Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited May 2014

Hi Teri! I am joining everyone else to say hello this beautiful day. I hope you have been able to rest comfortably and also to have some fun with your caregivers when you are awake. I know your twinkle is still with you and you are probably enjoying giving them some good humored ribbing from time to time. I wish all of us could stop by to see you - That would be quite a crowd! - but since we can't, I will have to settle for sending you my best once again and telling you that I think of you often and hope you are at peace. Fondly, Sarah

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited May 2014

Sleep well. Sweet dreams.

Peace 

Cindi

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited May 2014

Hi Teri. Hope you are enjoying comfy couch and conversations with your man nurse. I hope your awake moments are peaceful and enjoyable. 

Love

Maureen

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited May 2014

Hi Teri--

It's been a glorious weekend here- bluest of blue skies, pleasant temperatures, low humidity and a gentle breeze.  I've planted my new vegetable garden, and am hoping for lots of tomatoes this summer.  Just have to find a way to keep the wascally wabbits away!

I hope you've had a peaceful weekend, and that you are able to enjoy some lovely spring days.  Wishing you sweet dreams and pain free days.  Sending gentle hugs.

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited May 2014

Janet - what breath-taking windows!  Thanks for sharing that with us.

Teri - just wanted  to let you know I'm thinking of you and hope your days are restful and peaceful.  Holding you close in my heart.  Rest and breathe easy, my friend.

Love and gentle hugs, Amy

• Tilda
    Tilda Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2014

Hi Teri,

Sending sunny warm thoughts from Florida and wish you peace and comfort.

Karin

• Vadre
    Vadre Member Posts: 159
    edited May 2014

Dear Teri, before I wrote to you this evening, I reread your original post. The one you wrote starting this thread. You spoke of feeling alone and asked for words of wisdom and hope. In your fear and loneliness you reached into the unknown and asked for someone to answer and we did!  This mixed bag of women who share your fear of loneliness and are looking for wisdom and hope. We are all right here, still reaching out to you and we will not stop. Thank you for calling in to the loneliness and collecting us. We will hold on to you and each other because you asked us to. Rest peacefully knowing that we are all here!

Virginia

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited May 2014

Coming back to join the circle of friends that you've created here, Teri.  I hope you are comfortable.  Sweet dreams.

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited May 2014

What an amazing circle of friends who gather here to hold you with love and to send hope for peace and comfort in each and every moment. And what an amazing woman you are to have shared yourself so openly with us and to have gathered us together. Thank you, Teri, for expanding our hearts and enriching our lives.

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited May 2014

Stopping by to say hello, give you a gentle hand squeeze and hug. I just want to say "me, too" to all the posts above about how you have created this wonderful group of friends, and to add my gratitude.

• chanah
    chanah Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2014

Teri, thank you for connecting us to become a circle of support and caring.

• macyhen111
    macyhen111 Member Posts: 402
    edited May 2014

Hi Teri, just stopped by to let you know you are always on my mind and in my Prayers. May your day be filled with sweet dreams and loving kindness from your caretakers. Love and Gentle Hugs to You, Cynthia

• Mompsych
    Mompsych Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2014

Hi Teri

Hope you are having sweet dreams! Thinking of you..

Marian

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited May 2014

Teri,

Just stopping by to say hi. Think of you often. Love the stain glass site. Stain glass is one of my most favorite things, and I plan trips just to view. In fact, it seems that I have been to about 1/3 of these places! I didn't realize that I was collecting so many of the best. Love the thought that each of us is a window, lit from within.

*susan*

• bestbird
    bestbird Member Posts: 232
    edited May 2014

Teri, I wanted to let you know that we just saw our first hummingbird of the season today!  We were concerned that he wouldn't find the feeder, which has been untouched for days, but he evidently not only has found it, but has laid claim to it by hiding in the bushes!  A typical guy, for sure!

Hoping you are having a serene and pain-free day!

• StillKicking
    StillKicking Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2014

Teri,

Count me as a friend on the outside looking in.  I've been following this since you first posted and am in awe of your strength.  May your days (and nights) be peaceful and painfree.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited May 2014

Hi ya Teri!   Sending (((((((hugs)))))))) from Australia!   

I am finally home for a few days......yipeeee!!!!!   It's a bout time too......lol.   This poor old body is telling me that it's time to get some rest so I guess I'd better do as I'm told and just do that.  I have been busy with appointments and then last weekend was our towns annual Antiques Fair so it was full on!  I''m slowly getting used to my new hearing aid but will be glad when it is fully adjusted.......only two more visits to go and then it's full steam ahead.

Hoping you are resting peacefully with little or nor pain.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited May 2014

Big, gentle hugs for you, Teri, from SoCal!  I hope you are able to enjoy the beautiful sunshine a little each day.  I have an outdoor sofa in my backyard and I go out there with a blanket and watch the hummingbirds and butterflies.  Two of my labs find a way to get up there with me too.  I love spring and summer and just being outside.  I hope you are able to feel the sunshine on your skin and just revel in the natural beauty that surrounds us.  

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited May 2014

I had to drive my 18 year old to high school this morning. I was teasing her that she was a weenie and a princess. I guess yesterday when she passed through the wooded alley way between our streets there was a raccoon sliding down a tree and they ended up being eye to eye and startled each other! The raccoon decided that was way too close and started hissing and growling and then came out of the tree fast chasing my kid. She yelled and waved her arms and took off, which made the raccoon stop and retreat. Well I guess this encounter has my kid spooked! She is not going through the alley way alone and Mom is driving.. really made laugh. We have possums, raccoons, skunks and even a noisy owl. I have to chase the ocassional bold heron out of our pond. The joys of living near woods!

May all the wild life frequent your window. I wish you comfort and peace. Joining everyone here in a group hug. 

Cindi

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777
    edited May 2014

Teri, I'm always thinking of you.  Here is a video that I hope that you will enjoy, bubble football.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=712481692131343%20%20&utm_source=newsletter_86&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter-05-03-2014

• macyhen111
    macyhen111 Member Posts: 402
    edited May 2014

Hi Teri wishing you a pain free, comfortable, sweet dreams filled day. You are Loved my Friend!!! Here is my part of the Group Hug (((((Hugs))))) !!!!

Love and Gentle extra hugs to you my dear, Cynthia

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2014

Gentle Hugs from Dix Hills, NY

Donna

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited May 2014

Hugs from Tennessee today! Hope you are having a nice spring finally like we are. Birds are migrating - we had a rose-breasted grosbeak visiting this week, such a lovely bird. 

• ronniekay
    ronniekay Member Posts: 657
    edited May 2014

(((((((HUGS)))))) from your sister on 1-5 North.  Hoping our hugs from around the world are keeping you surrounded in love!

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited May 2014

Gentle hugs and warm thoughts

• aoibheann
    aoibheann Member Posts: 254
    edited May 2014

Teri, {{hugs}} from Ireland.  Hope you are feeling comfortable and peaceful

• JimmieBell
    JimmieBell Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2014

Teri, big hugs and loves flying your way from Texas. Jold on tight, you are loved!

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited May 2014

I think of you every day, Teri, and send you my love...

Rose.

• shazzakelly
    shazzakelly Member Posts: 620
    edited May 2014

hugs from Auckland New Zealand Teri xx

• jocanuck1951
    jocanuck1951 Member Posts: 214
    edited May 2014

thinking of you Teri, big hugs!  Xoxoxox