Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• pattih
    pattih Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2013

Hey! I've been following the posts but did you ever find the goat?

Animal control officers capture mysterious goat on the run for hours in Des Moines

Associated Press

DES MOINES, Iowa – Animal control officers in Des Moines used a tranquilizer to capture a mysterious goat that had dived into traffic and was on the run for hours.

The Boer goat got a taste of freedom Wednesday morning as she evaded capture on the city's south side. The brown and white animal with floppy ears ran into traffic and eventually went into a fenced car dealership.

The Des Moines Register reports (http://dmreg.co/HfuQA4 ) officers chased the goat around the dealership before using a tranquilizer to stop her.

Officials say the goat appears to be healthy and uninjured. Authorities are now looking for her owner.

Last week, animal control workers in Des Moines took into custody a roughly 200-pound pot-bellied pig that had spent weeks on the loose in an east side neighborhood.

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited October 2013

Hi all. Update on Deuce. Richard said he saw him at the top of the his driveway so he quickly put a leash on Pepper, the queen of the herd. (Goats always have a female head of the herd called a queen, or Dominatrix if you will.) (Okay, I made the Dominatrix part up...) Deuce then ran back to the neighbors.

So Richard took Pepper to the neighbors and she got Deuce to follow them almost back to Richard's driveway but he skittered off again and headed for Richard's parents' house on the property. He said he spent 4 hours trying to get him to listen to his queen but Deuce is forgetting his manners by the day.

I feel sorry for Richard but he's the one that let him get away in the first place. Besides he loves that there is help worldwide trying to help him catch this goat!

On another note, I have been more tired lately than I ever thought was possible, so if I don't log on each day, forgve me. (I know you all do.)

Teri

• Skream
    Skream Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2013

So the elusive Deuce remains on the loose....Good for Richard for trying hard., but part of me wants Deuce to remain free. Sleep away as much as you need. We will be here.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited October 2013

So, I went again to check on my neighbor's goats. The suspiscious one says he's not Deuce, but he definitely spoke with an American accent.

And I should know, since I speak Hebrew with an American accent!

Rest well, Teri.

Leah

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited October 2013

Morning Teri! How lovely that you popped in to update date us on our wayward boy. We know you will be getting tired so don't worry if you don't log in each day.....we will still be here when ever you are. Sleep well and rest.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• naturelover
    naturelover Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2013

Hi, Teri!! This is Judy (Naturelover). How many kids do you have (LOL)?? This is soooo funny!! I'm glad you feel well enough to get on here like this!! It's difficult for me because I'm not as good w the computer as some of you all but I think of you and the others on here often!!

Keep us informed please! I go to my onc tomorrow.

Love you guys!

Judy

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited October 2013

Good evening, Teri,

So...a goat who is a dominatrix, huh? Hmmm...that deuce is just playing games with her, I suspect. He will come to his new home in his own time. Maybe he enjoys being the object of so much attention?!?

Rest as much as you need and remember that we are holding you in our thoughts. Glad you know that asking for forgiveness is not needed--we all understand. Take good care in whatever way you need.

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited October 2013

So nice of you to log on Teri we love to hear from you - that Deuce is quite a piece of work isn't he?  Good that Richard is keeping an eye on him but I guess it might be getting a tad frustrating.  Hope you're resting well this evening.

• GrammyR
    GrammyR Member Posts: 297
    edited October 2013

Teri- along with all these other ladies I have to laugh at the antics of Deuce little teaser that he is. Please be sure and do not over do it. Rest up and we will be checking back w/you soon.

Are you able to watch movies. I love my Kindle Fire as I can just go to early and watch in bed. I love the British TV period series similar to the ones on PBS. One I am watching this week is called " The Grand " is about a hotel staff and clients .

• naturelover
    naturelover Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2013

Hi bon,

I would love to put out an AKA for Deuce LOL! But where I live in NC--it's rural and we already have plenty of goats right here!!

I know this isn't quite the right response but at least I'm getting the hang of communicating w u all a little better and it really, really helps all of us!

Love you Teri (even though I just got on here recently); we're all like sisters walking through this together!! I just couldn't do w/o u all now after getting into this!

I pray every night now that all of us on here have a good night's rest!

Judy

• Moiralf
    Moiralf Member Posts: 119
    edited October 2013

Peace and blessings Terri and wonderful restful sleep.

We all stand together and hold you in our hands.

Moira

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited October 2013

As I consider Deuce and his antics, suddenly, my life is FILLED with goat images. This showed up on my FB feed today, and I thought it described how you have shared your goat antics with all of us.

Hope your day was peaceful, and full of lovely naps.

*susan*

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited October 2013

Teri, so nice you were able to log on today and give us a little update. I agree with the others, you need to get as much rest as you need, and don't feel a bit guilty about not logging on. We are here every day, and keeping you in our hearts and prayers. The main thing is that you are comfortable and know that you are loved and that you have touched so many of our lives by sharing your Deuce with us, as well as your hopes and fears. May you find moments of beauty and peace each day.

• Australia
    Australia Member Posts: 128
    edited October 2013

Hi Teri,it's lovely to hear from you , but I hope you get some strength back and are always comfortable. It's a beautiful day here today as usual in sunny Queensland. I had a lay in as per usual lol and got up and did a bit of a tidy up and cleaning tabletops and dusting and now after making my son a tropical fruit platter with yoghurt (yum) I am sitting back waiting fir the cleaner to arrive to do my floors and shower/toilet. Under the palliative care I have a cleaner come free of charge for 2 hrs once a week to do any cleaning for me which s wonderful and I am very appreciative of the service. My son rescued a native noisy myna bird and we have fed him for a couple of weeks and he is flying around the house now so I think it's time to go. We will put his cage outside open so if he gets scared he can have a safety place to go. It's amazing, a wild bird and when we opened the cage first time and he had had enough flying he got back into his cage without any coercion. Love Gail

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    edited October 2013

Also makes me smile too. And I find myself thinking about goats when I have probably only seen one a few times in my life! Lol. If I see one now I will probably pass out from excitement thinking it may be Deuce! Rest all that you need to, Teri. We are here whenever you feel like it. Otherwise just rest well and know how much we all care for you.

• Australia
    Australia Member Posts: 128
    edited October 2013

omg, while I'm sitting here on the I pad in la la land the bird we have nursed to health has got out of his cage landed in the kitchen sink full of hot water and suds! I heard flapping and then it stopped and I went in the kitchen to see this little head sticking out the suds. I scooped him up and he flew down and was just sitting like a drowned rat on the floor. I have nursed him wrapped in a towel until he stopped shaking and hopefully he will be ok, it was hot but not boiling, poor little fella. He has fed since which is a good sign. Gosh these animals are always a drama! Love Gail

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited October 2013

I have been lurking here to see how you are doing Teri and to get the latest updates on Deuce. Last night, on PBS there was a program about Animal Odd Couples. One segment was the bond between an old blind horse and an old goat who acted as a guide dog for the horse. It's an amazing story. Gentle hugs to you Teri.

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

Hi Teri! It's very late here, 2.00am to be exact and I thought I would just see how you are doing before heading to bed. I have been in the city tonight to attend my eldest GS's graduation from High School.....he will be 18 in two weeks and according to Australian Law, an adult. It seem like just yesterday he was born.....how the years fly.

No sign of Deuce either going or coming but I did see a small fox scurry across the road and then a kangaroo sitting right in the middle of the road about twenty km from home........thank goodness I saw it and was able to avoid.

Hoping you are resting and comfortable.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited October 2013

Okay, I felt it was time for you all to see an actual picture of Deuce (Yes, THAT Deuce!) so you know who you are looking for.

Of course, when he lived here with his herd he ws very well-behaved and didn't wear the funny hats and things you all have seen him wearing.

Anyway, Deuce is the brown one in the middle. He's the one all my visitors would always say they wanted to take home because he ws so beautiful. Boy, if they only knew how he would turn out!

A horse rescue group is coming today to evaluate my horse for re-homing. She already told me he would pass. She has to raise money for his transport and asked if I had any pictures of myself maybe riding him years ago. I asked her if she wanted to raise money wouldn't it be better to have a picture of me in my wheelchair sitting next to him? She said yes but she would never ask me to do that.

So was I wrong in volunteering to have my "disabled" picture taken? Now I'm not sure. Please help me out. She's coming here at 3 pm today and it's already a quarter to 10 am.

Hope you are all feeling well.You are all in my heart.

Teri

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

Teri, you were not wrong in volunteering a photograph of you as you are today. If it were not so there would be no need to raise money for rehousing as you would still be able to care for the horse yourself.........the photograph is the reality. I'm sure the person you spoke to would not have asked in fear of offending you but by volunteering you have given her much needed help.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Joysley
    Joysley Member Posts: 25
    edited October 2013

I totally agree with Chrissy. The photograph IS the reality, we can't white-wash it away. Go with your first instinct.

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited October 2013

I agree with the other ladies, Teri. It's the truth, and I'm so tired of sugar coating everything for everyone. And also it was your first instinct, so I would go with it.

I love the photo of Deuce-goat. He is handsome and unique, for sure. I may have a crush:)

And don't ever feel that you have to apologize for needing sleep... It's one of my favorite hobbies!

Love to you!

Rose.

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited October 2013

Teri - definitely have your picture taken as you are now - you're making the right decision.

As for Deuce he certainly is a goodlooking boy (aren't they always trouble???)

Love, S.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited October 2013

That Deuce sure is a looker! The pic will surely help the search party in finding him.

I know I am a little late in offering my opinion but I do have to agree with your decision for the picture of you and your horse also. Hope the photo session went well.

Hope you have a restful evening!

• nancyh
    nancyh Member Posts: 185
    edited October 2013

Teri - I agree with others, take the picture as you are.

Love seeing the photo of Deuce, so cute!

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited October 2013

Just checking in here tonight, saw that you are doing a photo shoot with your horse and hope it went well. I fully support first instincts!

Thanks for the photo of your goats - they are lovely!

Rest well tonight, my friend. You are doing such a wonderful job getting all your animals taken care of!

• chrissyb
    edited October 2013

Hi ya Teri!! Boy am I whacked!!! For someone who rarely goes out, I have been out three nights this week and each night has been well into the wee morning hours before I got home. Although I have enjoyed the socializing I am very glad that I can now rest and recuperate.

Last nights effort was a fund raiser for The Royal Flying Doctor Service.......a wonderful diner was served and the theme was The Great Gatsby so every one dressed in the fashion of the roaring twenties so we had flappers and gangsters aplenty.......lol......I was much more conservative but I did wear copious amounts of long pearls (plastic ones....lol) so I could twirl then to the strains of the Jazz Band. There was fun had by all! but I did have to stop on the way home and catch a ten minute power nap so I could continue driving........the last 25 km were just impossible and dangerous without it.

I love the picture of Deuce! He is indeed a handsome boy!

Hoping you have had a good day and a peaceful night.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited October 2013

Teri,

I hope the photo shoot went well and wasn't too tiring for you. I love the pic of your goats with Deuce in the center, naturally. I agree, the good looking ones are usually the bad boys!! I hope you are resting and enjoying the changing seasons outside your window.

Michele

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited October 2013

I hope you are having a restful morning and feeling good this morning, Teri. Loved the pic. I noticed that Deuce is the only goat ignoring the photographer. I can tell he is a bit of a rascal....always my favorites! Hope your day is full of all the things that make you smile.

• Chickadee
    Chickadee Member Posts: 469
    edited October 2013

Deuce is obviously quite the alpha male and not likely to be turned on by a pushy dominatrix female. He's DA MAN!