Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• aaoaao
    aaoaao Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

Teri, I tried to send money via Paypal but I need an email address. It wouldn't let me put in the .org addy. Please send me the addy or I can just put a check in the mail. Either way is fine with me. The Paypal method is probably the fastest way.

• marymoir
    marymoir Member Posts: 28
    edited November 2013

wow Teri...those pictures of Forest! I always had a special love for horses ... Couldn't own one as we lived in the city but mom drove me 1 hr one way every week for 6 years so I could take lessons. They are my favorite animals with their gentle souls!!

I esp. love the 2nd one of him gazing into your eyes... He seems to he trying to convey to you that everything's going to be OK. So glad you found a good home for him...I know that must be such a load off your mind to picture that sweet, gentle boy running through a field!!

Thanks for sharing!!

• BigMom916
    BigMom916 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2013

I know I will be scared too......I think about what quiet things might be possible.....putting together a very simple photo album with pictures of my young grandson and me. In my mind's eye I review my life without judging but smiliing at those pictures that never made it to an actual photo. Concentrating on breathing in and breathing out without letting thoughts wander also is very comforting and there may be someone who can help you with this technique. (I took a class in Mind Body Stress Reduction several years ago that taught me the breathing technique. I didn't know it then but I know now that it was a preparation for the end of life) Healing touch another technique that is being used more for the emotional and spiritual healing that can help us each let go as our body dies. You might ask if those modalities are available through the hospice program you choose. My heart goes out to you....

• BigMom916
    BigMom916 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2013

That post was for you, Capriness...I am sorry not to have addressed it as I am just beginning to use the site..my first day on

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2013

Hi there Teri, How are you doing today? I hope you are feeling okay. I can't tell you how much I love the pics of you and Forrest! He really is a handsome horse and the love between you is so evident. It was a real upper to see the pics! It must have seemed like such a daunting task, making sure your animals all would be taken care of. Trying to arrange all that when you don't feel so great yourself . but you persevered for their sakes. That's true love, I'd say,

On Halloween I had one very strange trick or treater. Believe it or not, he appeared to be a goat in a little boy costume!! He left a note on the porch after he helped himself to almost all the candy! It says. "Tell her no Santa Rosa for me!! I want to retire to Club Med only!" If that was Deuce, he certainly is demanding.

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited November 2013

Teri, hoping you are having a good weekend, free from pain and fear. I LOVE the photos of you and Forres!!!! Very touching, very full of love.

I have had a very busy week with lots of art workshops, so haven't had time or energy to post, but have been thinking of you often, keeping you in my heart.

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited November 2013

Teri,

Thank you for sharing the pics of you and Forrest. What a beautiful horse and your love for each other really shines through in the photos. I loved seeing the picture of Deuce too! Another beautiful fella! I'm glad you found such a good home for Forrest and your other animals and I hope you are having restful, peaceful days. Thinking of you as always.

Hugs and prayers, Amy

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited November 2013

I used the Paypal yesterday.....no problem.

Hiya Teri! Hoping you are having a restful day and are managing to get some outside time to enjoy the fall air.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited November 2013

Whoa there, Nelly! I finally got the totals needed for Forrest's transport. They needed $700 and were short $200 so by the time you read this they'll probably be fullly funded.

But Betsy told me any extra they received would go towards Forrest's teeth floating (filing) , Hoof care, vitamins, and Shots that I may not have been able to pay for this year. (I paid for the hoof care but that was it.)

And if there was still any left, she would put it toward another poor horsie who had been neglected because, since she's a rescue, she sees some pretty sad things. She broke out in tears several times with Forrest and he's healthy! I told her she would never make it 10 minutes on this Stage IV board! lol.

Hope everyone is relativaly pain free and having a good day. I love you all!

Teri

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited November 2013

Hi Teri! That is great news about the finances to re house Forest and even better that there will be some left to cover other costs. I have liked her FB page so I can keep a check on him and all the other beautiful creatures she offers a new home and love to. Her heart is indeed large.

Hoping you are more at peace with his pending move.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

ps. It's 4.30am here and I'm still awake!....grrrrr!

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited November 2013

Great news that Forrest's finances are covered. I am sure that helps to ease your mind a bit about his relocation. Still a difficult time for you though, no doubt. It was a beautiful sunny day here today so I got my lazy butt outside and was able to enjoy it for a bit. Hope you too are getting some nice fall weather to enjoy.

• nancyh
    nancyh Member Posts: 185
    edited November 2013

Teri - beautiful, just beautiful.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited November 2013

Teri,

I'm a city girl and don't know much about animals beyond dogs but is one good looking horse! Glad it's working out for him.

Caryn

• Inky
    Inky Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2013

Another city girl in awe of Forrest--those photos of you and him together fill me with joy. I'm glad he is in great hands. Deuce is quite a looker too, but then again those bad boys always are!

Wishing you a restful and bliss-filled day.

Ingrid

• Linda-n3
    edited November 2013

Good morning, Teri. I am so impressed by your persistence in "taking care of things" at this time. I know that fatigue and pain can be an awful deterrent to doing those things which we know we SHOULD do, and you are a great role model for just getting it done anyway! I think you are inspiring me to get back to my camis and "git er done" attitude, which I seemed to have lost since chemo days as the multiple recurrences and aftermath of chronic pain and fatigue and LE have consumed my waking moments. I have at least been playing a lot and finding some fun through art, but I keep putting off those less pleasant and more heart-breaking tasks of making sure my loved ones are taken care of. Blessings to you, and many thanks to you! You continue to touch the lives of so many of us here and elsewhere.

• Annie62
    Annie62 Member Posts: 92
    edited November 2013

Teri, thanks for the update on Forrest and the beautiful pics. I hope you are having a good day. Annie

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2013

My donation is all addressed and ready to go, just have to get it mailed which I will do tomorrow.

Gotta get Forrest on the road.

• iwillwinthisbattle
    iwillwinthisbattle Member Posts: 42
    edited November 2013

Those pics brought tears to my eyes!! You are one strong lady!!!

• Capriness
    edited November 2013

Forrest is leaving in about 2 hours. Please send me your thoughts and energy to get through this. Yesterday one of the women said it was never too late to say WAIT! STOP! DON'T TAKE HIM YET! I told her she shouldn't have told me that.

Teri Bawling

• Inky
    Inky Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2013

Oh Teri, I so feel for you! You and Forrest clearly have an amazing bond. I did look at the photos of the Lost Hearts and Souls Sanctuary, and it looks absolutely beautiful, and clearly the care-takers there are absolutely first-rate. Forrest will be happy there, even though you will always be a part of him and he will always be a part of you--that's just the way love works.

I don't know what advice to give you. Do whatever you think is best. I don't suppose you can get the care-takers to put a web cam in Forrest's stable so that you can check in on him whenever you feel like it?

Sending healing energy, love, and hugs,

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited November 2013

Holding you up in spirit with buckets of love, fortitude and lovingkindness. You are doing the right thing. It's just so awful hard. So very very hard. The photos are lovely. Hang in there.

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited November 2013

Teri, I am so sorry you are having to say good-bye to your beloved Forrest today. But I am happy for you both that he is going to a loving new home. He will be well taken care of, and you will have the peace of mind knowing that he is in good hands. That still doesn't take away the sadness of the separation. Know that all of us here are sending prayers and good thoughts as you say good bye (and think WAIT!! STOP!! DON'T GO YET!!!). I would be doing the same thing if I were in your shoes. Sending big hugs, and raising a virtual glass to Forrest, your great friend and companion!

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited November 2013

Teri - sending you love and a wish for you to have just a little more strength to get you through this day - you are doing the right thing and you must know that Forest loves you to the depth of his being, you are truly a wonderful pet parent.   Hugs, S.

• naturelover
    naturelover Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2013

Teri, I think you are extremely brave to make this decision for Forest. You are a wonderful Mommy to your pets and you are the one that knows best for each of them! I can only imagine how difficult this is for you but I think you've made the right decision!! You are an amazing person to have so much knowledge about your animals!!

Take care, Teri!!

Judy

• Linda-n3
    edited November 2013

Teri, I am sending tons of love and support to you today - you are so full of love and caring for Forrest and Deuce and all your family. This is indeed one of the hardest parts of this journey: saying goodbye. And yet you are doing what you think is best for them, putting them first, so unselfishly making sure they are taken care of, all the while, your heart is breaking. I wish I had some crazy glue or superglue for that broken heart, but all I can send is loving thoughts and prayers for peace for you. (((((Teri)))))

• Moiralf
    Moiralf Member Posts: 119
    edited November 2013

More support coming your way. There is no one right decision, just the one your heart and mind tells you is right for you and Forrest. That doesn't mean it is an easy decision or won't cause pain but that it is what you needs to do for the best for your much loved friends.

Stay strong and know they are always part of you , just like our human friends. Like us.

Moira

• JimmieBell
    JimmieBell Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2013

So hard. Sending you strength and peace. Love and hugs.

Just get thru this day, you can do it.

• Capriness
    edited November 2013

Well all my farm animals are gone now. That part of my life is over. I'm really depressed about that.

I also had them deliver a hospital bed yesterday. The last 4 years in this house have been the only time I've ever owed a bedroom set and I loved it so much. This hospital bed? It's so ugly. So I'm depressed over that too.

Depression, depression, depression. Blah, blah, blah. Sorry to be so down. I think I'm going to go to bed early tonight. Tomorrow I'll work on my music box I'm building or maybe some artwork. That always cheers me up.

Hope everybody is in good moods this evening.

Teri

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited November 2013

Terri, I'm so sorry. When I had my ovarian cancer surgery I was too sick to take care of my dog and he had to go stay with my cousin for three months. Just about broke my heart. (((Hugs)))

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited November 2013

Oh Teri - a sad day for you for sure. I am sorry that your animals had to be relocated, but no doubt you have found wonderful homes for them. Rest well tonight - wishing you sweet dreams of your beloved pets.

Maybe you could fancy up that hospital bed with some pretty sheets, and a nice comforter. Spread a nice sheet under the mattress and drape it to cover all that ugly underbelly of the bed. May tomorrow bring you the energy and the desire to pursue your passion.