Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited April 2014

Teri, I am thinking of you, and feeling just a bit guilty. I know how much you love animals, and I do, too. However, there are a couple of bunny rabbits who are driving me to distraction and I am considering giving up my vegetarian diet to have rabbit stew! They continue to decimate my new baby plants, just barely peeping up out of the ground! I go out and yell, wave my arms, throw things at them, snarl a bit .... wish we still had that beautiful fox living in the back yard ... there are some hawks that also fly overhead on occasion .... just hoping nature takes its course and leaves my flowers out of the melee! (is that the right word? is is spelled correctly??).

Hoping you are resting comfortably.

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited April 2014

Thinking about you Teri, and hoping you are comfortable enough to be able to enjoy the times that you are awake.

Our spring peepers came out by the bazillions last night and were singing their little hearts out. It is such a joyful noise! And so welcome after our long cold winter. I hope you have them living around your house and that you can hear them through an open window. 

I always find it hard to believe that such tiny little creatures can make such a big sound. I have found some that were no bigger than my smallest fingernail. I was washing a horse once and picked up a currycomb to help me scrub the dirt off of him, only to find an exquisite, tiny frog sitting on it. I think the little thing might have been enjoying the sprinkles of water from the hose during a hot summer day. We looked at each other a short while, me in awed wonder and it feeling something quite opposite, before it leapt away. The one in this picture is about 1/2" image

Linda-n3: Hee Hee, sending you more bunnies! Found these hiding a few summers ago.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited April 2014

Hi ya Teri!

I'm in the city again and presently at my DDs waiting for her friend to arrive.......tonight I'm getting new baby cuddles! Yipeeeee!   Love new baby cuddles!

Hope your day has been a comfortable one.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy

• redwolf8812
    redwolf8812 Member Posts: 580
    edited April 2014

Good morning!  Thought I'd give you a glimpse of our furry family members.  Brooklyn is the lab/greyhound mix.  Cooper is the bloodhound.  Caught them snuggling.

- Penny

• Linda-n3
    edited April 2014

Good morning, Teri. Can you believe how audacious that Hortense is (is that the right word to describe her behavior here?) to post that propaganda picture of cute bunnies when she knows I am sputtering at them each time they sit peacefully munching my baby Ecchinacea and baby Shasta daisies???? Arrgghhh! I'm gonna get me a big dog for the back yard ... maybe THAT will discourage them! Winking And yes, the bunnies ARE cute, but how did you train them to just eat what they are SUPPOSED to eat? Hee hee!

(and yes, that is the right word: Audacious: adj., showing an impudent disrespect)

Hortense, I love the frog stories - spring peepers are just the best, and DH hates them, says they keep him awake at night. I say if you live in the country, it is better to listen to them than living in the city listening to sirens all night. There are a bunch of them living just about 1/2 mile from my house, so that is my goal for my walk every day when the weather is good, I am so grateful I am still able to walk that far at least a couple times a week.

Chrissy, can't wait to see pics of your new furbabies. Red, thanks for sharing yours.

Teri, I hope you have enough energy to occasionally read here, to feel how much love we are sending your way, and hopefully you will find some humor here as well. And as usual, hoping you are resting as comfortably as possible.

• Mompsych
    Mompsych Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2014

hi Teri

Thinking of you - hope that you feel peaceful ((especially about all that paperwork hanging over your head) and that you are enjoying all the cute pictures being posted here. It's finally feeling like spring.The picture of the cute bunnies clinched it...

Hugs, Marian

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2014

good morning Terri sending gentle hugs your way 

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited April 2014

Wishes for a peaceful pain free day

Nel

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited April 2014

Thinking of you, Teri.

• Danishgirl66
    Danishgirl66 Member Posts: 80
    edited April 2014

My grandson is after a Mallard.  Terri,  I'm hoping for peace, comfort and strength this day.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,561
    edited April 2014

We too are thinking of you!

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited April 2014

Teri, I hope you are comfortable and getting a whiff of spring.

So, for all of you animal lovers, I must say there's some wildlife around here that I DO NOT like. It's not cute little bunnies stealing from Linda's garden (shades of Peter Rabbit and Mr. McGregor!). It's wild boars. Yes, indeed, you read that right. They travel together (in a pack? in a herd?) and come on our moshav at night. This isn't cute little piglets, either - the full grown ones are about the size of a donkey. Yes, indeed, our yearly visitors.

Leah

• NYCchutzpah
    NYCchutzpah Member Posts: 148
    edited April 2014

Terri just thinking of you. Hope you like everyone's photos as much as I do.                                                                                                                Crocuses are up and blooming, the daffodils are just little green sprouts peeking out of the ground.

In my area we have deer running around our large estate (100 feet x 100 feet) I learned that deer poop looks a lot like rabbit poop , little pellets.Don't know how I will keep the deer and ground hogs from eating my plants this year. They seem to eat the flowers just before they bloom.

20130502 Member Posts: 162
    edited April 2014

Teri,

I hope you are laughing as hard about the photo of the day as I am!  Thinking of you.  It is getting warmer here.  Almost time to go without a coat - but not quite yet.  Practicing driving with my daughter.  If I survive that, I will know I can survive anything.  Actually, all kidding aside - she is doing a fantastic job driving.  I am very proud of her.

Janet

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

Hello Teri, the pictures posted are such fun. I hope you are enjoying them. The baby after the alarmed duck is wonderful, and red wolf's dogs are so sweet tucked against each other. Leah S's story about huge wild boars the size of donkeys coming to visit makes me realize I am so lucky NOT to have them! How does one hold off wild boars? Yahoo and wiki answers told me that a herd of wild boars is called a sounder or a singular. Neither seemed to know why.

As for deer, I have found that a product called Deer Scram seems to work to keep them away. I seriously doubt there is a Boar Scram.

The sun was shinning strongly today which made all the crocuses in front of our barn happy. They all opened as wide as they could to greet it. The snow drops, which had been hunched down in the cold, jumped in height and there are more than I have ever seen before. It was a beautiful day. 

I thought of you Teri as I looked around at all the lovely things and hoped that you were able to see some around your house. If you have not been up to doing that, I hope you have been made comfortable and feel secure. You said you were scared when you first posted and touched our hearts, I hope so much that you are not anymore. It is ok to allow yourself to relax and let go if that is what your body is telling you. We are all here whether we post regularly or not, all wishing you the best and sending you our love.

Sarah

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2014

Thinking of you and wishing you peace.  We still don't have spring here.  Someday soon, I hope.

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri,

It's finally sort of Spring here in Michigan - on Monday, it got up into the 60's, but it's still getting into the high 20's and low 30's at night.  Tomorrow, we're supposed to get freezing rain!  The tulips are starting to come up though, and my Lenten Rose plant in the backyard too.  It's getting there!  I second what Sarah said - I hope you are able to see some of Spring there, and if not, that you are comfortable and having peaceful, pain-free days.  On a totally different topic, I thought I'd add to the critter/pet pics and send a few of our kitties. Here's all three of them together and our silly Cleo, falling out of the window!  Thinking of you, Teri, and sending lots of love and light your way.

Much love and gentle hugs, Amy

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

Good evening Teri, I just wanted to say hi. I am heading off to bed after almost falling asleep watching the news. My daughter has left her hedgehog in my care and I try to get him out and play with him each evening as he sleeps all day. I scoop him up in a towel - he's prickly - and bring him into our bed to scrabble and dig around between us on the towel a while. I'll bet very few people bring a hedgehog to bed with themselves, but he is so cute to watch as I relax and read a bit. 

One night he managed to head up my pajama pant leg from the ankle and get stuck near my knee, and let me tell you, it isn't easy to get a hedgehog out of your pants! His spines stick into the fabric and into you. I discovered that it's impossible to pull him backwards and out because of the direction of his spines, so I finally had to wiggle out of my pants and fish him out from the top. 

I think you would love a hedgehog as you are such an animal person. They are an endearing sort of pet. Very quiet, a bit dirty, not inclined to be cuddly, and definitely nocturnal, but never-the-less interesting with the most charmingly inquisitive faces. 

I just spotted AmyJM's post above, and not much can compare with her adorable kitties! Cleo is darling:)

I hope you have been comfortable and rested quietly today. I send you my best. Sarah

• chrissyb
    edited April 2014

Hi ya Teri!

Well the last gasp of summer came and went on Monday........it was soooo hot!  Autumn will now settle in and I would be surprised if we get anything hotter than the high 70's.......thank goodness!  While in the city yesterday I noticed that a lot of the ornamental trees in gardens are now clothed in their autumn colours and some are already dropping their leaves.........it is so pretty to see those leaves laying on the ground and being lifted into the air as a car drives past them and they fall oh so gently to the ground once more only to be lifted at the passing of the next car.

I love a cold windy day in late autumn when the final leaves are knocked from the branches and you see them swirling madly being rushed along by the wind.

Hoping your day is much calmer.

With love n hugs. Chrissy

• AmyJM
    edited April 2014

Thanks, Sarah - Cleo really is a cutie.  It's a good thing for her too, because she's a pistol - she's our perpetual toddler!  I loved your hedgehog story, by the way!  I can just imagine trying to get him out of your pajamas!!  Teri, I hope you enjoyed it too - can't  you just picture it?  Speaking of picturing it - you should post a picture of the little guy, Sarah.  I'll bet he's cute!

Thinking of you, Teri.  I hope you have a chance to enjoy the pictures and stories, or that you at least know we are all here, spending time with you and holding you close.

Love and hugs, Amy

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited April 2014

Ooh, yes Sarah, please can you post a photo of your little hedgehog!  Loved your kitty photos Amy, did Cleo actually fall  out of the window?????

20130502 Member Posts: 162
    edited April 2014

Good morning Teri,

Loving all the furry pictures and stories, especially that hedgehog!  My daughter used want a hedgehog for a pet but we never got one.  Now I can enjoy the experience without any of the work... Although I must admit it is making me think again about getting one.  Wishing you a peaceful and relaxing day with deep easy breaths and lots of warm sunshine on your face.

Janet

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

Hedgehog pictures! They are cute little critters, but not cuddly in nature like cats or friendly like dogs, and definitely not soft. They roll up in a ball when uncertain, as you can see - to them the world must be a large and scary place - and can pull their forehead skins down over their eyes when they want to become a tight little prickly ball to protect themselves. They have surprisingly long hind legs and look so funny when they try to climb as their bodies are so round and covered with quills while their legs are so long, bare, pink and fragile looking. I think they must live among the leave litter and grasses as he seems happiest while trying to dig a tunnel along in his bedding, under towels and under my sheets. He makes the funniest "huffing" noise to warn us off sometimes which is meant as a warning and to make himself seem big and dangerous, but which really is very amusing. He sticks out all his quills at the same time and sort of crosses them so that he looks larger and very sharp. I have learned to scoop him up from underneath before he balls up if I want to pick him up, as his tummy is very soft. He's learning to trust me and doesn't huff at me so much any more.  He's not as adorable as Cleo and her friends, nor is he very interactive, but he's nice to have on a visit.

Morning Teri!  Hope you have a comfortable day. I'll be thinking of you.

Best, Sarah

• AmyJM
    edited April 2014

He is too adorable, Sarah!  My son and his girlfriend are expecting our first grandchild (any day now!) and are doing the nursery in a woodland animal theme, and I just got them a little stuffed hedgehog just last week - because he Was cute and adorable!  This little guy is too - I love the one of him all curled up.

And Dawn - yes, Cleo did fall out of the window - I just happened to be there to catch it in progress.  She rolled over to look at me and lost her balance and fell right out!

Teri, thinking of you and hope you're having a peaceful, restful, pain-free day.  Love to you.

Hugs to all, Amy

• Linda-n3
    edited April 2014

Teri, thinking of you today. Yesterday was warm, cloudy, lots of birds at the feeder. Last night we had thunderstorms rolling through all night, and it is still overcast today, but promises to clear up later. The air is clean and fresh after all the rain last night, I wish I could bottle some up and send it to you. For now, I am sending loving thoughts your way. May you rest in the love we all send.

• stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited April 2014

Teri dear,

Been away for a while & when I came back last night, I couldn't find your thread to say hi.. 

Well a nice breakfast with goat cheese by the Bosphorous always reminds me of you & Deuce :) I pray for your comfort physically & mentally.. 

Many kisses & hugs & much love from İstanbul

Ebru

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

Stagefee, what is in that wonderful looking breakfast? Is the syrup drizzled across it balsamic, fig or pomegranate? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teri, I think a trip to Istanbul needs to be planned. Maybe we should all meet up there!

Meanwhile I hope your liver pain is being managed well enough that you are being kept comfortable and that you are breathing reasonably well my dear friend. I am still taking deep breaths of spring air when I go outside and mentally sending them to you along with hopes that your breathing will ease. 

Think of us sending you our best wishes when you are awake, and pleasant dreams when you are sleeping. You are not alone. We are here for you even though we are not by your side. Say hi to your family and nurse from us, and if they are checking in here, please let Teri know that we care about her.

Sarah

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited April 2014

Teri, 

I am hoping you are able to find peace and comfort at this time.  We are thinking of you and surrounding you with love.

Michele

• chrissyb
    edited April 2014

Good morning Teri!  Hoping your day is filled with peace, comfort and visions of spring.  I think about you each and every day and hope for you that this time is not too difficult.

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited April 2014

Good morning Teri!  Thinking of you.  I'm still hanging out in Pismo this week......just enjoying being......and eating lots of good treats!  My son and his buddies playing in the dunes.