Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited May 2014

Peace Teri

Sweetest of dreams

Hugs

Cindi

• aoibheann
    aoibheann Member Posts: 254
    edited May 2014

Thinking of you, Teri, and hoping you are comfortable. Gentle hugs

• kebab
    kebab Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2014

Just checking in to say hello Teri. 

My kids gave me a pet rock for Mother's Day last weekend (they know I don't have the energy for an actual animal). Each day when they go to school, I find a new place in the house for the rock to sit, so they'll think I'm not neglecting him while they're away. :) Today he's sitting here beside my computer desk, so Snowball the Rock is sending you good vibes today too.

Rest easy. You're in my thoughts.

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited May 2014

Just got back from a wonderful week in New Orleans with DH, and saw several goats enroute. Of course I immediately thought of Teri! It is truly springtime, and we drove 9 hours through TN, AL, MS, and LA to get there, through hills and farmland, saw lots of cattle and calves, lots of horses and of course, their babies, and all kinds of other farm animals. What I found interesting was that we saw no  hogs or pigs. I think they are all being raised in large "hog farm" buildings, away from where you can see them, because I really didn't see any, and I KNOW they have to be out there somewhere because bacon is on just about every breakfast menu as well as lunch and dinner menus at every restaurant! In any case, I have been thinking of you, hoping you are breathing easy, sleeping without pain. Sending much lovingkindness and gentle hand holding.

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited May 2014

Teri, As usual I checked out your photo, admired the twinkle in your eye, and smiled back at you. In your original post, you talked about feeling so alone. Now, here we all are, at more than 2050 posts--nine months later to the day--supporting you, sharing stories, and holding hope that you are comfortable and peaceful as well as feeling the lovingkindness of so many people who think of you often. May your heart and spirit feel the boundless light and warmth of love!

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited May 2014

Good evening Teri, from foggy eastern Long Island. I'm thinking about you this evening, which is also my wedding anniversary.  This night many years ago my husband and I snuck off to a wonderful Calypso Festival at Madison Square Garden in NYC right after our wedding, instead of leaving for our honeymoon. The dancing, music and costumes were upliftingly joyful and fabulous. I wish you some of that same joy. Love, Sarah

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2014

Good morning Teri.  Cleared up on Long Island and a beautiful morning.   Hugs dear friend.

Donna

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758
    edited May 2014

Teri,

For the past few weeks I've watched a very determined cardinal couple building a nest in a climbing rose that is right by my home office window. It is near one of my feeders and a birdbath, so I assume this seemed a priceless bit of real estate. I worried at first because the branches they chose seemed thin and precarious, but the nest now looks fairly substantial. I can tell when the female's in the nest because I can see her tail sticking out. 

I am working on writing lyrics for some songs and every time I play music on my desktop--which is mere inches from the window--Ms. Cardinal flies off in a huff. She returns the minute I turn it off, glares at me through the window, and settles back down on what I assume are eggs. 

Since you love Nature, I thought you'd like to hear about this little glimpse of it from my window.

Thinking of you,

Tina

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited May 2014

thoughts for a restful Saturday with some time to perhaps enjoy the spring

• Vadre
    Vadre Member Posts: 159
    edited May 2014

Its a beautiful, sunny day here in Williamsburg. Tina, I got a good laugh out of your story of Mrs Cardinal being offended by your music choices!  I have a hummingbird that buzzes me in,anger every time I mess with his feeder. I keep reminding him that I am feeding him!  Isn't playing with nature fun?

Terri, I hope you get to see & hear all the love that is coming your way. I think of you often during the day. Hoping you are comfortable and can see a bit of the beauty of nature which you love so much. 

💭{{{hugs}}}

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited May 2014

morning Terri beautiful day in wny. Hope your area is sunny today and very spring like. Think of you often and hope you are comfortable. Holding you in my heart and cyber holding your hand. Have a gentle and peaceful day dear friend

Love

Maureen

• macyhen111
    macyhen111 Member Posts: 402
    edited May 2014

Good Morning Teri, I hope you have a peaceful, calm and loving day today. As always with Gentle Hugs and Love, Cynthia

20130502 Member Posts: 162
    edited May 2014

Does Ms. Cardinal like it better if you perform the music live instead of on the desktop?

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited May 2014

Teri,

Thinking of you and sending love and light and prayers your way.  I hope you are having restful, comfortable, peaceful days.

Love and hugs, Amy

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited May 2014

Stopping by to say hello Terri. I hope you are sleeping very well and having very sweet dreams.

Amy

• macyhen111
    edited May 2014

Good Morning Teri, I'm being a little lazy today, still in bed. Wishing you a nice, peaceful Sunday surrounded by Love. As always Gentle Hugs and Love to You, Cynthia

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited May 2014

Hello Teri,  You are always on my mind and in my heart.  Wishing you peace and comfort.

• Linda-n3
    edited May 2014

Teri, here is what my herb garden looks like this morning. The little tiny bird sitting in the blue fescue grass still keeps watch, the columbines are nearly done, and I have no idea what those bright pink/red flowers are - something my sister gave me last year and they are just delightful! I need to do some trimming in the next few days if I find some left-over energy somewhere! Anyway, hope you enjoy this. As always, thinking of you and sending lovingkindness.

• Vadre
    Vadre Member Posts: 159
    edited May 2014

Good afternoon Teri! I'm sitting on my porch enjoying a cool breeze and the sounds of nature. I'm doing a bit of meditation, thinking calm, strong thoughts and sending them to you. I hope that you are resting comfortably and know that people, near and far, are sending love your way. Peace. 

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited May 2014

Just stopping by to let you know I'm thinking of you on this gorgeous Sunday.

• Linda-n3
    edited May 2014

Teri, I think the flowers are rose campion - just checked with my sister. She says they proliferate and spread a lot. Made me a little crazy to not be able to identify them properly for you (or for me!).

• Alive4Five
    Alive4Five Member Posts: 2,225
    edited May 2014

Teri- Thinking of you! Hope the sun was shining today for you! Stay comfortable and know lots of people here are sending thoughts and prayers to you!

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited May 2014

Thinking of you, Teri, as I do each evening. Hope you are resting comfortably and able to breathe easily. As others have said, the sun came out over New York and was soooo welcome. It made the water sparkle as the breeze whiffled across it and warmed our faces when we went outside. I have a mother barn swallow sitting on her mud nest at the top of a column of the porch over our front door. I can just see her head and the end of her long graceful tail. She is not terribly happy to see us, but as this must be the fourth year swallows have built their nests there I think they have learned to put up with us. Some times she hunkers down when we pass and other times she leaves, but she always comes back quickly. She's a pretty little thing. I hope you have been able to see the birds by you.

• macyhen111
    edited May 2014

Good Morning Teri, I hope you have a peaceful and Love filled Monday. Wishing you calming thoughts and sweet dreams full of memories with your Loved ones near. As always Gentle Hugs and Love, Cynthia

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited May 2014

The sun felt so wonderful today. If it's sunny, can someone take you outside, Teri? 

Sending love.

Leah

• Linda-n3
    edited May 2014

Teri, thinking of you today, as usual. Hoping you find that little twinkle for a moment or so today - maybe sun coming in the window, maybe a breeze if a window is open or you are able to go out for a bit, maybe birds singing. Today I slept late myself, finally got up about noon to finish writing some graduation cards and check on friends here on BCO. May your day be filled with lovingkindness, may you be free of pain, may you have moments of beauty and joy.

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited May 2014

Hi Teri, it's a long weekend here in Canada.  There will be fireworks tonight.  Wishing you easy breaths.

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited May 2014

Wishing you gentle days, easy breathing , surrounded by love

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777
    edited May 2014

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/woman-with-terminal-cancer-surprised-with-50-person-flash-mob-at-home-191130365.html

Cool story and video.  If we could all get together we would do this for you Teri.

• Linda-n3
    edited May 2014

OMG, MusicLover, I completely agree and would join you in a heartbeat to bring a flash mob like this to Teri!!!!! Teri, consider yourself at the beginning of a flash mob who loves and honors you and who are so grateful to you for bringing us together! Starting the dancing with MusicLover, others join in!