Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• chris1959
    chris1959 Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2014

teri

just stopping by to say im hopeing you are having pain free days ,and thinking of you

love chris

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited April 2014

thinking about you Teri

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited April 2014

hey Teri! Thanks for stopping by! Ohh, the wake sounds like a great idea! I bet that was a weight taken off in a way. Nice to be able to tell people how much you appreciate them...or not. No regrets. I hope you had a good day on the comfy couch. That is where my butt is right now :) sending love as always!

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited April 2014

Kjones - "Nice to be able to tell people how much you appreciate them...or not."  Very funny!  I have often fantasized about telling people off when I knew I was going - ooh, it was a great fantasy, but when I actually began facing the possibility, I have had second thoughts. Cold feet? Still, there are a few that would benefit from the telling ... 

Well, I am sitting here with my daughter's hedgehog wrapped in a towel in my lap while he dries off after running around in some water my bathtub. He digs around vigorously and makes himself a comfortable spot, then digs some more and snuggles in deeper. He loves hiding.

Teri, I hope you had a restful day on your couch. It sounds as if you have been able to manage your symptoms if you were able to get out for a lunch. I hope that is the case.  Sending you a (((hug))) and best wishes for a comfortable tomorrow. Sarah

• Mompsych
    Mompsych Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2014

hi Teri,

So good to hear your voice, so to speak. I'm glad you enjoyed your wake/lunch.  Also glad to see the sees of humor still there. Have good naps and dream of that gorgeous park in Istanbul.

Marian

20130502 Member Posts: 162
    edited April 2014

Good morning Teri,

I am up early today and thought to stop by and check in with you.  I am in a flurry of paperwork - trying to find all those pesky forms so that I can finish my taxes.  I wish I was not such a procrastinator --- no that is not what I wish --- I wish I was an organized person who opened all the mail and filed it when it arrived --- no not that either --- I wish that a guardian angel would descend, go through all the old mail, throw out the junk, file the important stuff, fill out the taxes, the appeals to Aetna for messing up my insurance claims in 2014, and while they were at it - bake me something lovely for breakfast that would fill the house with wonderful aromas.....  It is fun to dream anyway ;)

I hope you have a restful day, freed from your hopefully completed paperwork and with lots of warm sunshine, visitors (only if you want them) and relaxing moments.

Janet

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited April 2014

Good afternoon, Teri! I have been getting my herb garden prepared, and want to share it with all of you. In fact, let's all have a virtual glass of iced tea with Teri and enjoy my garden today!

Janet, good luck on finding that guardian angel! Just finished our taxes without having to file for an extension for the first time in 3 years (since I was diagnosed, I had not been able to keep up with everything, so it all fell onto DH, who had NEVER done them for our entire married life - we did them together this year and it worked out well!).

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

Your garden is lovely, Linda. You are far ahead of my area in growing, by the looks of it, and you are very creative.

Ebru, the balsamic and honey syrup sounds delicious. Maybe I will try to mix some up.

Teri, I hope you are able to eat and enjoy some specialties when you are awake. I hope your family is spoiling you with them. Have you had any more news about Deuce?

Best, Sarah

• iwillwinthisbattle
    iwillwinthisbattle Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri! Old tomhear from you! Pls keep checking in and letting us know how you are!,

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri!  It's been a very peaceful week end here and luckily the rain that had been continual for days started to clear Friday so we have been blessed with very cool sunny days.........it's a bit of a shock to the system after all the intense heat but really nice none the less.

Hope your couch is helping to keep you relaxed.

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited April 2014

OMG, Linda I love your garden.  Its great.  I would love something like that.  

Teri hope your resting comfortably.  

Donna

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited April 2014

Teri, yesterday I saw Tamworth piglets and baby lambs, some just hours old.  If I could post pictures I'd love to show you.  Wishing you easy breaths as spring abounds.   

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited April 2014

Teri,

Interesting idea...having a "wake"/final lunch with friends and former colleagues. I hope you found it very fulfilling. I imagine that those who attended with you did.

Each time I check in here, I make a point of noticing your photo, and I am always struck by the twinkle in your eyes and your smile. Thanks for staying connected and letting us know how you are. As you know well by now, many of us think of you and hold hope that each day brings you peace, comfort, an abundance of love, kindness, compassion and whatever you might need to make that day a good one. Thinking of you....

• Vadre
    Vadre Member Posts: 159
    edited April 2014

Teri,   You are amazing.  I love the idea of a Wake! What a gift for yourself but especially for others. Those who care about you, who have shared a piece of your life and yet might not know the best way to reach out to say that they appreciate you and will miss you. Thankyou so much for sharing this with us!

We spent Spring Break at Disney World. What an amazing place - - some might say Magical!  It was such fun to watch kids and their parents have such fun together. The joy in their eyes was overwhelming. At one point I came around a corner as Pooh was sneaking out of his dressing room on his way to a stage area. He was spotted by a little girl with pig tails. Turns out her name was Liza and she was a huge fan of Pooh's!  When she saw him she let out this barely contained squeal!  "Pooh! Oh Pooh! I love you!" She ran at breakneck three-year-old speed to throw her arms around his neck. I realized that tears were running down my face. I was so touched to see her absolute faith in Pooh realized at that moment. I'm not sure what that says for us Stage IV Ladies, I just know that it was a wonderful moment, full of love and expectation and pure joy in the moment!  

Here's hoping that we all watch for our Pooh every day and have the joy to run & love & embrace him freely!  I continue to hope for pain-free days filled with peace. 

Virginia

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    edited April 2014

Teri,

Stopping in to say hello on one of my sleepless in annapolis nights.  Just enjoyed stagefree's (ebru's) daffodil walk with you.  What a lovely gift.  Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!  Hope you enjoyed your couch time!  Loved your idea of a "wake" luncheon with friends and how you have kept your sense of humor.  Higs, glenna

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited April 2014

Gentle hugs and sunshine

• Linda-n3
    edited April 2014

Today's view, after some rain, the columbines and azaleas are blooming. Don't remember the name of the purple/blue flowers. I like a little "garden art" but DH does not truly appreciate the ornamentation, but is tolerating it. Wanted to share it with Teri and the gang today, hoping you have moments of beauty each day like this has given me.

And I agree with Brenda's comment about the twinkle in your eyes, Teri! I think there is a lot of fun there, and quite a bit of mischief, so it is no surprise that you love your goats so much and that they love you!

• stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri.. 

A new day, to enjoy bits of stuff. I am certainly enjoying Linda's garden.. soothing.. great for meditating for sure! Great work Linda.

hugs & love all

Ebru 

• macyhen111
    macyhen111 Member Posts: 402
    edited April 2014

Beautiful garden Linda.

20130502 Member Posts: 162
    edited April 2014

Teri,

I saw this picture on facebook and could not help but think of you and Deuce and all the goat sightings we have had over the last few months......this fellow is clearly full of vim and vigor.  May some of his energy flow to you so that you can enjoy the spring as he clearly is.  Rest easy -- I am always breathing with you!

Janet

Nadia Jarreau's photo.

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri, I hope you are feeling well enough to do a few things when you aren't nodding off on your comfy couch.

I spend much too much time on my couch, so yesterday I decided to try to move some clumps of snowdrops from the pasture, where they have been happily multiplying out of sight, to spots along my driveway where they can be seen. I was so pleased and proud of my work when I got done, and sooo tired. Today I decided to move a few more. All was just dandy until I spotted what looked like a freshly dug hole with some snowdrop bulbs lying next to it. I immediately thought I must have forgotten to put them in yesterday and felt rather embarrassed as I seem to be forgetting a lot lately. Then I noticed another hole and clump of bulbs, and another. A little investigation showed me that about 8 or so clumps had been completely dug up, probably by a raccoon looking for the small white grubs I had noticed in the large balls of dirt I had left around the bulbs. I had to replant all of them. So annoying.

On the other hand, it was a beautiful day and I had time as I sat on the ground and worked to be glad I was here to see and enjoy the snowdrops I had moved a few years ago, because I had wondered at one point if I would see another spring. I decided today that if I am here next spring, that's great, otherwise, the snowdrops will still be here for people to enjoy - as long as the raccoons don't keep digging them up.

Sleep well tonight, breathe easily and have no discomfort. 

Best, Sarah

PS: The little rascals came back and dug up about 8 more according to my DH who sweetly put them all back in again this morning. I will have to cook up some red pepper spray today to ward them off. 

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited April 2014

Linda - beautiful photo

Teri - hopes for a gentle day

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri, I hope your weather was better than our's. We had pelting rain most of the day and it's still coming down now. I can hear it hitting the windows. I know it's good for flowers, but it must not be so hot to be a critter in this sort of weather. It didn't seem to bother the deer who came to eat the birdseed on the ground under my feeders though. They still have thick winter coats which look pretty waterproof. One of last year's babies has tiny bumps of horns beginning to come up on his head. He and his sitter are still traveling with their mother. Deer families seem to hang together for quite a while. I've seen mom's with young fawns which also still have yearlings and what may be two year olds with them. 

Have you been able to breath reasonably comfortably? I hope so. When I go out in the early morning air tomorrow, on my way to take a bus into the city to see my doctors, I will take some deep breaths and mentally send them your way. 

Best, Sarah

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited April 2014

Linda - I love your garden too! I love the way you have it arranged.  I think the garden art is just the right amount too.  Btw, we have that same globe with the arrow in it in our yard. I love columbines!  They are one of my favorite flowers.  I think the purple ones might be salvia?  It looks kind of like ours anyway.  I'm looking forward to working on the flowers in our yard - it may be awhile yet though - it snowed again last night!  We here in Michigan aren't sure winter is Ever going to end!

Teri - I hope you are able to come here and enjoy all the pictures, stories and love from everyone here.  I hope you are having restful, peaceful days with the ones you love.  Sending love, light, hugs and prayers.

Thinking of you, Amy

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited April 2014

hey Teri! We are having some crazy weather here in nc! How about you? This weekend was beautiful so my husband and I decided to build a dog house. Ziva, our dog, has been using our screened in porch and our nice furniture as her lounge area for the last year or so. I would like to reclaim that area so we can eat out there and have people sit down without having black hair attack them! So I will have to post a picture of this thing we built! It's massive. And not square ( to my husband's disappointment, but not to my surprise :)) and not finished...yet. I think we made a small error by not moving it into place before it got too heavy to move. It may have to stay in the driveway for a while. No joke it's every bit of 100lbs! Oh well. I hope to get the gravel tomorrow and some pavers...and maybe we can get some neighbors to help us move it. Anyway, I hope you are staying comfy on your couch. Love to you!

• Hope_4_Best_Mom_Ever
    Hope_4_Best_Mom_Ever Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2014

I am writing to tell you that I lost my mother. She had battled
    metastatic breast cancer for four years. She was amazing. She endured
    about 7 or 8 different chemos. But I am not writing you this to tell
    you that I don't think it is possible to live a long healthy life with
    metastatic breast cancer. I believe it is very possible. And my mom
    was very healthy and active until just weeks before she passed. We were
    biking and walking. She was determined that she would keep living and I
    believed in her.

She was going to Mayo and when they gave up on
    her we went to MD Anderson. We met with an oncologist that told us of a
    women by the name of Helen Moss who had battled breast cancer for years
    before all traditional oncologist gave up on her and told her she only
    had months to live. She started her own foundation for integrated
    medical research called the Helen Moss Foundation.....She lived an
    additional 10 years after all traditional oncologist gave up on her.
    Please read about her and research integrated medicine. Watch the
    Gerson Miracle. Research your options while you are healthy and
    everyone around you has HOPE.

I believe my mom gave up on HOPE
    when my stepfather gave up. All of us kids genuinely believed in her
    and she was doing so well even after she quit her chemo. She was ready
    to start on the Helen Moss path and she could have. But unfortunately,
    my father was completely wore out and I believe had lost his mind from
    listening to all the traditional oncologist. He was so scared to let my
    mom do anything.....and it ultimately got in the way of almost all my
    mom's very last wishes. Don't wait until you have no options to
    research alternative methods.....I believe had we done something sooner
    my mom would still be here. I hope some of you will look into
    alternative medicine and Helen Moss Foundation and will benefit from her
    research. It was too late for my mom.

My mom enjoyed everyday,
    was an amazing mother, and a perfect example to everyone around her. I
    am not afraid of my turn to face cancer....I just hope I can make some
    kind of impact on it for those of you battling it right now. I can't
    tell you how much your blogs helped me and my mom these past four
    years......never give up HOPE. I believe my mom left when she was ready
    not when the cancer took her from us.

I love you all....God bless you!!!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited April 2014

Hi ya Teri!!  I've been down to the city......again........seems like its a never ending round trip at the moment......lol.  Got to see my grand fur baby so it was a great trip.......I can't believe how quickly she is growing!  I think she is beautiful what do you think?

My new fire has now been installed and I think I may be lighting it for the weekend as it's starting to get very chilly.......but I love it!

Hoping you are finding comfort on your couch with the opportunity to enjoy the warming sunshine.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy

• Linda-n3
    edited April 2014

Good morning, Teri! Hope your day is comfortable, that you are breathing easier with all that good Yankee air from NY from Hortense!

Good grief, Chrissy! That dog is drop-dead-gorgeous!!! I just want to grab her and give her a big old hug!!

Hope4Best, I sent you a pm.

Yesterday I had the BIGGEST day I have had in over a year - I was up at 6 am and did not get home until 6 pm!!!!! Whereupon I crashed on the couch and didn't move until I crawled to bed! I had an opportunity to attend clinical pharmacology grand rounds presented by a genomics researcher from Harvard (that was my first love - genetics - in college, but I ended up following a different path, but have never lost that love!) and it was so interesting it was worth getting up early for. Nothing to do with cancer at all, but other rare diseases and all the ways they are looking at how genetics influences the diagnosis and even preventive strategies. Then I did my good deed for the day and participated in the lymphedema clinical trial where they are looking at MRIs to see if they can evaluate the rate of lymph flow - I am one of 10 people they are using as a baseline to see if this is even feasible. If it IS, it is a non-invasive way to look at lymph flow and maybe predict who is at higher risk and needs more aggressive preventive vs. those who (like my mother) seem to be at lower risk. Then I was able to be present as my DH was sworn in as an officer in the US Army - so now I am an army wife!!!! I have not a clue as to what that means!!!!! Have never actually BEEN "the wife".... I mean, we have been married for over 30 years, and we have supported each other as we both advanced in our careers, but we have neither one been the traditional "spouse" for the professional .... just seems kinda weird, that's all! And then went out for dinner to celebrate! Now, if you aren't just exhausted reading this, I would be surprised, I just can't believe I got through the whole day with as much energy as I had, and I am SO VERY GRATEFUL for that day!!!!! And I wanted to share it with my best BCO buddies in the world, right here with Teri.

Hugs and lovingkindness to all of you - please celebrate with me!

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2014

Linda that sounds like an awesome day!  Congratulations on being "the wife" for once!  My husband and I joke that at various times we are eachother's arm ornaments.  Depends on whose function we are attending.

Teri, I hope you are having pain free days and getting out into the springtime.

• Linda-n3
    edited April 2014

Pajim, that is exactly the right term I need: "arm ornaments"! Thanks!! Winking