Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• marymoir
    marymoir Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2013

Was out of town but wanted to pop on to say hope you had a peaceful, pain-free day. I'd venture to guess that the fall is beautiful where you are (unless you're in the more arid part of OR)...if so I hope you got to soakin some spectacular fall colors, even if just through the window!!

Sounds like deuce is a tough nut to crack...resistant to feminine wiles!!! That's one tough guy!

Wishing u a restful evening!!

• MaraUK
    MaraUK Member Posts: 27
    edited October 2013

Hi Terri from windy Britain.

Love the picture of Deuce it's good to finally meet the little man.

Hugs Mara x

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited October 2013

Good morning Teri. The sun has finally decided to pay us a visit today. I hope you are able to find a comfy spot to soak up some Vit D and relax.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited October 2013

Morning Teri!! Sorry I haven't popped in for a couple of days, but I have been sleeping heaps and trying to get over my galavanting.....lol. All seems like it is back to normal now.

No news on that wayward goat but hoping he has realized that the weather is turning cold over there and has found some shelter.

Hope your days have been peaceful and your nights restful.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    edited October 2013

what a good idea, Bon! I would donate to get Forrest on the road! Please do let us know where to contribute, Teri, and maybe we can help get Forrest on his way to Napa Valley! That is a lovely place to retire to! He is a lucky horse. At least he is willing to go unlike the intractable Deuce who insists he will consider a move in his own good time! Enjoyed seeing Deuce's pic, He IS a very handsome boy, all chocolatey and what not. He would have been my favorite, I think!

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    edited October 2013

Teri, love checking in to get the latest updates on you, deuce, and now, Forrest. Hope you are having a peaceful morning.

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited October 2013

Hey everybody, for those wishing to help Forrest, my horsey, get to his new retirement villa in Napa Vally the info is : LostHeartsandSouls.org , Paypal or Checks to 616 Hunter lane, Santa Rosa, Ca 95404, Thanks in Advance.

His new mommy's name is Betsy and he'll have plenty of other horsies to play with. I know Betsy put her thank you in her email above but I'd like to add my BIG ONE TOO! THANK YOU!

• stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited October 2013

He is a cutie.. now mission is easier, I have been following quite many black ones..:)

hugs dear,

Ebru

• cristina1945
    cristina1945 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2013

I was given 6 months from my oncologist I went to MDAnderson cancer center in Houston

Texas and they give me so much hope and new treatment don't give up,

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited November 2013

cristina,

Welcome to bco.org..... stopping treatment is NEVER giving up. It is a choice that we will all make at some point or another. Our community has always been about supporting each others' choices, even if it is not the choice we would have made. The argument could be made that choosing to stop treatment is a harder decision than any other one we could make.

If you read Capriness' history of postings, you will see that she has made a fully rational decision based on her own values and needs.

*susan*

• JimmieBell
    JimmieBell Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2013

Okay if I put the basic story and donation info on my facebook page? Lots of my friends are big animal lovers. No personal info needed.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited November 2013

Susan,

Well said, thank you.

Caryn

• Annie62
    Annie62 Member Posts: 92
    edited November 2013

Thanks for posting the info for Forest's re-housing. I know how hard this is for you and think you are a wonderful woman to take care of all of your dependents. This may sound corny but my DD just read Black Beauty and was really moved by it so althought I would help out anyway it means even more to me now.

Hugs Teri,

Annie

• aaoaao
    aaoaao Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

People need to remember that when we encourage someone to keep fighting..we may not be fully aware of how long they've been fighting and what they've already been through. Sometimes there are no additional treatments available or their body has been already beaten down that additional txs would kill them. Some people also just want to live the remainder of their life the way they want to live it. I think when someone asks for advice on how to continue fighting..we give it if possible. However, if someone says they've made up their mind to stop tx and are at peace with it, we need to honor that to. This disease varies so much from one person to another that a flat answer for how to handle it just doesn't work. I will say the people here are super supportive of any decision we make and I want to say thank you all. Sometimes I forget to say that enough.

• justjudie
    justjudie Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2013

Very well said both Susan and aapaao. Thank you.

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited November 2013

Oh yes, Forrest will be very happy at his villa in Napa:) You have some very lucky animals, Teri, to have such a loving, caring person looking out for them. I know this must be very difficult for you... I'm an animal lover too, and they are family.

• Capriness
    edited November 2013

Thanks to everybody who stood up for my decision to do hospice. It wasn't (and still sometimes isn't) an easy decision. And thanks to all those who can help out the resue group that is taking my Forrest . I think Forrest will be very happy there.

Now if only I could get my hands on that darn Deuce-Goat!

Teri

• chrissyb
    edited November 2013

Afternoon Teri! Thanks for the info Re Forrest but I'm wondering if I can contribute from Australia? I would really like to if possible. If it's not too much trouble, would you ask the woman who will be housing him if this is possible?

Have been outside most of the day catching up on doin laundry.......I was a very naughty girl and let it pile up but had to do it todY as both DH and I were down to our last pair of knickers..........oh disaster! Can't see myself going commando so the washing machine has been going flat out! I'm happy to report that the knicker drawer is full once again!......yay!!!!!!!!

Hope you had a pleasant night!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Capriness
    edited November 2013

Got some pics back of the photo shoot with Forrest in case anyone wanted to see them. I just picked a few:

The best moments of my life...

Teri

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited November 2013

Bon, Thanks for the address.

Teri, I am in love with your pics. The love is strong and beautiful!

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited November 2013

Oh wow, Teri, such beautiful photos. And Forrest is gorgeous! I've always been in awe of horses... they are truly such elegant animals.

And thank you, Bonnie, for the address!

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited November 2013

Teri,

Those pictures are absolutely beautiful! There is nothing in those shots that screams "exploitive" at all. They are just about the love between you and your horse, and that is heart warming to be sure. Thank you so much for sharing.

*susan*

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758
    edited November 2013

Love, love, love the new pix of the Deuce and Forrest and YOU!

Tina

• JeninMichigan
    JeninMichigan Member Posts: 51
    edited November 2013

Hi Teri

I haven't posted in some time but I follow your thread. The picture of you and Forrest is so beautiful. His retirement home sounds just perfect. Truly how wonderful you are able to rehome them and feel some peace in taking care of their needs when you cannot. I had two horses and four goats and I so understand the affection and attachment. My goats were total stinkers but such personalities.

I think and pray for you often. I completely support your decision. The phrase "walk a mile in my shoes" applies here.

Jennifer

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited November 2013

Teri - the pics of you and Forrest really do show the love that the two of you share. Beautiful! Think of you often and pray for comfort and peace for you.

I was keeping an eye out last night for a goat dressed as a pirate (or some other character), but if Deuce was here he is a master of disguise as I couldn't pick a goat out of any of the trick or treaters that passed through.

• Australia
    Australia Member Posts: 128
    edited November 2013

"the best moments of my life" says it all Teri. I hope you have many more wonderful days with your animals, just beautiful. Love Gail

• chrissyb
    edited November 2013

Morning Teri!!! Yes, I am up very early for me.......lol........and what a special greeting was waiting for me when I opened up this thread and saw the pics of you and Forest. He is just beautiful!!!! as are you. It has to be a weight off your mind to know that he will have a good home where he will be loved the way he deserves to be.

I was sitting on the computer last evening and I heard something out in my courtyard and my little dog was barking so I got up to go and see. Before I got to the door I heard maa.......maaa.........my heart leapt into my mouth and I thought 'my goodness!!! that Deuce goat has finally turned up at my door!!! Who would have thought?'

You can imagine my disappointment when I opened the door and there looking at me was a little black lamb and not our wayward boy. I have no idea where it came from, I only know that when my DH went out to an opening at the new framers he left the back gate open and this little fellow wandered in. I just left him thinking that my DH could sort it when he got home but by that time the little black lamb had found his way back to the open gate and tootled off home all on his own.

I am amazed at the animals that seem to find their way to my door!

Have a restful night and a wonderful day.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited November 2013

beautiful photos!

• MaraUK
    MaraUK Member Posts: 27
    edited November 2013

Beautiful horse Terry thank you the lovely photos.

Mara x

• aaoaao
    aaoaao Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

Your pictures of you and Forrest are heart warming. He is such a beautiful horse. As someone who has given her heart to two horses, mine are Ruby and Rowdy, I know how hard it is to be separated from them. You've made the best decision, and sacrifice, to find all your loved pets new homes. I also will be sending in funds to help with the relocation. It sounds like a lovely place you found for your dear friend.