Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited February 2014

Hey everybody! Did you hear Seattle is having a parade tomorrow in honor of Jeannie getting nipples on Friday?!!! 

I got my balloons!  Shhhhh....don't tell Jeannie. It's a surpise. Be there on 4th avenue at 11 am tomorrow!!!  

If you want you can cheer for the Seahawks too, but it's really in honor of Jeannie. 

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited February 2014

Love the picture, blue! Perfect for jeannie's fipples day!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited February 2014

Ha, Bluebird! You crack me up! It would be cool to get a balloon bouquet like that! We are thinking about going to "my" parade. It will be very cold and crazy-crowded, neither of which I am looking forward to. We'll see.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited February 2014

I love a parade!!!

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited February 2014

We'll have one for sure at our retreat.........Shocked

• bailey6760
    edited February 2014

Oh yes we will!!!! 

What's the news on the retreat, friends? Where are we at on this?

And Blue, I adore your tagline.....you certainly have.....you're like a Weeble.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited February 2014

jeannie....go to the parade...somethings you never know if you'll get the chance for the "experience" again. Awesome balloons...!!!!!!!

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Yeah, now we're thinking we won't. Getting there and getting back could take ALL DAY in sub-freezing temps with a breeze. And we're talking about the bus, not the car. You know Seattle---traffic-challenged on a normal day. Up to 500,000 people are expected......

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited February 2014

Jeannie...watch on TV....in the comfort of your WARM home....Loopy

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Can't decide! We could go down there and just come home if it's too cold and crazy....I have the clothes to stay warm. However, I AM trying to save some energy for getting NIPPLES! 2 more sleeps....

• nihahi
    edited February 2014

jeannie....it's your year to start having reasons to celebrate....hopping on the bandwagon of your local team is totally part of the picture. Have a tailgate party in the comfort of your living room....but celebrate each and every victory you come across! Anyway....that's mho. 

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

We're hopping a bus bright and early and we'll see how it goes! Just wanting to soak up some of that positive energy of the other "Twelves" rather than witnessing it, for once.

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

witnessing it via video screen, I should have said.

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

on our way!   SEA-HAWKS!

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited February 2014

Go, jeannie, Go!

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited February 2014

Enjoy Jeannie!!! Yeeee haaaaa!!!!

• FierceBluebird
    edited February 2014

Woo hoo Jeannie!

New nipples on their way!

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

hahaha!  I have never been so cold in my life, waited four hours in 20 degrees but was right next to the vehicles. I could have shaken Paul Allen's hand (owner). The players were in open air "Ducks" and they were freezing but happy, too. Everyone pretty much behaved themselves around us. We were part of something big and communal for just a moment and it was fun. Now to eat and find a bus home in this zoo.

• nihahi
    edited February 2014

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT JEANNIE!!  Celebrations, being part of an "energy".....there is something so positive, uplifting and "communal" about it. I bet the trials and struggles of the past tough times rarely came to the front of your mind while you were there, eh! I hope we all find ways to catch moments of celebration this year!

Back in frosty Alberta....-27 today...but, it's good to be home too.

Happy Olympics everyone, may the best athletes win, may they all compete in the true spirit of the Olympics, may we see some spectacular examples of what dedication, talent and the "magic of the moment" can create, may the world leave politics out of it, 

• bailey6760
    edited February 2014

I LOVE THE OLYMPICS! I am so excited to watch!

• liefie
    edited February 2014

Bailey, me too! I love the figure skating and the ski jumping. Nihahi, like you I pray politics will leave well alone.

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited February 2014

Jeannie - I'm so excited for you and your Valentine's nipples. I hope that tomorrow is more exciting than it is scary. I'll be thinking about you!

Janet

• FierceBluebird
    edited February 2014

Me too. Good luck tomorrow Jeannie!

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Thank you!!! I am mostly excited. I do regret taking two Advil for a neckache. I guess I won't bleed to death...this very minute, DH is shouting, "Tomorrow is nipplefication day!"  I love that guy.

• bailey6760
    edited February 2014

Hahaha! Thinking of you, Jeannie, in your pockets. Tell DH that's a good one ;)

• liefie
    edited February 2014

You go Jeannie! May you wake up with the nipples of your dreams, and tell DH we want a verbatim report of your exchanges with Wilbur!

I'm on my way to a yoga class this time of the evening. DH decided he wants to start yoga too, so I'm going with him tonight seeing that it will be his first time ever. Will be interesting to see how he handles it.

• nihahi
    edited February 2014

tammy......getting caught up on the "news"....gosh, sure hope you're not one of the Penn people without power!!!!! Stay warm!

jeannie and liefie....sounds like a couple of "enlightened" hubbies! 

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Liefie, sadly, Wilbur will not be there. I will be fully conscious in PS's procedure room. PS said we will talk the whole time. I think I'll be listening to him more than talking....I really hope I don't freak out. I'll try lorazepam again but it did nothing to me before. I really am excited! 

• liefie
    edited February 2014

Sad to hear Wilbur will not be in the picture, Jeannie, and I hope that PS has lots of interesting topics to distract your attention - TOWANDA!

DH enjoyed the yoga, and I was amazed that he is way more flexible than I thought.

We are still struggling at this late hour to decide how and where to pack everything that we want to take with to Alberta tomorrow. I prepared some food to take with, and it seems DH will be packing a plastic container with mustard sauce into his carry-on suitcase. There's no room in the cooler for that, so will just hope for the best. LOL.

On Feb. 7, 2012, I had the mastectomy. DH spent his birthday on Feb. 8 next to my bed in hospital. Chemo, rads and reconstruction surgery were still ahead of me then. Today, two years later, all this is way behind me, life is so good, and I am eternally grateful for the second chance I have been given.

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Yay, Liefie! We are in a similar place. 2012.

I went to bed, had bad dreams, woke up worrying about low BP. Sudden low BP can cause the permanent loss of vision I have experienced. I don't want that to happen again. Headline: "Woman goes blind after getting nipples!"  Sheesh. Off to my 2nd try at sleep.