toilet.

Last weeken my gradaughter's fiance came to the shore with us...............I don't know how many times I went in the bathroom and the seat was up..............I told him "Kyle the next time you leave that seat up, I am stuffing your head in the open hole.............

Trust me if he did that in the middle of the night, it would be a disaster.......

I never put the light on in the bathroom when I go in the middle of the night.......if that seat was up, I would fall ass first into the toilet bowl, and trust me...............I would not be able to get back out...........and that is the truth.......between the bad knee, the bad shoulders to boost myself, and the slipperty tile floor....................LOL

They would find my sorry ass in the toilet bowl in the morning..........
  • kathy7
    edited May 2015

That reminds me there is a movie/real life(????)  where they find someone in the toilet drowned ............, but it was reported they died a more glamorous way.   I'll have to think about that this weekend and report back.

That is another cleaning idea, a large fire hose in the bathroom, to blow everything out!!!! so many ideas,....

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

Life Alert!! I've fallen and I can't get OUT!!