Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited February 2014

hugs jeannie....You've got this!!!! Are you allowed to drink a coffee or a coke before niptime?? That should give your bp a bit of a buzz. I should think a bit of anxiety would work in your favour too!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited February 2014

Nihahi, I am on my way and I am drinking tea. I had eggs for breakfast and am working on hydration, too. I did not take lorazepam. I can't believe how excited I am!

• nihahi
    edited February 2014

woohoo jeannie.....sounds like you are doing great on a "celebration buzz"! I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

• nihahi
    edited February 2014

liefie.....how in the world do you get all that stuff through security????

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited February 2014

Nihahi, we fortunately realized that the mustard sauce in the hand luggage will set off alarm bells. So it will have to go in another suitcase. As for the food in the cooler, it is a domestic flight, and we will book it through. I see people flying with coolers all the time as long as you don't try to take a cooler into the USA. My big suitcase is filled to the brim with baby stuff - grandma went to town, literally. So the rest of my belongings  will be spread out over the other suitcases - will avoid the one with the sauce in it though - LOL! DD also requested that we bring the dainty English porcelain tea set that she inherited from my MIL . . . an interesting journey it will be. See you on Monday - yayyyy!!!

Jeannie, hopefully you're being attended to, and is listening to a great PS story as we speak. All the best to you!

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited February 2014

I went for a lovely, lovely walk in our rare snowfall......it will be gone much too soon.......Sad

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Pretty, Movie. We just have cold, breezy and dry. 

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited February 2014

Movie - How beautiful Oregon looks in the snow! Lovely pictures. Is that your neighbourhood?  If you ever feel like you want even more snow - come to Canada. We're up to our eyeballs in snowbanks sub zero temperatures,  and nobody is too happy. However, one thing I know for certain, is that resisting something makes it worse. So rather than snuggle under my duvet tomorrow, I'm going to get up at the crack of dawn and go cross country skiing. I'm going to embrace winter!

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Good for you, Janet! Better you than me, though...

• nihahi
    edited February 2014

Lovely pics, Movie...!

Janet....I'm "resisting" tomorrow....forecast is for windchills of -31. I'll be watching other people play in the snow at the Olympics.

• Moviemaniac
    edited February 2014

Janet, it is indeed my neighborhood.....I live very close to, but not on, a lake.  I walked for 4 miles today....would've stayed out longer, but was getting tired from tramping through the snow!  Snow is rare enough here near Portland Oregon that it is a special treat....as it doesn't usually stay for long......people here don't like to drive in it,(I don't mind) and we don't have a lot of equipment to deal with it, so many roads are almost "virgins".....as folks (if they drive at all) tend to stick to the main roads........tonight, it all turned to freezing rain.....Bawling

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited February 2014

Movie so glad you enjoyed your snow treat! It's no treat here, unfortunately. We've grown weary of white-knuckle driving.

Here is a pic out my work office window...I think we will need to shovel the windows soon!

• nihahi
    edited February 2014

from another thread....

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Nihahi, love it, even with the plot twists. Turning the page.

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited February 2014

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to all of my breast friends. Florida has been good to me and I am enjoying the sun and warmer climate. I am biking, walking, swimming, and trying to play some tennis. My shoulder is much better due to moving and cod liver oil. 

My grand baby is due in 5 weeks and my grand daughter turned 3 on Feb. 8. Life is moving along and it is good. 

Is there a date in Sept. yet? I am hoping to combine this with a trip to visit my son in Seattle. I am 75% there, if I can work all of this out. Meeting all of you would be a wish come true.

I have not been posting or reading due to having too much fun here in Vero Beach. However, I think of you ladies often. Love you all.

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited February 2014

Good Morning Girls - Here's the cross country ski report. Got up, NOT at the crack of dawn. Picked up my sister and began the 90 minute drive to the ski club. Driving was super slow because of the falling snow, and we got lost. Stopped at a small town pub for breakfast. Ended up ordering shrimp with garlic bread, and watching figure skating on the TV at the bar. Fabulous! Contemplated spending the afternoon at the pub. Didn't. Finally got to our destination at 2:30. Skied for two hours. By the way Goldie - I did the whole 'layering' thing and I'm not a pro like Nahahi. So I was uncomfortable combination of sweat, cold, and overheating. Being out in the quiet though - was blissful!

On the drive home we started feeling stiff. Stopped at the drugstore on the way home and bought Epsom salts. Was running the bath before I even had my coat off. I tried to embrace winter, but this year, I really really hate it. Brrrrr.

• bailey6760
    edited February 2014

I love you, Janet. 

Cherrie! I've been wondering about you! Sounds like all good news. 

Ok ladies when are we going to Sunriver? Let's pick a date. I want to book a flight!!!

• nihahi
    edited February 2014

crap crap crap......just got a phone call, my PS can't make the appointment today, so I have to reschedule!!!!! I am now committed to some Red Cross stuff for the next three weeks, so I can't book anything until early March. Although I accept things happen..... I am so disappointedSad.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited February 2014

Good morning, ladies.  I've missed all of you for the last few days--been in Arizona celebrating my mom's 90th birthday. 

Beautiful photos, Movie!  I would so love to stomp around in some of that snow with you!

Yeah, what shall we do with our Sunriver plans? 

• bailey6760
    edited February 2014

• Moviemaniac
    edited February 2014

Jumping in to say "Hi".......I say let's keep it for the same date we had before.....was it Sept. 20th...or the next weekend.....LIefie is going to Europe the first 2 weeks of September...and I want her to come....why don't we take a count?  Tell me which weekend works best....(check airfares, if they are available) and post here.....I will start looking for accommodations...based on the # of ladies "in"....gotta run.....have to take care of my Mom...she is getting worse by the dayBawling

XO

• bailey6760
    edited February 2014

Sbel glad to see you here. I was missing you! Celebrating your mom's 90th birthday...what a special thing! 

Movie, sorry about your mom :( prayers for her and you.

I'm am in for Sun River. Either of the last two weekends of September works for me. So either the 19th or the 26th.

I'm going to check on flights now!

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Sbel, how blessed you are to have had your mom for so long.  Mine is 87 so hopefully we will be celebrating her 90th in a few years.

Movie, sorry about your mom. Sad You are a saint to be taking care of her.  I am free either September weekend but it's so hard to make plans given our situation...I really want to be there.

Bailey, wow, I am going to claim that weight when I am weighed at the Dr.'s office!

Janet, it's impressive that you left the warm pub for the cold snow!  I hope you are not too sore today.  I sure am looking forward to getting in better shape soon at the LiveStrong class.  I just can't jiggle these nips for the first week which is next week.

Nihahi, I'm sorry for the postponement!  I always fret about that when I have a date coming up.  I have been lucky, especially when my stage II was scheduled just two weeks after my appt. when we talked about it.  I did have my gyno postpone because she was sick, which was a-ok with me.  I want to remain healthy for as long as possible.  I hope you can get the soonest date possible.

Cherrie, so good to hear from you!  I am trying not to be jealous and just HAPPY for you that you are active outside and having a great time.  You have earned it and you deserve it. I realize you may not even read this.....

• bailey6760
    edited February 2014

I cannot look at flights because I am doing 8th grade chemistry homework :(

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Bailey, your brain really does weigh a lot!!!

• nihahi
    edited February 2014

Movie.....just want to say "you are amazing", what you do for your mom is something very special. Sending hugs.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited February 2014

I would love to join you ladies and can be available anytime in September.  I will combine it with a trip to see my son in Corvallis, Oregon.  Just name the date!

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

A moving on kind of day: my gardening group is coming over tomorrow. I made quinoa-egg-cheese mini-muffin bites but they came out tasting like salt licks. So I had to make them twice, in between a trip to my wonderful dermatologist who told me my various weird rashes were just excema due to stress. Yeah, you think???? On the way home, Coldplay's "I Will Fix You" came on the radio. It has always made me cry since FBC but today, with boobs and nipples, I laughed because I feel "fixed!" There are other parts of me that could use some fixing but those things aren't going to kill me like FBC would have. Hubby is on an important job phone interview this very minute and we are going out tonight to meet with new and old friends.  It's a moving on kind of day. I love you ladies!

• bailey6760
    edited February 2014

Yay, Jeannie, good things....praying for that job!

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited February 2014

Hooray Jeannie! So happy for you.

I made a wonderful jicama citrus salad tonight and egg cheese potato puffs.  Double yummy! Jicama is my new favorite thing. I didn't even know what jicama was until I found one in my supermarket.