Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• NYCchutzpah
    NYCchutzpah Member Posts: 148
    edited April 2014

South Jersey gets peacocks?  All we get in nothern nj are turkeys

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited April 2014

But it is a very handsome/pretty  turkey! I love the photos here. 

Isn't the weather wonderful. Hope you are enjoying it. Sunny all week! 

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited April 2014

Stopping by to send lovingkindness to Teri - hope you are resting and comfortable.

• dbla
    dbla Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2014

Brave Little Bird,

There is nothing I can add to the words others have shared with such love except to add my prayers for as many meaningful days as you wish and when the time does come, passage to the angels that is beautiful and serene. It is what I wish for myself and you deserve light and love.

Warm hugs to you, Teri

Donna

• macyhen111
    macyhen111 Member Posts: 402
    edited April 2014

Praying for You Teri , Love and extra Gentle Hugs to You. 

• Mompsych
    Mompsych Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri,

Just checking in and sending warm thoughts. Hope that spring has sprung for you and that you can get outside and soak up some sunshine!

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited April 2014

Stopping by with good wishes, Teri.

Leah

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri,

I hope you can enjoy some sunshine and the love of those around you and that your days are peaceful and restful.  We are all thinking of you and surrounding you with our love too.  Sending love and light and prayers to you.

Hugs and love, Amy

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri,

I am sitting in my lounge looking out through the opens door.  It has been raining with that soft gentle rain of Autumn for three days now and just a few moments ago it stopped.  All of a sudden the sun came out and as it danced over the wet leaves it reflected off the water droplets and made everything sparkle like diamonds.........it only lasted a few moments but oh! Those moments were pure beauty!

Hoping the sun is shinning for you and you are comfortable.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy

20130502 Member Posts: 162
    edited April 2014

hey Teri,

Just wanted to wish you a good evening.  I have been in Iowa for work these past three days and am very happy to be heading home in the morning.  Something about hotel beds and I just don't sleep as well as at home.  Reaching put to give you a big hand squeeze and a gentle hug.  I still like looking back at that monk photo that was posted here about healing hugs.  Sleep well!

Janet

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    edited April 2014

Teri,

I haven't posted on your thread for a while but wanted to check in to let you know I am thinking about you daily.  I so hope you are at peace and not afraid anymore.  I hope that knowing you have touched so many of us brings you some comfort.  I do hope you are able to enjoy the spring weather and the beauty that comes with the warmth ... Flowers, grass, birds .... So nice to see after the dreadful winter we have had.  

Love to you and my hope for pain free days,

Glenna

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited April 2014

Just wanted to say good night Teri. Hope you had a nice day and that you were comfortable. Best, Sarah

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    edited April 2014

Teri, 

I hope you are resting comfortably, and that you got all your paperwork done. Know that while none of us may ever meet, there is much love being sent to you, and we all honor you and your fight, and appreciate you sharing your story with us. May light and love fill you and keep you safe. 

<3 jeni

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited April 2014

Ebru, that looks yummy!  Now I may  be hungry.

How do most people handle these threads. Take notes?  I can't remember what I want to say as soon as I click away from it. Oh well, I'm really slowing down a lot as it goes.

I had a "wake" or a final lunch for my friends and ex-co-workers on Saturday.   It went very well and I got to say my goodbyes to most people,  You guys will get your own goodbye when the time comes.

Back to the couch. <yawwwnnn> Love to you all.

Teri

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited April 2014

Good Morning Teri, 

It was really nice to log on and see that you had stopped by to say hello.  I'm glad you had some time to spend with your friends and co workers.  I do appreciate your sense of humor.  It is a gorgeous spring day here and the last of the snow is melting. YAY, it was a long winter.  Wishing you peace and comfort, sending you strength and love.

Michele

20130502 Member Posts: 162
    edited April 2014

Teri,

So nice to hear from you and to know you are able to visit with your friends.  I am heading home on the corporate plane.  Whoever says money does not matter is crazy.  I would love to be able to have one of these so I could go visit my friends anytime I wanted....oh well.   We are lucky to live on this time of the internet when we can send pictures and connect in real time.  I feel so close to all you on this thread.  Elbru's picture made me hungry too.  Teri I hope your couch is really comfy and am sending you warm loving thoughts.

Janet

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2014

morning Terri. So glad to see you post  glad you had a lunch with your friends deuce was probably watching from afar lol

Enjoy your couch day with peace and tranquility 

Love

Maureen

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited April 2014

Teri, lovely to see you drop in to say hi!!!  I'm so glad you had the energy to type and hope now that your couch is nice and comfy and you are set for the day.

Love n hugs.     Chrissy

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited April 2014

Hope you are enjoying some comfy sofa snoozes today!

• Cafelovr
    Cafelovr Member Posts: 75
    edited April 2014

Teri, {{{Love & Hugs}}} Fly with the angels. That way, you can always be with us! You are so beloved!

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited April 2014

Wonderful to "see" you Terri - nice that you were able to have a gathering of your friends.  Hope you're resting comfortably and having some nice spring weather.

Love, S.

• macyhen111
    macyhen111 Member Posts: 402
    edited April 2014

Teri you're strength and spirit is inspirational to many, but especially me. I admire you so much. When I get to this stage in my life I pray I can handle it with the grace and courage you display. Through you I am learning that there are many stages to this disease and we can all make it through them. I am in Awe of you!!!! Be Blessed and know that you have touched many of us. Much Love and gentle but firm Hugs to You, Cynthia

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited April 2014

Teri, I am delighted that you had an opportunity to have time with your friends! What a great idea - I will add that to my list of things to do one of these days .... and I will hold you to that promise that you will give us a good-by when it is time for you to leave us!

I don't have an answer to your question - mostly I just wing it with what I say, am sure I leave people out, but you just can't be expected to remember EVERYONE ALL the time!!! And especially when  you are tired, and it sounds like you have had a lot going on with hosting a little get-together! I think you do a marvelous job, just checking in here at all!

Coming here each day to wish you peace and comfort is part of my daily routine of having gratitude; there are so many things to be grateful for, sunshine, breezes, animals, friends .... and a good snooze on the couch! ((((hugs))))

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited April 2014

Love you, Teri! That is all.

Rose.

• aoibheann
    aoibheann Member Posts: 254
    edited April 2014

Thinking of you Teri and wishing you peace and love

• Tilda
    Tilda Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2014

Thinking of you Teri, wishing you peace and comfort in the Love sent your way.

• Moiralf
    Moiralf Member Posts: 119
    edited April 2014

You are an amazing woman Terri, thinking, planning and considering others while still looking after yourself. Be at peace and enjoy the comfy couch.

Moira

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited April 2014

Teri,

It was so nice to see your post! I'm glad you had a chance to get together with your friends.  I hope you are resting comfortably and that you can feel all of our love surrounding you.  Sending you warm thoughts, light and gentle hugs.

Lots of love, Amy

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited April 2014

Teri, only you would have a "wake" with friends and be funny about it. I hope I will be that way too. It was so nice to see that you checked in here earlier today. By the response you have gotten, it is clear that many others feel the same way. 

If it of any comfort, I find it hard to keep track of what everyone says on threads also. I put it down to my "chemo brain" which makes the best excuse for so many things - like when I almost burned the house down a few days go by leaving the hedgehog's heating element on a rug after cleaning his cage. My husband kept that from happening by smelling smoke and finding where it was coming from. The rug was seriously charred, I had to heave it outside in the rain to be sure it wouldn't ignite later. 

I loved the pictures of the peacock and turkey. It would be such fun to have a peacock in the back yard. What a beautiful bird! The turkey was pretty great too!

Hope you got a good rest today. It sounds like you have come to terms with your situation and are content. I hope you are. Maybe it was getting all that paperwork out of the way;) Take care, and my best wishes to you. Sarah

• stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited April 2014

Teri honey,

Was just wondering what to eat this morning, as my DH is still rushing to complete his newspaper column… no breakfast in bed expected this morning.. :)  ha ha ha .. anyway, just jumping out of my pyjamas to have that goat cheese with you & a little surprise also planned for afterwards… wait.. 

Sarah (Hortense) just saw your note now.. sorry for the late reply.. your first guess is right, it is balsamic vinegar - honey mix, really yummy when I am not in the mood for eating.. 

Everyone, your host is always welcoming you, Teri is my guest of honour today, though.. See ya all in a few hours! he he …

hugs, kisses, good vibes, prayers, love… (select which you like)

Ebru