Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014

Hi Capriness,

I know that you will be able to go through it. I am not really certain about hospice but.. just be strong. It's a sad feeling that you are alone. We are here. :)

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited April 2014

Ah, Teri, so good to hear from you.  Thank you for checking in and letting us know how you are.  I'll be thinking of you.....rest easy tonight.

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    edited April 2014

Teri, so loved your post.  It is always good to hear from your twinkling self!  So glad you have the perfect nurse to be there for you.  We all wish we could be there to hold your hand or rub your feet.  Wishing you pain free days!  Hugs, glenna

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited April 2014

Rosevalley, your flower pictures are beautiful. I meant to mention that when I wrote last night. I am sure Teri will enjoy seeing them. You are way ahead of the East coast spring-wise. We are still amid daffodils. My lilacs are battened down in winter mode and nowhere near even considering budding. I hope when she is awake that Teri can glance outside to see and enjoy the changes around her. Maybe her kind nurse would put some spring flowers near her to remind her how lovely this time of year can be.

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

It's just about bedtime here Teri, so I came to check in. I am hoping you had a restful day snoozing peacefully, and an enjoyable time talking and reminiscing with the kind folks around you when you are awake. I send you my best wishes for your comfort and contentment. I also hope that you are getting some laughs when you are not sleeping. Laughter is supposed to be so good for us. Much love and (((hugs))), Sarah

• iwillwinthisbattle
    iwillwinthisbattle Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2014

Teri---thinking of you and hoping you are resting comfortably!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited April 2014

Teri, thank you so much for updating us.  You are sooo right when you say the packaging is not important.......what ever we are shines from within and your light is still reflecting you.

I'm so glad that your nurse is gentle and patient and allowed you your little naps during conversation.

Hoping he keeps you comfortable and you are dreaming do pleasant things.

Love n hugs.     Chrissy

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited April 2014

Teri,

The love in the words and pictures here is so beautiful. We're all with you. Sleep peacefully, sweet lady.

Rose.

• Kudra
    Kudra Member Posts: 29
    edited April 2014

Dearest Terri, 

I've read every post in your thread but have never posted myself.

Thank you for sharing your ups and downs. I've laughed and cried following your story. 

Thank you for so generously letting us all in to your world. I'm sending much love and hope for a gentle day.

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2014

Teri, thank you for posting.  As others have said, sleep well and peacefully our friend.

May I also say I'd like to be you when I grow up.

Pam

• macyhen111
    macyhen111 Member Posts: 402
    edited April 2014

Just wanted to say good morning Teri. You are constantly on my mind and in my prayers. You have a strenght that is immeasurable. Love and Gentle Hugs to You today. Cynthia

• Tilda
    Tilda Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2014

Dearest Teri

Sending you wishes of peace and restful sleep with a little flower from my garden here in sunny Florida.

Karin

• aoibheann
    aoibheann Member Posts: 254
    edited April 2014

Dear Teri, I wish you sweet dreams and heartsease.  Gentle hugs x

20130502 Member Posts: 162
    edited April 2014

Dear Teri,

How are you today?  That is the question I like people to ask me every now and then ... so I thought I would ask you.  I hope it is sunnier by you than here - where it is raining.  I guess one silver lining is that my 16 year old daughter is getting practice driving in the rain!  Otherwise, I prefer warm yellow sun to drippy grey water ;)  I am so glad it is the weekend and I hope you are too.  I picture you snuggled in a throw or a blanket on the couch enjoying the company of your nurse who converses or dozing or maybe visiting with a friend who has stopped by and surrounded by the virtual flowers that Cindi sent you.  May they brighten your days!  Janet

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited April 2014

Teri,

Thinking of you and hoping you had a restful, peaceful day.  I am holding you close in my heart and sending much love.  You mean so much to so many of us.

Love and hugs, Amy

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

Thinking of you Teri. I spent the day in the city getting checked out and told to avoid stress (that sounds like a good idea!). I hope you have had a stress-free day, comfortably resting on your couch or snuggled in bed. 

I saw the most amazing thing today. I came out of my doctor's on busy York Avenue near NY Hospital and was astonished to see a Mallard drake contentedly sitting on the coping of a fountain in the middle of Manhattan. There was not a blade of grass anywhere nearby, just taxis, cars and trucks rushing noisily past, hardly 15' away from him. I couldn't help looking upwards to try to see why he might have chosen to land there, but couldn't figure out why because  there were such tall buildings all around. All I can say is seeing a duck in the midst of the concrete jungle was amazing.

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited April 2014

Dearest Teri, I am so grateful you are so generous to take a few  moments of your precious time to write to us. And that twinkle is definitely INSIDE the packaging!!!! I am glad you have someone by your side to wake up to who is kind and compassionate. May you continue to be as comfortable as possible, may you experience peace and feel the love surround you from all of us here as well as all those who know you in person. Sending tons of lovingkindness. Reaching out to hold your hand. Remembering all the stories you have shared with us and the stories we have shared with you. You have brought so many of us together and allowed us to BE with you, and you have been an inspiration. 

(P.S. I had been gone a few days for my own chemo issues and my mother had to have a pacemaker, but we are all doing well now - I just wanted you to know you have continued to be in my heart each day even when I haven't checked in).

• MaraUK
    MaraUK Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2014

hi Terri  I just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten you. I do not use this forum very much now time differences  over here in the UK plus a very stressful house move have made it difficult to find the right moment. I was so glad to read your post  hugs Mara 

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

It's bedtime, but I didn't want to go to sleep without checking in with you Teri. I hope you have been resting comfortably and that you have been able to have nice conversations with those around you when you are awake and feel up to talking. I think about you at different times throughout the day and wonder how you are doing and hope that you are pain free. I've learned a lot more about goats since meeting you. I had no idea they came in so many breeds, colors and hair textures, or that their horns could vary so much. I found a few pictures of them for you.imageimageimageimage

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited April 2014

Just checking in on you Teri.  Sweet dreams.  

• NYCchutzpah
    NYCchutzpah Member Posts: 148
    edited April 2014

Thinking of you. Haven't found any goats around here to photograph, but did catch a nice rainbow yesterday. 

photo was taken from Weehawken NJ looking east toward the city

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri!  Sorry I haven't called in for a while but I am so glad to see that you checked in.  I have been so busy trying to get things organized before I have my knee replacement surgery at the end of next month as well as spending time with friends celebrating birthdays.

Last night we traveled further into the country for another birthday party which included a huge bonfire as the weather is getting colder by the day.  Just thought you may like to share the flames with me.......they were leaping and dancing at least fifteen feet into the sky!!  It has been so long since I have attended a bonfire I thoroughly enjoyed it and its warmth.

image  I hope you are resting comfortably, breathing easy with little or no pain.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited April 2014

Hello Terri,  Thinking of you, wishing you peace and comfort!

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri. Just stopping by to say hi and hoping for peace and sweet dreams sweet lady

• sunny210
    sunny210 Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2014

Teri  

It's so nice to hear from you. You are such a prescence. Think how many people you have gathered into your life. It's quite an achievement. 

The pics on your thread are really pretty. It's still too cold here for many flowers - it snowed a little today!! - but I hear ducks and geese on the river and a hummingbird has already arrived. They're not supposed to be here until the end of May.

Sweet dreams.

Sandy

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited April 2014

Thinking of you, Teri

Dawn. Xx

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

Good evening Teri! I hope you spend a restful, pain free day. When I was at a garden center earlier today, I saw a woman who looked surprisingly like your picture which made me think of you as I wandered around looking at the early spring plants. It's still too cold to plant without fear of a hard frost, so I didn't get anything, but it was nice to just see what was offered. 

I've been busy trying to simplify my life by selling two houses and while I seem to have almost done so, it is very stressful to try to figure out the timing of when to empty them and what to do with everything. I am donating a lot to several charities, but I am also trying to give away things they won't take. This morning I put useable things out by the street and people came by and took what they wanted. One took a beach umbrella, another wanted kitchen items and a nice young man took a small table. I'll have to see what I can put out tomorrow. It's kind of fun.

Meanwhile, I hope you are comfortable and surrounded by kindness. I will be thinking of you often. Love, Sarah

• macyhen111
    macyhen111 Member Posts: 402
    edited April 2014

Good Morning Teri, I hope your day is filled with peace and Love. Lots of Love and Gentle Hugs to You my friend, Cynthia

• Mompsych
    Mompsych Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri 

Sending hugs - hope you are having a peaceful day!

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited April 2014

Gentle hugs and warm thoughts

Nel