Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Doing the NEAD dance, I just got back from the oncologist, nothing is lighting up on the petscan, I'm so happy right now.

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698

Congratulations, Kittykat! Doing a happy dance with you. Maybe someone else will show up and we can start a conga line!.

What wonderful news. Made you dance with Lt. NED for a long, long time.

Trish

• kittykat9876

Thanks so much Trishyla, a conga line sounds good, might have to get Mel to play the drums till her toe heals though. Everyone is probably still asleep, it's 2pm Thursday afternoon down here but I was too excited to wait.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

KittyKat— Congrats on NED!!!

Joining your congo line.

What great news!!

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

Yay Kitty. Drum solo coming up! Cong

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,462

Pocket duty for Kitty and Mel and myself today. Getting MRI results this afternoon. Hopeful they will be good but want results before assuming anything.

• kittykat9876

In your pocket Mara, I hope your results are as good as mine.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Kittykat, Congratulations on such wonderful news. WOOHOO!

I am ready for pocket duty today. I made some delicious blueberry muffins.

Candy, Are you okay?

Lynne

• kittykat9876

I'm worried about Candy as well. I reached out to her but I haven't heard back, I know she was having family issues, hopefully she just needs some space to work through it.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,044

Great news, Kitty! Joining in the conga line.

Candy-If you are lurking, just say you're here. You don't need to talk about anything. The last time we didn't hear from you, you were in the hospital, so of course we worry. Hope you are ok.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

Woohoo, Kitty!

Pocket duty for Mara and Mel (toe day? Or am I behind a day? )

You're in our thoughts, Candy. I hope your insurance issues are sorted out. :(

• micmel

I have her phone number but I don’t want to intrude. Last time I was missing. She called me. I don’t know what to do but I’m worried. we will wait a sufficient amount of time then I’ll try.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,955

Mel, I would reach out. The last time she was on saysJuly 25. We do worry when we miss someone.

• micmel

I’ll try as soon as they cut my toenail out

• micmel

I reached out to Candy. She is taking care of her sister during the day while she is hospitalized. Too tired at night to do anything other than what she can do. She's trying to focus her energy on her family. She said she's thinking of us all and loves us all. She did say it was a serious situation. Hopefully her sister will be ok. I hope they both will get some rest and be able to return to home. Just wanted to post an update.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Pocket duty for Mara and Mel.

Kitty congrats on great news.

Hang in there Candy you are missed!

Waving hello to all.

Tanya

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

Kitty - what wonderful news! so happy for you!

Mel - good luck with the toenail

Mara - pocket duty!

Candy - sounds like lots going on for you, hang in there & remember to take care of yourself too!

not much new here. My ds had a friend over yesterday for a bit which is a nice change from the covid lockdowns. Olive has totally forgotten how to behave around guests so that is a new challenge for us. Ds & I also rushed around cleaning a bit before his friend coming and I was saying he needs to invite people more often to motivate us to straighten this place up lol

I'm having some new agility gear arriving in the next few days so I'm excited that Olive and i will be playing with some new stuff.

Immunotherapy IV tomorrow plus dh is taking one of the car's in for scheduled maintenance but he doesn't want to hang around there so we're driving down in 2 cars, going home in 1 & then in reverse. I think I'm going to spend most of tomorrow either sitting in a car or sitting in the infusion center. I'll have flat butt.

my latest reel is about love/hate with chemo https://www.instagram.com/reel/CR4LCerAKjo/?utm_so...

hugs everyone

• kittykat9876

Thanks for letting us know Mel, Candy, I hope your sister will be OK. We are all sending our strength and love.

• GoKale4320
    GoKale4320 Member Posts: 580

Kittykat - NED, that is fabulous news! Love it!

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,955

Mel, I hope your toe is better and there is no pain.

Thank you so much for reaching out to Candy. I hope she knows how much we care. I’m so sorry her sister is having issues. I will be thinking of her.

Kitty, congratulations on NEAD. With all you’ve been going through, you deserve some good news.

Pocket duty, Mara and anyone else who needs it.

• kittykat9876

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments it means a lot to me

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Candy,

I’m thinking happy thoughts of better days for both you and your sister.

You already know how your “other” sisters here feel about you, so I’d like to add that God knows exactly what you need to sustain you. Lean on Him. He will direct your path.

Big hugs from FL,

Laurie

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Kitty,

What wonderful news for you. You deserve good news. You’ve been in and out of the hospital a lot lately, so I am very happy that you are on the mend in a big way! Keep up the NEAD

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

moth: You made me chuckle. I decided the upside of Covid is I could relax about some housekeeping "duties". Clean floors, counters, appliances, kitty litter -- absolutely they get done but if a little dust collects on a shelf for a day or three --shrug, I'll get to it.

KittyKat: YAY yay yay on NEAD.

booboo: belated birthday wishes. I hope you get a long run at feeling well and enjoying time with loved ones.

Mara: will pop back into see how your MRI went.

Pocket duty for everyone

• micmel

the battle of the toe is over. Had the toe nail removed. It wasn’t pleasant by any means. But it’s over with and now I can be on the mend. The stuff can be painful. The needles were rough.

• mara51506

Mel, glad the toenail is off and hopefully this gives relief for you.

Kitty, happy to hear NED for you.

I walked to and from the hospital stopping at a grocery store along the way there for tea. It was pretty hot, 95 was the real feel. I made it, although had a red sweaty face. Thankfully the cancer clinic was nice and cool.

My scan was not as good as usual. They saw some enhancement at the edge of the surgical site of my craniotomy. That is where all the brain mets have been located. She assured me she did not really think it was more mets but I have to go for another scan in 3 months versus 6 to make sure. I asked what treatment they would give if it is progression, she felt she could safely radiate again which surprised me since that area was done twice but she said that my brain has most likely healed enough for super focused radiation should the need arise, surgery may also be an option too. We will see in 3 months. The fact she could not be sure makes me feel less anxious.

Edited to add, I do feel better that the enhancement is in the same area as the original 10 cm met and not all over the brain and am not going to worry about this scan as worrying will drive me crazy. Unless I start feeling unwell related to brain symptoms, there is nothing to worry about today.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Is today your 5th MBC anniversary Mara?

Congrats on NED Kitty!

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Mara, I wish your scan had been 100% clear without any enhancements, but all-in-all, it sounds pretty good to me. Hopefully, the new scan in three months will be completely positive. If not, you will get a plan in place and move forward, right?

Mel, I am glad that your toe nail has been taken care of. Now it’s time to take it easy and heal.

Candy, You and your sister are in my prayers. As you have already been told, make sure you take care of yourself. It is far too easy for the caregiver or family member to spend so much time taking care of the patient that they neglect their own basic needs.

Runor, Are you still safe?

Lynne

• mara51506

Kitty, I have been in treatment for 6 and a half years and the met grew in 2016, this is 5 years with visible mets. They were radiated with whole brain radiation 5 years ago. A couple of mets showed up in the same area and were radiated using local radiation. Never had mets elsewhere. My RO said I am doing quite well. I am going to assume I am fine til told otherwise as I am not having any symptoms. I know I have been lucky with cancer all things considered.

Lynne, yes I would get a new plan, as I said my RO thought surgery or more radiation might be options if it was superfocused and the area was fully healed. I don't mind either option either. I am just glad the mets are not all over the brain.

Edited to add, Kitty, I did not even realize it was an anniversary. This was the day my 10 cm brain met was found. My MO says I had cancer cells that were too small to see given the fact I am NED from the neck down and have been since 2015. If the drugs had crossed, I likely would have been NED all along up in my brain. Happy anniversary for me. Even though I should not, I think a celebration is in order of today, going to order out as another treat.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,044

Mara,

I agree with your philosophy of not worrying until you have to. It might be nothing so why spend the next three months worrying, especially since you aren't having any symptoms?