Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited October 2013

Oh Teri, I became so involved in the Adventures of Deuce that I failed to notice I had jumped in on a Stage IV thread. My apologies. I wish you well and that Deuce continues to entertain everyone, especially you. Jan

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited October 2013

Morning Teri!!! Oh what beautiful day here! Sun is out, clear azure blue sky and a gentle breeze.......perfect!

Hope your day was just as perfect and you are warm and comfy.

Oh! No news on that wayward goat! I keep looking but no goat!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited October 2013

Good morning Teri! I have been keeping a close eye on the neighboring farm as they have a goat in with their cattle. I have not yet seen any sign that Deuce may be keeping it company though.

I am in for a busy day today - set up and prep for a fundraiser that I am holding this evening in support of mbc. It will be fun as well as educational. All proceeds going to Metavivor. I will be thinking of all of my bco sisters this evening. This one's for all of you!

I hope your day is filled with good things! Sending you smiles and hugs.

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2013

Good morning, Teri--

I've been hoping to spot Deuce munching on some late-season kudzu here in the Atlanta area. I've read that goats have been used to help keep this crazy invasive vine under control (it can grow 1 foot in a day!). No luck so far-- he must have a more refined palate than his southern cousins.

I'll be heading to the annual Scottish Highland Games with my DS and DD tomorrow. My sister and parents will be there, too. It's an annual tradition for us to go and celebrate our Scottish heritage, listen to bagpipe bands, eat some traditional food (translated "delicious and not at all healthy"), and see lots of friends. Not to mention all the men in kilts!!! I'll check on the animal displays and see if Deuce has decided that tartan will be his new disguise.

Hoping you have a relaxing day with some fall sunshine, no pain and no worries. Sending hugs your way!

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited October 2013

Well, no Deuce on my Hollywood visit. But I suspect he may have been in disguise:) Really hope you're able to enjoy the cooler autumn weather, Teri. It must be lovely in Oregon. Thinking of you...

Rose.

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited October 2013

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting lately. Have been feeling a little puny and weak and so have been giving in to my lazy side.

My friend Richard thinks he glimpsed Deuce over at the neighbor's junk yard a couple of times last week so maybe his truck broke down and he had to get some parts for it. Or, since he has no money, he's probably stealing old gas out of the gas tanks of the wrecked cars. Either way it's just like him to steal! Bad Deuce-Goat!

Hope everyone is feeling good this evening. I am having perfect weather this week. Sunny and in the 70's. Makes it worthwhile living in the Pacific Northwest.

Teri

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

Morning Teri!!! So glad you have been able to post! It really is lovely when we hear from you. Resting is good, so don't worry about that. So happy that there has been 'a sighting' of our wayward boy.........maybe he is stealing gas so he can continue his ramblings.........lol.

Enjoy what you can of the Autumn weather!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited October 2013

Teri,

Planning to visit to a goat farm in Pescadero, CA tomorrow. My SIL says they make the best goat cheese in the world, however as much as I love goat cheese, my mission is to look for that renegade, Deuce. I fear that his cunning ways will have him blending in with herd, but I'll do my best!

Caryn

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2013

Good to hear from you Teri. Feel better sweety

Donna

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited October 2013

Great to hear from you, Teri! Deuce is a bad boy, no doubt about that. But I think that's why we love him! He's not content to follow the herd. Well, maybe as Caryn said, when he needs to disguise himself and blend in...

Oregon really is so beautiful. The weather sounds perfect, and I hope you're able to soak up some autumn sun. Rest and relax... we've obviously got the Deuce-goat search party scattered far and wide:)

Rose.

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    edited October 2013

Hi Teri, I have been searching all around Simi Valley, Ca. for Himself, but as yet he eludes me! someone told me they saw a goat at The Romald Reagan Presidential Library, but although I checked it out very carefully, he was not there. someone else insisted a goat HAD been there, so I suspect I narrowly missed him. He is one crafty goat,

Glad the migraine is gone. Hope you are feeling better now. I know you have been having a rough patch. Please take care of yourself. thinking of you....

• DC197
    DC197 Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2013

Teri,

I think of you often and was happy to see a post from you. I really like your anecdotes about Deuce. I picture him stealth-fully sneaking around that junk yard trying to get some treasures to sell. Has anyone checked the pawn shops in the area? He may have disguised himself as an old Asian man with a pointy hat and goatee.

I hope that sun is shining brightly on you and you are able to relax and be pain-free.

(((Hugs)))

Diane

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited October 2013

Teri, good to hear from you. I love hearing about you and Deuce! He really is a naughty goat and we love to cheer for the naughty ones. Glad the weather has been beautiful and hope you are enjoying some of your time outdoors.

Michele

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited October 2013

Teri, good morning! when you are feeling puny and weak, know that we are still here for you every day; we don't expect you to post every day but are delighted when you have enough energy to do so. I have had many days when I might read only or not even log on, but we have all had days like that.

As far as Deuce - well, I have my entire family watching for him, especially if he is stealing gas and traveling in a junk-yard truck! So far he has not been sighted in Omaha NB or central IA or central IL or central TN or northern GA, but we will keep looking. Maybe he will get a speeding ticket and we can trace him down by police reports? Also have you checked to be sure he hasn't taken off with any of your credit cards? If he is a party boy he may be taking advantage of his new-found freedom, like some of our freshmen college boys!

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited October 2013

Teri,

Good to hear from you. Enjoy the weather as you are able and rest when you need. Deuce may be headed to Boston for the first game of the world series. We will keep an eye out.

Nel

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited October 2013

Teri,

I had a lovely time at the Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival and then it was off to Harley Goat Dairy. I surveyed the herd, nosed around the barn and tasted a lot of goat cheese. Sadly, no Deuce but I did purchase some excellent pumpkin goat cheese as well as lavender honey goat cheese, so the trip was not in vain.

Caryn

• StillKicking
    StillKicking Member Posts: 29
    edited October 2013

I'm going to the Texas State Fair this week and if someone can give me a description, I'll be glad to keep a look out for Duece. There are lots of farm animals.

(Sorry, i'm not 4 but every eye (and prayer) helps.)

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

Hi Teri!!! Had a busy day so am very late getting on the boards. No deuce in the vicinity today although I had to look twice at a truck that roared past me on the main road.......unfortunately the driver didn't look at all like the wayward goat.

Hope your night has been a peaceful one and your day to come a comfortable one.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372
    edited October 2013

hmm, Deuce in a beret..... Now, would he also have a kerchief round his neck, or would he just eat it???! Not too many goats around Bordeaux, he'd have to do something to blend in......😉

Teri, I hope the day will be a good one!

Nicky

• barsco1963
    edited October 2013

Good morning Teri - was good to read your post and know that you are getting the rest you need. It is not expected that you will be active on the thread every day, but we are always here for you sending hugs and best wishes.

Today is a very dull, rainy day here - good one for me to catch up on a few neglected household chores. I hope you are resting comfortable and perhaps finding some sunshine that will warm your soul. xo

• nancyh
    nancyh Member Posts: 185
    edited October 2013

Hi Teri, just dropping in to say hello and let you know I'm thinking of you.

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    edited October 2013

good afternoon, Teri. So glad to see your post. Just want you to know you are in my thoughts. You and that rascal goat of yours!!

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2013

Hi Teri-- hope you are having a pleasant and restful day. Looking forward to hearing about another Deuce sighting!! That wascally wascul. Sending hugs.

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

Hi there Teri!!! Just popping in to check and see if you are comfortable........seems so.....lol. Just getting organized to drive to the city as DD has purchased tickets for the Russian Ballet for us both.......i am so looking forward to seeing it!

I'll keep an eye out for that wayward goat while on my travels but I think he may be hiding from us all.......naughty boy!

Have a restful night and a pleasant day!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• iwillwinthisbattle
    iwillwinthisbattle Member Posts: 42
    edited October 2013

Thinking about you!!!!

• bestbird
    bestbird Member Posts: 232
    edited October 2013
    I will never look at goat cheese in the same way again!

Hugs to you, Teri!
  • barsco1963
    edited October 2013

Good morning Teri - sending hugs and smiles for a peaceful day for you. We are getting a slight skiff of snow today so it will be a bit easier to track any wayward goats that may be around. DH is a hunter so he is happy with the snow as it makes tracking deer much easier also.

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited October 2013

Good morning, Teri. I hope today brings you a smile at least once, and comfort all day.

Chrissy, you might keep an eye out to be sure Deuce isn't wearing tights (or even a tutu, but that would be less likely) and dancing with the troupe in the back .... I would guess he isn't ready for the solo work yet ...

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2013

Teri just checking on you. Hope your feeling a bit better.

Donna

• stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited October 2013

Hey, count me in, I'm here!!..Only I know where you will be tomorrow, surprise, surprise.. We need to get some exercise dear..ok no more hints :)))

good night (here) & hugs

Ebru