Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri. Hope you're having a nice restful day on the comfy couch. Here's to easy breaths and sunshine

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited April 2014

Teri,

Thought of you today when I read the following:

In a true you-and-I relationship, we are present mindfully, nonintrusively, the way we are present with things in nature. We do not tell a birch tree it should be more like an elm. We face it with no agenda, only an appreciation that becomes participation: "I love looking at this birch" becomes "I am this birch'" and then "I and this birch are opening to a mystery that transcends and holds us both."   David Richo

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri, Any possibility Deuce might have left town and hopped a plane? My daughter took this in northern India.

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited April 2014

Teri, just checking in, hoping you are comfortable and resting. 

Brenda, what a lovely thought - and even though I don't KNOW Teri, I suspect this is something she will agree with, based on what she has written here over these months. 

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited April 2014

Just checking in to see if we heard from Teri.  Hope your resting comfortably.  

Donna

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited April 2014

Lovely people, if I ever updated my picture on here you would have heart attacks.  There is no longer a twinkle in either eye.  And I've put on a little weight (245`).  But I don't care what the packaging looks like.  I've purchased lots of things where I've tried to keep the packaging and it just gets all folded and wrinkled.  The important part is what's inside the packaging, right? So my packaging is a little beat up.

My writing is getting less and less.  My prognosis is down to about 1 week now. Of course they're always wrong but it is a way to measure.  I sleep mostly all day now.  I'm awake about 3 hours in the evenings.  I even fall asleep talking to my nurse.  He's so polite.  He just sits and waits patienty until I snap back awake and we continue.  It's pretty commical.

Loving you guys a LOT and hoping for pain free and SE free days.

Teri

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited April 2014

Teri! You are so funny! It is all about what's on the inside! And you have that nailed down. Glad your nurse is so sweet. I can just picture it now--you falling asleep and him waiting on you and the. Picking up where you left off! :) sleep well dear lady! Always thinking of you!

• macyhen111
    macyhen111 Member Posts: 402
    edited April 2014

Teri so good to hear from you. Don't worry about the package , the inside is where the important things are. And your insides are Beautiful. You are an inspiration to a lot of people that see and know your insides. Hoping for peaceful, pain free, loving days for you. Lots of Love and Gentle Hugs, Cynthia

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited April 2014

Ah, the twinkle in the spirit...and the gift inside the packaging--still beautiful. Thanks for continuing to share those with us. I hope all your hours, whether sleeping or alert, are filled with exactly what you need. In lovingkindness... always....

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited April 2014

Don't worry about the packaging - we know the true Teri - hope you're resting peacefully - sending love and hugs, S.

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited April 2014

Teri so good to hear from you.  You will never lose your twinkle and no one care about folds.  We earn those folds.  

Donna

• redwolf8812
    redwolf8812 Member Posts: 580
    edited April 2014

Ah, Teri, you're so right, the inside is what's important, and something tells me that there's a lot of ★ ✩ ✮ ✯ ✰ ☆ twinkling ★ ✩ ✮ ✯ ✰ ☆ going on inside of you!

:-) Penny

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758
    edited April 2014

Teri,

Thanks for spending a precious waking moment filling us in. Here's to continuing freedom from pain and side effects. Rest assured your Inner Twinkle is shimmering for all who have eyes to see!

Tina

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited April 2014

Teri, we all feel the "twinkle" that is in you.

Hoping for pain-free days for you. What a generous thing it is that you did, posting here for us when it's so hard for you.

Leah

• Moiralf
    Moiralf Member Posts: 119
    edited April 2014

So true about the wrapping Teri. Love the way you describe it.

The twinkle is still shining through.

Peace and comfort to you all the days of your life.

Moira

• Loveforlife
    Loveforlife Member Posts: 67
    edited April 2014

Teri,

You're simply a beautiful soul! Wishing you peace, beautiful dreams and wonderful caregivers (like your nurse) to help you through. What a precious gift you are to us all. May you feel the loving energy that surrounds you, embracing you in comfort and ease. May you know a deep and abiding peace. Thank you for the joy you have shared with us all. The twinkle is still there.

Rest well.

Laura

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2014

Teri. You are such a wise woman. I'm sure your twinkle is shining brightly. I feel your twinkle in your words. Enjoy your couch and so kind and thoughtful of you to update us. Your nurse sounds like a gem. 

Love

Maureen 

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited April 2014

Teri,

When I get a candy bar, I never eat the wrapper. I only care about what's inside. Wrappers are just the outside. Hope the days find you comfortable and pain free. Sleep all you want.

Caryn

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited April 2014

Teri,

Thank you for thinking if us. Your words are so wise.  Peace and gentle days

Nel

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited April 2014

Teri, I agree it is what's on the inside that counts.  Thinking of you and hoping you are resting comfortably.

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited April 2014

Teri, thanks for reminding us that life is more about the twinkles than the wrinkles!  All of us in this club have had to learn to live with the changes in our packaging that treatments have created, like it or not.  But I think we can agree that with each change comes a renewed appreciation for the essence on the inside that remains the same.  Thanks for continuing to share your wit and wisdom.... wishing you easy breathing, no pain, and pleasant dreams.  Sending love and a giant group hug from everyone here!

• raro
    raro Member Posts: 78
    edited April 2014

Teri, just think of it this way...how many of us get to wake up next to a guy every time? Let alone a patient one! I just hope he's cute. But like you said, that's only the outside wrapper...at least he sounds kind and gentle, which is exactly what you need right now. 

We are all right here with you, hoping and praying that you will be as pain free and as at peace as possible. You have demonstrated such dignity and grace. 

• Mompsych
    Mompsych Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2014

Teri

So good to hear your voice...as it has been said - the twinkle is still in there; who cares about the packaging! Hope you are comfortable and resting easily. Thanks for checking in. You are clearly much loved. Peaceful days -

Marian

• Tilda
    Tilda Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2014

Dear Teri

Who cares about the packaging, just get your rest and enjoy your waken hours. Wishing you peace and comfort and sending prayers your way.

Lots of love from sunny Florida.

• Vadre
    Vadre Member Posts: 159
    edited April 2014

Teri,

Thank you for taking some of your awake time to be with us!  As you can easily see, we are always so glad to hear from you!  I have this picture of all of us sitting together around your bed, chatting quietly as we get to know each other a bit better. A group of friends who wouldn't have come together withou you. Then someone chimes in: "Shhh! Teri's awake!" We are all so glad to have you with us for a few, awake moments. You brought us together and we gladly take turns sitting with you as we type our notes to you. You have helped us know that it's what's inside that matters!  Your inside is all twinkle & love.

We are all right here, caring for you and sending pain-free,relaxing energy to you. 

Sleep well, wake peacefully. 

Twinkle, twinkle. 

Virginia

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited April 2014

Terri it was great to see your post. Since you live about an hour and 15 minutes from me, you know Oregon grows the best flowers, rhodies and azaleas anywhere! I'll bring the flowers to you. From my garden to yours; wish you could smell the lilacs..WOW. Wishing you peaceful  pain free days. Lots of love Cindi

20130502 Member Posts: 162
    edited April 2014

{{{{{{{Teri}}}}}}} I am so excited to hear from you and as always, you bring a smile to my face.  I agree with you and everyone else that packaging is irrelevant and the contents of the package are what matters.  I can't stop thinking though that some of our friends and loved ones (like Deuce) like the packaging too - and even those individuals don't care what the packaging looks like - so whether you are like me and Caryn who eat only the chocolate and leave the wrapper or like Deuce and my wonderful Molly dog who consume wrapper AND contents know that all of you, insides and outsides are very dear to all of us here.  We wish you continued relaxation, and peacefulness with lots of spring sunshine to warm your face.  Breathing slow and deep for you as always.

Janet

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited April 2014

Teri,

We all love your twinkle and we love you.  I hope that you rest easy, breathe easy and have peaceful, pain-free days.  Thank you for sharing yourself with us and bringing us all together.  We've loved gathering round as Virginia put so well in her post.  We are with you in spirit, holding you close with gentle hugs and lots of love.

Love, light and hugs, Amy

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited April 2014

Teri, I am so thrilled that you were able to write us. I'd checked in earlier this morning, but decided to wait until this evening to write. It's heartwarming to see how many others have also been checking in and how much they care for you. I have to agree, you may not think you have a twinkle in your eye anymore, but it's definitely still there as it shows in the amusing attitude of what you wrote. It is what makes you uniquely you and what has caused us all to have  gravitated to you. I am glad to hear that you have been sleeping comfortably and that you have such good companionship. You may have only a week or so, who knows, but a few days ago I ran across a picture of a raccoon hanging off one of my feeders that I had taken this winter that made me think of you, so I am putting it below. He's clinging on with all he has until he finishes getting his prize, the suet, while his little sidekick looks on from below. I think you are clinging on as you enjoy your time here to the best of your ability. Good for You! 

You have such grace and strength, as well as a wonderful spark of wry humor. I wish we could have met as I think we probably have much in common, certainly our love of animals. You are an inspiration. Please know that, like all of the others on here who also care about you, I think of you each day and hope that you have found peace and are comfortable. From your post today, I think you have found both. I am happy for you. (((HUGS)))

Love, Sarah

• GrammyR
    GrammyR Member Posts: 297
    edited April 2014

Teri- am not on this forum much these days but wanted to send some gentle hugs along too you. Glad they are keepin you comfortable. Sure seemed like a long winter. We are so glad to see spring flowers even if it is enveloped in rain here in the Seattle area  .Please post as much as you can. I am down to one finger Kindle typing. now so apologise for my typos up front...ha