Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• macyhen111
    macyhen111 Member Posts: 402
    edited May 2014

Thank You so Much Bon for that. Good Morning Teri, I loved seeing and reading about the journey your Beautiful Forrest has taken. May your day be filled with Loving memories of the Loves of your life. You are one special lady who even though I don't  know you personally I have such  Love and Respect for you. As always, Gentle Hugs and Love to You Sweet Lady, Cynthia

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited May 2014

well said Sarah.  Teri   wishing you gentle loved fill days

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited May 2014

thank you Bon! Teri--what a beautiful horse! Love him! And he and my husband share the same name :) I love the picture of him listening to you! They never forget. What a great story. Love, love, love being sent your way!

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited May 2014

Oh my gosh, I am in tears reading this loving story of Teri and Forrest. I had horses too and know that once they're in your heart, they're there forever.  Thanks Bon for sharing this.  It's so precious!  Teri you are quite a woman.  I wish I could have met you in person but for now, I'll say how do you do! Stay comfortable and secure knowing you have lots of fans all around the world.  With loving kindness, Amy (a sucker for all animals)

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited May 2014

Teri. True love in its purest form is Forrest and you. Hope you are resting and in no pain. You lifted my hopes and heart that everything truly will be ok 

20130502 Member Posts: 162
    edited May 2014

Bon and Teri what a wonderful story.  Your animals are so well brought up to call home.  Even my two legged children don't do that.  WE just got our new Seeing Eye trainee today (7 wks old).  Her name is Rana (not sure how to pronounce that).  Molly is very excited to have a new baby sister.  So  excited that she is a tad rough but I am sure she will calm down.

Janet

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    edited May 2014

I loved reading the story about Forest. Have a gentle rest tonight Teri. 

• bestbird
    bestbird Member Posts: 232
    edited May 2014

Teri, wishing you a day with sun streaming through your window and lovely fragrant breezes brightening you day!

• Tilda
    Tilda Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2014

Bon, Love the story thank you for sharing.! Teri I hope you are having a restful and pain free day.  Karin

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited May 2014

I am so glad you posted the story of Teri and Forrest, Bon. Thank you for including the website. I am going to go to it and arrange to make a donation for Forrest's care in honor of Teri. I had a sweet old mare who had been on the track, then used as a field hunter, show horse and goodness knows what else until she broke down and was bred and produced foals. We had bought one of her foals as two year old in Virginia, and loved it so much that I searched until found its mother, who by then had been sold to a farm in Kentucky. She had a yearling by her side by the same sire as my horse making them full siblings. We bought both mare and yearling and shipped them east. Mother horse definitely remembered her older off spring when she saw her, even though it had been more than two years, so horses do have memories. We kept all three for the rest of their lives. 

I have no horses now, but I can not imagine how hard it must have been for Teri, dealing with all that she was, to have put so much thought and effort into finding Forrest a forever home. What a big heart she must have to have found such a wonderful group to care for him. Hats off to you Teri!!

• macyhen111
    edited May 2014

Good MorningbTeri, I am still smiling and thinking of you and Forrest and your great Love for each other. I pray you are having a pain free and peaceful day with wonderful memories and dreams of your sweet Forrest. Gentle Hugs and lots of Love to You.

• Vadre
    Vadre Member Posts: 159
    edited May 2014

I am so glad to know the story of Teri and Forrest. Thank you for sharing it. Hortense, I think your idea of making donations for Forrest's support in Teri's honor is wonderful!  Finally something "real" I can do for Teri!

I hope you are having a lovely, Spring day. Free of pain and filled with happy memories. 

Virginia

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited May 2014

Teri, thinking of you today as the rain hits the roof of my sunporch making a lovely rhythm, then the sun peeks out from the clouds again and the only sound is the birds chattering. I can hardly believe it has been 7 months since you were making arrangements for Forrest and Deuce and the other animals. Bon, thanks for posting this - what a great way to reminisce and remember the love between Teri and Forrest. 

• aoibheann
    aoibheann Member Posts: 254
    edited May 2014

Good evening Teri. I loved reading all about Forest, it's such a happy story. I hope you sleep well tonight. {{hugs}}

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited May 2014

hi Terri. Just stopping in to tell you I'm thinking of you and holding your cyber hand 

Love

Maureen 

• chris1959
    chris1959 Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2014

bon

that was wonderful really enjoyed looking and reading about it ,teri I hope your days are filled with pain free times and you are able to enjoy some of the beautiful weather ...                                                   love chris

• Hortense
    edited May 2014

Hi Teri! It's raining here, but perhaps it isn't where you are on the West coast. If so, there is supposed to be an extraordinary meteor shower to night between 2 and 4 am EST. I don't know what that works out to be PST, but if you do, perhaps you can look out the window towards the north and see some shooting stars!

Love, Sarah

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited May 2014

Too cloudy here in Oregon to see that meteor shower! Shut your eyes and dream of shooting stars. 

Peace to you.

Hugs Cindi

Bon thank you for the Forest update. It was wonderful.

• macyhen111
    edited May 2014

Hi Teri, I hope you have a nice peaceful day surrounded by Love. Gentle Hugs and Love, Cynthia

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited May 2014

Thinking about you, Teri.  As I look out my bedroom window, the first morning light is peeking over the hills.  Can you can hear the birds chirping?  I am feeling the hope that this new day brings.

• Linda-n3
    edited May 2014

Good morning, Teri. I was thinking of you and all the other wonderful group here as I did a little gardening this morning. I trimmed back some herbs that want to take over more than their fair share of space, put some of them in flower vases and have some lovely arrangements inside that smell terrific! I have some lemon verbena and a few Shasta daisies - they look lovely and smell lovely and it just brings the outside magical air inside. Wish I could bottle it up and send it to you, Teri. Rest well, today, my friend, know that you are loved and remembered each day.

• Hortense
    edited May 2014

Indeed, you are loved and remembered as Linda-n3 said. I think of you during the day when something reminds me of you, and I hope that you are feeling safe, comfortable and cared for by those around you. I hope you are not troubled by thoughts of paperwork or worries about anything at all, for that matter, and that your caregivers lift your spirits when you are awake with amusing conversation or enjoyable reminiscences of things past. I send you my best wishes for peace and comfort. Sarah

• Mompsych
    Mompsych Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2014

thinking of you and sending warm hugs -matian

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited May 2014

Never too far from my thoughts

• macyhen111
    edited May 2014

Gentle Hugs and Love to You, Teri.

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited May 2014

Hi Teri--

Thinking of you, and sending wishes for easy breathing, pain-free days, and pleasant dreams.  Love and hugs!

• Vadre
    Vadre Member Posts: 159
    edited May 2014

Teri,

I have favorite cousins visiting for the weekend. We went to lunch today, sitting at a table watching the River, enjoying each other's company and a few, good beers. I thought what fun it would be to gather this group together in the sunshine and visit over food & drink. You are never far from my thoughts or heart. {{{hugs}}} sweet friend. 

Virginia

• macyhen111
    edited May 2014

Hi Teri, wishing you a peaceful Memorial Day. Gentle Hugs and Love to You.

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited May 2014

Hi, Teri,

I think it's been about a month or so since you last posted, and I hope that you know--whether by reading this topic, having another read it to you, or somewhere deep inside--that you are being held with hope, love, and tender remembrance by all who care for you here. Keeping you in my thoughts, hoping for peace in mind/body/spirit, constant comfort, and an abiding awareness of love.

• Linda-n3
    edited May 2014

Joining the chorus sending you loving thoughts, hoping you have a few moments of joy and beauty each day.