Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited May 2014

Always in my thoughts, dear Teri...

Rose.

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited May 2014

thinking of you Teri! I am recovering from this weekend...my son had a sleepover with 8 other little boys! Hope you are peacefully resting. Loves.

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited May 2014

Thinking of you Teri.  Hope you are resting, peacefully.

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited May 2014

It's past my bedtime, but I can not go to sleep without coming here and sending you my best wishes for your comfort, ease of breathing and that you are feeling loved by all those around you and by all of us on here who think of you so often. I know you got kicked out of Hospice once, so I have every belief that you are still twinkling your eyes at people and laughing at your situation. Cyber (((hugs))) to you Teri, sleep well. Fondly, Sarah

20130502 Member Posts: 162
    edited May 2014

hey Teri 

Hoping you had a peaceful Memorial Day.  Wishing I could send you some of the amazing strawberries I picked yesterday.  They were so good I went wild and picked thirteen pounds!!

Hugs to you always

Janet

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited May 2014

Hi Teri,

Sending loving thoughts to you .

MIchele

• macyhen111
    macyhen111 Member Posts: 402
    edited May 2014

Good Morning Teri I, I pray you have a relaxing day. Gentle Hugs and Love,  Cynthia

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited May 2014

Wishing you good thoughts and easy breaths. 

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited May 2014

I hope you are comfortable, Teri.

Sending love.

Leah

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    edited May 2014

Hi Teri,

I've been out of town for my daughter's wedding and just catching up with my favorite threads on BCO.  Wanted to stop in and wish you a peaceful night before I fall asleep here on the east coast.  Think of you often and hoping you are comfortable!

Hugs, Glenna

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited May 2014

good morning Terri. Hope you have a gentle day. Watching two cardinals in the bird bath this morning and thought about the simplicity of happiness. 

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited May 2014

Teri,

A gentle day and peaceful thoughts coming your way

Nel

• macyhen111
    edited May 2014

Good Morning Teri, Wishing you a loving, peaceful day. Full of comforting memories. Gentle Hugs and Love to You.

• Hortense
    edited May 2014

It's pouring straight down here, next to the Atlantic. But, it's lovely in its way. Everything is getting a needed drink - and roads are probably getting flooded. Actually, I am grateful for the rain as I managed to annoy my back somehow yesterday while hooking up a hose to water flowers I had just planted in some pots. I have been walking bent over like a crab ever since. Humph! I'm going to take a long, hot shower to see it that will help. 

I thought about you yesterday as I was poking around our barn, and I told my husband about your rescuing Forrest and giving him such good home for so long, then making sure he would be cared for after you could no longer do it. He thought what you did was wonderful, which it was. 

I hope you have been kept pain free and have been able to breath reasonably well. Best wishes, Sarah

• Hortense
    edited May 2014

I just called and spoke to the organization that is caring for Teri's horse Forest. Her story is on its Blog. Thank you, Bon, for bring it to our attention.

I was told Forrest is doing spectacularly well. He's gained a lot of weight and is turned out with a group of mares and is a very contented horse. For those who might want to donate to Forrest's care, the information is at its website: 

http://lostheartsandsouls.org

Donations can be made online at the website, or sent by check to:

Lost Hearts and Souls Horse Rescue

616 Hunter Lane

Santa Rosa, CA 95404

It's phone number is: 707-479-5639

• macyhen111
    edited May 2014

Thank you for the info Hortense.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited May 2014

I know that Teri said she gave her brother instructions to let us know, but I am getting nervous and anxious. Maybe it's just the passing of anacortesgirl today. I am feeling so out of sorts.

Caryn

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2014

Caryn I know what you mean.  Crissy's passing has upset me so and missing Teri.  Went to the horse blog today.  

Donna

• macyhen111
    edited May 2014

Anacortes passed today?? I also wonder sometimes about our Teri.I am hoping that her brother will inform us if and when she passes. 

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2014

Ladies here is an answer from Zebs Equine Sanctaury

My dears....all you need to do to let Terri know that you are thinking
    about her is to lift your eyes up and tell her. Terry passed away last
    month, blessedly knowing that Forrest and her pups have all ended up in
    loving homes.

Thank you so much for being part of the village that helped one woman and all of her furry family to find peace.

Ask my best,

Suzi

Zebs wish equine sanctuary

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited May 2014

Heartbroken  

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited May 2014

Sending love and hugs your way Teri!

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited May 2014

I looked for an obit but didn't find anything...not that I'm a good researcher or anything. For the last couple weeks I kind of felt different posting here...like not as connected as before. 

This is the thread that seriously restored my faith in human compassion. Thank you Teri and everyone else! Love to all. And Teri, I will check up on Forrest every once in a while :)

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited May 2014

Kjones, I know what you mean about a "different feeling" here lately. So quiet. May our blessed Teri rest in peace; I am happy for her that she was able to take care of her animals, that she is finally free from the difficulties breathing and pain that she was experiencing. Broken heart doesn't even begin to describe my feelings, as I am sure most of you are having similar experience right now reading these posts. Sending special lovingkindness to all who have been here supporting Teri these last months.

Sad

• exbrnxgrl
    edited May 2014

I had an intuitive feeling that she might be gone. I tried to research a bit but I didn't know her last name. I wonder when she actually passed away? Today has not been a good. Learning of the passing of three of our members. We always know it's lurking in the shadows but it's not any easier when it happens.

Caryn

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited May 2014

Oh no! This is simply too much to take. Selfishly I've been hoping for a little word from her again, not wanting to have her slip away just yet. RIP dear Teri. I am so sorry your life was cut short by this hideous disease.  RIP

W are so heartbroken yet again - 

Amy

• exbrnxgrl
    edited May 2014

she last signed in on 5/12, but hadn't posted since 4/23. I feel like it would be important, to me, to know when she passed. Could the equine rescue folks give out that info ?

• macyhen111
    edited May 2014

God Bless You Teri. RIP Sweet Lady!!!! 

• pteney
    pteney Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2014

On page 12 of this thread Teri gave the link to her artwork. Her info listed there says her name is Teri Hansen and I tried to find anything and could not. I have really found this thread comforting in how many of us helped each other, not just Teri.  Warm Canadian hugs to all, Patti

http://ticklecreekstudio.weebly.com/

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited May 2014

So sad...