Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited April 2014

hey Teri! Hoping that you are peaceful! Sending my love!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited April 2014

Teri,

Heading off for spring break vacation tomorrow. I'm going down the CA coast and in to Mexico. Will keep an eye out for any sombrero wearing, tequila sipping goats... Hope you have a cozy, comfortable week.

Caryn

• kjones13
    edited April 2014

went to the nature center today with my mil, dh, and dd. thought of you Teri!

I loved this amazing wolf! Beautiful!

And of course I have to show off my pride and joy...

Love to you!

--Kristin

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited April 2014

gentle nights and days

nel

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited April 2014

Kjones, what a cutie your DD is!

Hi Teri, hope you are comfortable today

Dawn. Xx

20130502 Member Posts: 162
    edited April 2014

Kristin. Too cute!  Teri. I can't sleep and am thinking of you.  It was really warm here today but I didn't get to play outside because I had to work to prepare a presentation for Monday.  Hoping you have no pain and are breathing easy.

Janet

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited April 2014

I'm checking in also. Hope you are feeling comfortable and that your liver isn't hurting you. May you rest easily this evening. Good night!

Sarah

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited April 2014

Checking in and wishing you peaceful times and no pain.

Cindi

• Sunbunny
    Sunbunny Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2014

I am sending you strength and peace Teri.  <3<3<3

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2014

morning Terri. Sending gentle hugs and wishes for a good day

• Mompsych
    Mompsych Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2014

hi Teri - hope you are comfortable and enjoying the great pictures everyone is sending!

Hugs, marian

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri--I hope spring has found its way to your neck of the woods.  The pollen is thick here, but it's the price we pay for lots of trees and pretty blooming shrubs.  Looking forward to some April showers to clean things off-- there's yellow dust everywhere!

I've been thinking about the expression that we in the cancer club have in the back of our minds... "Hope springs eternal".  Rearrange the words to "Spring hopes eternal".  There is just something magical about seeing the cold bare landscape come back to life after the winter.  Little green shoots sprouting everywhere, flowers blooming, the grass greening up, birds chirping.... signs of new life in every direction.  When we're going through the cold, dark winter, we know that it won't last forever, and we can look forward to the promise of the warm sunshine and gentle breezes of spring.

Wishing you pain free days, easy breathing, and comfort from knowing that you are loved by all of your BCO sisters.  We are grateful for your generous spirit and all the wisdom you have shared with us on your journey.  You're the perfect example of grace in a most difficult situation.  Thank you, Teri!  ((((hugs))))

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited April 2014

Teri,

Hoping for light, beauty, comfort, peace, love, and compassion to surround you....

• chris1959
    chris1959 Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2014

teri

hopeing your days are pain free and your breathing is better and we are here for you

love chris

• kayrnic
    kayrnic Member Posts: 111
    edited April 2014

thinking about you today! Hoping you are pain free and comfortable. Love you!

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

Sending you wishes for comfortable days and restful nights. I was watching a program about Queen Elizabeth this evening and it showed her at a country fair where there were heirloom farm animals. There was a marvelous looking black and white goat with big horns named George which made me think of Deuce and you. 

My daughter came in yesterday and announced that animals all seemed to be on the move now that it is spring. She'd seen lots of deer and a fox. I spotted ten deer out back today, munching on all of the branches my husband trimmed of our apple trees, so I would have to agree. We don't usually see more than four at a time. I checked our fox den and the dirt around it is swept clean, so something is living there. I wonder if we will have more fox kits around this year. I've read that they don't use the same den two years in a row, but I don't know if that is true or not. I set up the camera and will have to go get its memory card to find out. I hope it has been working.  

All my best for you, Sarah

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited April 2014

Teri, I hope you're breathing easily and are pain-free.

Sending love,

Leah

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited April 2014

Teri thinking of you.

Donna

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2014

Teri, thinking of you, wishing you pain free days, and that Spring will come soon.  All of us in the Northern hemisphere are a little tired of winter. 

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited April 2014

Teri, sorry I haven't been here for a couple of days but I have been thinking of you. My sisters came for a visit, and we went to see "Wicked" on Saturday. I especially thought of you during a scene where the animals are losing their ability to speak human language, and the professor in one class was a goat who was giving a lecture and suddenly came out with a goat sound rather than the sentence that he was trying to finish. It was so sad - and there were some students who were quite concerned about it, much as our animal rights advocates feel today. I could imagine you joining with those students to protect the animals!

Anyway, hoping you have a restful day. May there be some sunshine to brighten your day today, and if not sunshine, at least lots of love coming your way.

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited April 2014

Good morning Teri.  Thinking of you on this warm, spring morning.

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited April 2014

Sending spring-time thoughts and good wishes to you Teri.  I hope you are breathing easy and pain-free this week.

Amy

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri, just popping in to see how you are doing.  Hoping for you that you are comfortable, pain free and breathing easier, that your days are filled with the light of spring as the sunshine dances over your bed.

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

Such a lovely thought from chrissyb, sunshine dancing over your bed, Teri. Perhaps it does do that at certain times of the day, at least I hope so. Its warmth would be lovely and comforting. 

The sun does seem to be getting stronger, which is sooo welcome. I can hardly wait for warmer weather. Like everyone else, I am tired of this grey, cold winter. The spring bulbs blooming everywhere are glorious. It is a good year for them. The earliest are fading as others rush to take their place so everyday they are a bit different. I have put many different kinds in over the years so there is a wide variety of them. Our grass is beginning to get a haze of green which is great - except that means it will need mowing. Maybe we should get some goats? Do they eat grass?

I'd send you some snowdrops if I could - they actually make very pretty small vase flowers - but as I can't, I'll post pictures of them for you. Hope you had a comfortable day, that your pain has been managed and that you were able to enjoy yourself a bit. Best, Sarah

• kjones13
    edited April 2014

Stole it from Facebook. Just wanted to say hi Teri! Hope you are resting peacefully. Loves!

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited April 2014

Teri, I hope you're breathing easily and feeling comfortable. I'm glad you made it to spring and I hope someone can help you get outside (do you have a porch that's nice for sitting?) or at least your windows can be opened to let spring come in to you.

Leah

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited April 2014

Good morning Teri. Hoping you have a comfortable day, rest easy, feel the love that is coming your way from all of us across the world. Can you believe that YOU actually started this, introduced us to each other??? Awesome!!!

Kjones, I LOVE the goat picture! Got a nice laugh this morning, hope Teri does the same.

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri, I hope you are feeling relaxed and as comfortable as possible, and that your pain is being managed well for you. I know you said you were sleeping a lot lately and that's got to be good for you. When you are awake, I hope you are able to enjoy your surroundings and the people who care for you, and that you stop by when you feel up to it or maybe you have someone report back for you - no need for any posts. I also hope, after all of your understandable nervousness, that you have reached a point of calmness in your life's journey. I think you know that a great many people on here care about you, even though we have never met. I've seen people from all over the world stop by to sincerely wish you comfort and ease. It's been amazing and heartwarming. You are quite special to have touched so many people's hearts.

Sleep well. Best, Sarah

• redwolf8812
    redwolf8812 Member Posts: 580
    edited April 2014

Good morning, Teri.  We have a peacock roaming our neighborhood.  Thought you might like to take a look at this beautiful creature.

:-) Penny

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited April 2014

Kjones....so cute!  Hi Teri....how are you this morning?