Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Stage 2 Sisters Club

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,589
    edited April 2015

Heart

Start the party now, and let's keep it going through June (and beyond....)!

• hopeful82014
    hopeful82014 Member Posts: 887
    edited April 2015

Sounds good to me, Ruth!

• U4iachic
    U4iachic Member Posts: 50
    edited April 2015

congratulations!!!!

• mjsgumbas
    mjsgumbas Member Posts: 323
    edited April 2015

Thank you Nisa!!! It's been a crazy journey that I couldn't have done without your love, hugs & support! A big thank you to Ruth as well ... You have been a true inspiration and great friend thru all of this and always provided positive support.

I too am very thankful for this forum. It is great to have somewhere to share & sisters to lean on!!!

Hugs to all still in active treatment and to those just entering this journey. Know that you are not alone and there is always someone here to hold your hand Hug

Thank you all again!!

Mary Jan

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,258
    edited April 2015

Congrats to the anniversary ladies - here's to many more!

• runningcello
    runningcello Member Posts: 101
    edited April 2015

congrats!!! Anniversaries are great to look forward too! Hoping for decades of more of those for you ladies

• ruthbru
    edited April 2015

Congratulations, Mary Jan! The one pure gold lining of this is the meeting super-awesome friends you would never have met under any other circumstances. Life is strange!

• 6doggies
    6doggies Member Posts: 66
    edited April 2015

NisaVilla, that is awesome!! Congratulations to you both and big hugs from Ohio!!

• ruthbru
    edited April 2015

I 'passed' my yearly oncology checkup today; so I am officially still in the clear, happy and grateful, 8 years out!

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited April 2015

Congratulations, Ruth! That is the best news!

• Nomatterwhat
    Nomatterwhat Member Posts: 210
    edited April 2015

Fantastic news Ruth!!!! 

• ruthbru
    edited April 2015

Thank you. I am good almost all the time, but have never lost that feeling of pure panic before appointments. Iit is a very good thing to be done with......bringing the blood pressure back down to normal. Whew!

• hopeful82014
    edited April 2015

So happy to hear that, Ruth! Go do some happy dancing to work off the accumulated stress ;)

• ruthbru
    edited April 2015

I went to my Zumba class when I got home....so did my happy dancing & am now looking forward to good night's sleep! Medicating

• thinkingpositive
    thinkingpositive Member Posts: 564
    edited April 2015

Congratulations Ruthbru!!!! Thats great.

• hopeful82014
    edited April 2015

You get extra points for efficiency, Ruth - happy dancing while working out ;)

• NisaVilla
    NisaVilla Member Posts: 505
    edited April 2015

Ruth - HOORAY and happy-hugs from CA!! Sending great weather to you first thing in the morning so you can have another happy dance, but this time in a bikini in the backyard LOL. Wow, 8 years - lucky girl! Is there anyone on this forum you have known since?

Everyone - thank you for greetings for my 2nd cancerversary Heart

• mjsgumbas
    mjsgumbas Member Posts: 323
    edited April 2015

Awesome news Ruth!!!  Congrats!  Glad you got to do some "happy dancing" and the BP is back to normal.  Celebrate!!!!!

• ruthbru
    edited April 2015

I celebrate every day, really I do; because I know how lucky I am!

Nisa, I didn't get active on the forums until about 2 years out from my diagnosis. A friend told me about BCO right away and I got a lot of information from the home pages, but on the forums I found myself gravitating to the 'worse case scenario', 'terrible side effects' threads, which I did not need....I knew what I had to do and just needed to do it. Later on, of course, I came to love this part of BCO (and along with getting support and companionship, I felt I could maybe be a counter to some of the scary/negative posts). I 'know' lots of ladies from back then. Some people just come for a specific time of their lives, but others, like me,  around. Lots of the fun & game thread ladies, exercise thread ladies (Badger, hbcheryl, patoo & I started doing those summer get-togethers 5 years ago), and others are 'old timers'. Smile 

• farmerjo
    farmerjo Member Posts: 239
    edited April 2015

Congratulations, Ruth!SmileSo happy for you!

I love Zumba!

• fralaliso
    fralaliso Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2015

Congrats Ruth! That's quite a milestone. So uplifting to read.

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,258
    edited April 2015

Yay Ruth!

• ruthbru
    edited April 2015

Thanks, ladies! Heart

• SoLinda
    SoLinda Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2015

Ruth, I also want to add my congratulations on your great news to the list! Thanks for always being so positive and helpful!!! Amazonian hugs XXX

• 6doggies
    6doggies Member Posts: 66
    edited April 2015

Hi Ruth and congratulations!!  That is awesome and inspirational for us ladies still in treatment!! :)  Keep doing what your doing because it is working!!

• ruthbru
    edited April 2015

My secret: I did Arimidex for 5 years as prescribed, EXERCISE religiously (THE biggest non-medical thing we can do to minimize the rik of recurrence...plus lowers the risk of a lot of other health problems), keep my weight in the 'normal' range, eat semi-healthy, take a daily baby aspirin, do fun & interesting things......that's it! Happy

• hopeful82014
    edited April 2015

I'm seeing enough research on coffee consumption reducing the risk of recurrence that I'm trying to start drinking it again. Apparently 2-4 cups a day makes a difference...

• ruthbru
    edited May 2015

Since I love my coffee, I will agree with that research! ThumbsUp

• ruthbru
    edited May 2015

The other thing I do is eat a serving of dried plums (prunes) every day for bone health....prunes actually BUILD bones!

• bc101
    bc101 Member Posts: 923
    edited May 2015

Ruth - congratulations!!! Those are all good things you listed. I'm starting to exercise regularly for the first time in my life and am trying to lose weight.

Just curious - what kind of tests or imaging does your doc do during your follow ups?