Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• Fitztwins
    Fitztwins Member Posts: 144
    edited April 2014

I check on you all of the time. I wish you pain free days!

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited April 2014

Stopping by tonight to offer warm, gentle hugs to you Teri. Sleep well and sweet dreams...that's the text I send to my youngest daughter EVERY night.  It applies to you too.

Amy

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited April 2014

What a sweet text to send, AmyQ.

I'm also stopping by to give you my best, Teri, and to tell you I think about you during the day. I hope that today has been comfortable for you and that you have been pain free and able to breathe as easily as possible. I'd love to be able to send you some of the lovely, clear, fresh spring air we had today. The lawn underfoot was full of violets and grape hyacinths that seem to be happily spreading everywhere. It was like walking on a tapestry.

Feel comfortable, think about all of us thinking about you each day and feel the (((hugs))) that we each send to you along with our love. 

Best, Sarah

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited April 2014

Awww, thanks Sarah! 

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited April 2014

Sending love to you, Teri.

Leah

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    edited April 2014

Echoing Leah, sending you love Teri. 

Ginger

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited April 2014

Hi ya Teri!  Popping in to add my voice to everyone else's in hoping that you are comfortable and pain free.

When your days turn into nights and sleep overcomes you, may you find in the softenes of that sleep a peace that lifts you up.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    edited April 2014

Teri, 

I hope you are feeling good, and getting rest as you need. Your nurse sounds like he may be experienced :) That is a good thing for you as they are better at keeping tabs on where you left off than someone untrained.  I hope your days are filled with love. All your BCO family are sending you tons. 

<<<<gentle hugs from Texas>>>>> 

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2014

Thinking of you and hoping you are having pain-free days.

• macyhen111
    macyhen111 Member Posts: 402
    edited April 2014

Good Morning Teri, just want to say Hi and have a peaceful day. Lots of Love and Gentle Hugs, Cynthia

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited April 2014

It is afternoon here, still morning for you if you are awake. I didn't realize it had been nearly 3 days since I was  by to say hello! Drama has been settling down here, so I can focus better on you and others here - not sure how much good I do with my positive thoughts, but know that I am sending so much lovingkindness your way you can't even measure it! Hoping you are resting comfortably, maybe getting some windows open and feeling a little spring breeze.

• kebab
    kebab Member Posts: 98
    edited April 2014

Sending gentle hugs your way. I hope you are comfortable today. I don't post here often, but you are always in my thoughts.

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited April 2014

It's a warm sunny day in Oregon, 75 degrees brilliant blue skies. I hope your bed is near a window! I am sending you lovingkindness and blessings for rest and comfort. Peace  and love to you Teri.

• stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited April 2014

Teri

You know we have a quote thread.. right? But this one's just for you.. thinking of you, always.. hugs & love Ebru

• chris1959
    chris1959 Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2014

teri

I don't post often but always thinking of you andhopeing for pain free days .it is beginning to look and feel a lot like spring here in Montana and im so happy because im getting ready to plant flowers and have a little vegetable garden .im very excited .we just moved our trailer down to our own property last summer so was not able to do much last year but gonna make up for it this year . .you are always on my mind ...love chris

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited April 2014

hope some of our warm Northern CA sun is gracing Oregon. Hope you are comfortable.

Caryn

• bestbird
    bestbird Member Posts: 232
    edited April 2014

Hoping you are having a pain-free day and that gentle weather and much love surround you!

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri. Just thinking of you today. Rainy day in New York. Hope you weather is sunny, your couch comfy, your nurse kind and easy breathing today 

Love

Maureen

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited April 2014

Teri, 

Stopping in to give you my love and hugs.  I hope you are having peaceful, restful days.  We are all here with you, surrounding you with our love.

Gentle hugs, Amy

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

Yes, surrounding you with our love. What a lovely way to put it, but how true.  All of us are sending good thoughts to you for your peace and comfort. Sleep well. (((hugs))) Sarah

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited April 2014

Joining this beautiful circle of friends to send my love.  I hope you are enjoying some warm breezes and maybe even the smell of lavender this evening.  It got warm today in SoCal and I suspect it  was a bit warm where you are too.  Sleep well, Teri.

• Joysley
    Joysley Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2014

Sending love and prayers for pain free peaceful sleep. You are such a brave woman. We all admire you and wish peace and love when you touch the face of God. Goodnight sweet one. 

20130502 Member Posts: 162
    edited April 2014

Teri,

Checking in to send you a hug and butterfly kisses.  Did you ever do those.  They are where you blink your eye against someone's cheek so that they just barely feel it.  May you stay relaxed and pain free.

Lots and lots of love,

Janet

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited April 2014

hey Teri! I'm up early...thought I'd share this with you...

Hope that makes you smile! Sending love. Rest well friend.

• pantherlinn
    pantherlinn Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014

We are using hospice now.  They told me that even though the guidelines is 6 mo or less, they re-evaluate every six months.  DO NOT buy into their dx.  They have no way of knowing.  Also when they do their stats, it includes everyone that has passed even if it had nothing to do with bc.  So if someone was in tx, got hit by a car, they are included in the time frame.  AND, you could very easily be in the percentage that lived longer.  It is hard, but try to enjoy every moment.  If you can avoid spending time thinking about their stats.  Go do everything you ever wanted to do.  You may move slower or get a bit more tired, but try not to let it stop you. 

• Mompsych
    Mompsych Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri

Rainy day here in New York. Hope that sunshine abounds for you and you are cozy, comfortable and peaceful. Many hugs - Marian

• Hortense
    edited April 2014

"Go do everything you ever wanted to do." Such good advice. Here's hoping that we can follow it!

Good morning Teri, like others, I come by a few times a day to think about you and hope you are comfortable. It's damp, rainy and windy here today near the ocean, I'm hoping it will pass soon and clear up. I'm dreaming of planting flowers and veggies soon.

• macyhen111
    macyhen111 Member Posts: 402
    edited April 2014

Good Morning Teri, hope your day is peaceful and filled with sweet dreams. You are Loved my friend. Gentle Hugs to You. Cynthia

• aoibheann
    aoibheann Member Posts: 254
    edited April 2014

Hi Teri, wishing you peaceful days. Hugs

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited April 2014

Teri,

I know you are a the point where you are sleeping most of the time. I hope your dreams are sweet and that they take you where ever you want to go. May peace and comfort surround you.

Caryn