Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

20130502 Member Posts: 162
    edited March 2014

Hi Teri,

Very excited to hear from you and especially that you have been relatively pain free.  Per your instructions - I am focusing my energy on easy breathing for tomorrow - I hope it goes that way.  We had such a gorgeous warm day today - spring is REALLY COMING finally finally.

Janet

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited March 2014

great to see your note Teri. What a great mom allowing deuce to choose his safe place. Hope breathing becomes more comfortable for you and pain free days are your future 

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited March 2014

I was so happy to see your post, Teri, because I had been worried. Thanks for writing, especially after you lost what you so painstakingly wrote yesterday. It's made my evening. I understand to some degree what an effort it must be to write as ever since chemo I find typing to be a big effort. I have to make so many corrections that it takes me forever to write anything because I keep hitting all the wrong keys. My doctor told me I have "chemo brain". I rather like the term, after I got over the surprise that the condition was here to stay, and I use it as an all-round excuse when I screw up doing anything.

I am glad to see you sounding so upbeat and chipper, and to hear that you have been mostly pain free. I most definitely send you good thoughts for better, easier breathing! Struggling to breathe must be very tiring, so it is no wonder that you are resting more. And, thank you for telling your brother to let us know (may that be a very long time from now). It is very thoughtful of you.

It's great to find out that Deuce has been seen regularly and that Richard suspects a neighbor has been taking care of him this winter. I am sure you have been concerned about him, much as we all have been having fun looking for sightings everywhere around the world. You went to such lengths to be sure your animals would be taken care of when you were no longer able to do it, that thinking one was off on his own and fending for himself must have been worrisome. 

It's feeling like spring here on Eastern Long Island. It was in the mid 40s today and I saw our first crocus which was just wonderful, especially as we still have heaps of icy frozen snow lying around. It was yellow and one of the tiny early ones called snow crocus. I've noticed that the yellows of any type of crocus are always the first to bloom. I was surprised to spot a young groundhog in our driveway when I came home from the market, so they are up and about. I went over to look at the fox den on the hillside next to the house and noticed that there were honeybees busily working on the snowdrops that have been spreading through the day lilies that keep the steep hill from washing away. I haven't seen bees out before either. It really must be spring!

Best wishes for easy breathing!

• Mompsych
    Mompsych Member Posts: 88
    edited March 2014

so glad to see your post and that you are relatively pain free.  It's finally warming up a bit here in NY; hope its warming up for you as well. I hope you have many warm sunny pain free days ahead of you.

Marian

• redwolf8812
    redwolf8812 Member Posts: 580
    edited March 2014

Good morning from the sunrise over Ocean City, NJ (not real-time):

- Penny

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited March 2014

Good to see you Teri and painfree, even better.

Donna

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2014

Hi Teri,

It's so good to hear from you!  I'm glad you've had little pain - sending lots of good energy and light and prayers in hopes of easier breathing to go along with that.  

Thinking of you and sending love and gentle hugs, Amy

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited March 2014

So good to hear from you Teri!

Let's get our terms right - Deuce has been permitting the neighbor to take care of him. No matter what, it's gonna be on his terms.

Leah

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited March 2014

Teri - so good to hear from you and I'll put in good thoughts for easy breathing.  Leah is right about Deuce methinks!

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited March 2014

Hi Teri,

It was so good to hear from you.  It is also good to hear about Deuce!  I like hearing you're not in a lot of pain, I am sending positive, healing thoughts for easier breathing!  In my thoughts.  

Michele

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited March 2014

ditto! So, so good to hear from you! Sorry about losing the first post. How frustrating. Really glad to hear you are not in pain. Also good to know deuce is around and being taken care of...on his terms. Always sending love. And will add easier breathing as well.

• sarajaneevans
    sarajaneevans Member Posts: 29
    edited March 2014

So glad to hear Deuce is close by- I have a feeling that is going to be the case- keeping a close eye on his mom-his loyalty to you keeping him close-heartbreaking what is happening to you, and your beloved animals-I think of you all often and the torture of this separation, living apart, living with the only loving,selfless decision you could have made on their behalf-sending loving rays your way~~

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777
    edited March 2014

Just wanted to let you know that it is good to hear from you and I think we all are thinking of you often.

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited March 2014

Hi, Teri,

As you've now heard many times, I'm glad you were able to post! (Sorry about the lost message. That's happened to me so much that I copy my text before I hit "submit"!) What a relief to know that you've had manageable pain. Now we'll turn collective hopes and positive thoughts to easier breathing. And it's a relief to know that devilish Deuce has found a home to his own liking.

Speaking of love, I hope that all the love you've directed toward so many human and nonhuman animals over the years will come back to you double! No need to feel selfish, just bask in the support and caring of all who are there for you. And like someone else said, we know you are still holding a place for us in your heart and mind even if you are unable to post.

• Vadre
    Vadre Member Posts: 159
    edited March 2014

Hugs Terri,

Like everyone else I'm so glad to see your post!  You have no need to feel selfish! You're allowed , you gave us the gift of allowing us to be part of your life, to show caring for you and to share this part of your path. I, too, will be breathing calmly and freely for you and sending that to you. I will also continue to send pain-free thoughts...we don't want to get that back cause we turned our backs!

You are an amazing example of openness and love. Thank you for sharing with us and introducing us to each other. I hope you have a sunny Monday. 

Take care!

Virginia

• Moiralf
    Moiralf Member Posts: 119
    edited March 2014

Terri, you should be able to do that deep sea free diving with the amount of positive breathing thoughts and prayers headed your way. Hope it is working and your breathing is easing up and getting better.

Women from all around this world are holding you in their thoughts and prayers. That speaks of how you are regarded in this group of amazing women.

Moira

• Hortense
    edited March 2014

Teri, did you feel the earthquake ? I thought about you this morning when I saw on the news that a big one had occurred just off the coast at the California/Oregon border, though the newscaster said no damage had been reported. I think you are more near Portland, judging by your website, so maybe you didn't.

I hope your breathing has been easier lately. Sending wishes for clearer airways.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited March 2014

Hi ya Teri! Not sure what time it is over there, right now it's 11.45pm here.  I've been sitting here watching reruns of Game of Thrones (in preparation of the new season about to start) and working on my Snowflake throw that is fast turning into a bed spread......lol.  It wasn't meant to be that big but I obviously got a little carried away and made it lop sided so now I have to square it up so to speak.......lol.  The bigger it gets the more I like it but it is going to take me some more time to get it done.

Sending good strong thoughts for easier breathing and pain free days.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited March 2014

Hi Teri.  Hope you are having a good morning.  I've felt like I've been shot with a tranquilizer dart everyday so haven't been on the boards much.  I finished my rads so I should be on the mend.  I'm looking forward to getting a little time in the sunshine today.  Hope you do too!

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited March 2014

Well it finally stopped raining! That glowing ball in the sky is SUN!!! Don't die of shock because we are supposed to get more sun the entire rest of the week. Yes 4 days of sunny weather in March in OREGON!!! The lilacs are budding. The Indian plum is flowering, daffodils are out and the tulips right behind! Iris are just 5 inches out of the soil, wake up! Yippee. I swear there is no better medicine than sunshine.

I was so glad to read Deuce picked another home and is safe. I am happy you are breathing better and not in pain. I think of you daily and wish you well. Peace and love to you. Cindi

• sandilee
    sandilee Member Posts: 436
    edited March 2014

Good morning, Teri.  It really is good to hear from you and to know you're not in pain.

I feel a bit guilty because I'm one of the few of us able to spend mornings sitting on my patio contemplating my garden's improvement needs.   In So Cal, we've had great weather since our rains stopped and everything is starting to bloom. There is no place on earth I enjoy more than my little patio, especially when I can sit here with my iPad and catch up on our sisters on the board.  The longer I live with this disease, the more I appreciate the little things, and the feelings of peace, where ever I can find it. 

Thank you for posting.   I hope you start breathing easier soon!

• K-Lo
    K-Lo Member Posts: 826
    edited March 2014

redwolf8812

I don't know if my message was clear    we rent every year and its no sand off our noses if you care to be our leesers but you may be booked!!!!

Kathy

• Hortense
    edited March 2014

Hey Teri, Does Deuce and his friends need a job? It seems that a green belt near me is looking to hire a herd of goats to eat up a lot of low growing shrubs:

Four-Legged Friends Could Help Control Unwanted Flora In Bridgehampton

Environmental preservationists are preparing to unleash a new weapon against the invasive plants that have embedded themselves in the Vineyard Field grasslands.

Their weapon, though, is furry and has four legs.

The Friends of the Long Pond Greenbelt, the nonprofit dedicated to protecting the 39-acre grassland property pitched a plan to bring in a herd of goats to munch away at the unwanted plant species.

“It’s been a huge fight against the autumn olive,” the president of the organization, said this week. “What we’re finding is it just keeps re-seeding and re-sprouting, and it’s a constant fight every year.”

The goats, she explained, would defoliate the shrub-like weeds until they withered away. Though such an idea is new to Southampton Town, she noted that it is slowly becoming a common solution to a growing problem.

Mowing the plants is not an option for the property, which sits behind the South Fork Natural History Museum, because the machinery would threaten the turtles and other reptile wildlife that lives in Vineyard Field.

On Tuesday, the Southampton Town Board agreed to pitch in as much as $3,500 to rent about half a dozen goats from Larry Cihanek’s Green Goats business in upstate Rhinebeck and help install fencing on the Bridgehampton property, which the nonprofit said it would purchase for about $1,200.

The organization hopes the goats will be on site as soon as the leaves bud in the spring, and explained that volunteers from the Friends of the Long Pond Greenbelt and the museum would be responsible for caring for the animals.

• chrissyb
    edited March 2014

Hi ya Teri!!!

Phew!  What a busy day yesterday but the upshot is the ball is rolling for my second knee replacement.......yay!  Not looking forward to the op or the recovery but I am looking forward to this time next year when I will be able to walk with no pain!

Hoping the sun is shinning on your beautiful face and you are feeling its warmth, hoping that you are able to breathe the warming air of Spring with little difficulty and it's all done with little or no pain.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited March 2014

((((Hugs)))) Hope you are pain free and breathing better. Isn't this sun just grand!

• chrissyb
    edited March 2014

Hi ya Teri!  

Another busy day for me as I had to drive down to the city and back for an X-ray of my knee in prep for the ortho appointment on Tuesday......I'm bushed!.....lol.

Hope your day has been an easy breathing, pain free calm one.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited March 2014

hi Teri! Thought I would show you who all is in my chair! Thinking about you always! Sending love and hugs and good vibes for easy breathing! 

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited March 2014

Teri, I thought I posted more recently, but apparently lost them. I have been quite tired with new chemo, and forgetful and making more mistakes with the computer, but I have definitely been thinking of you each day. I am sharing a photo of my cat Corrie, just falling asleep with tail curled around her nose. I can't re-size it, sorry - again, computer challenges and fatigue. Hope you are breathing easier, so glad you are pain-free.

I have to say that you are definitely NOT a "taker" - you have shared so much love just by bringing this group of women together. We have enjoyed sharing Deuce stories, other animal stories, travels, as well as jokes and funny and loving stories. You have given so much love away, it just comes back to you hundredfold. We all love you and are grateful that you came into our lives for as long a time as we have together. Let us cherish it.image

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited March 2014

Hi Teri!

I hope Oregon is warming up. We're lined up for a nice weekend in Ca., although we still desperately need rain:( Still, sitting in the sun always cheers me up!

Always thinking of you, Deuce, Forrest, and the gang, and still inventing little Deuce-goat stories in my head. You've become like family to so many of us. I hope you are pain free, and able to enjoy the coming Spring.

Sending love,

Rose.

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    edited March 2014

Hi Teri, glad to hear someone has seen Deuce and that he has a home.  Also glad to hear you aren't in pain. 

Thinking of you,

Pam