Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ringworm drug for dogs (Fenbendazole) might also cure cancer

Options

Comments

• Frisky
    Frisky Member Posts: 1,686
    Options

More disturbing news regarding the land of the brave and the free....

The US allows 1,300 chemicals banned by Europe to be used in cosmetics. Why?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/22/chemicals-in-cosmetics-us-restricted-eu

Across a span of cosmetics, including makeup, toothpaste and shampoo, to items ranging from household cleaners to fruit juice to cheese, hundreds of potentially harmful ingredients banned in the EU are legally allowed in the US.

Many Americans are unaware that they are absorbing untested and unsafe chemicals in their products," said Alex Bergstein, a state senator who put forward the Connecticut legislation. Bergstein was previously the chair of the Mount Sinai Children's Environmental health center.

• Frisky
    Options

Cure-ious...I have a bit of news for you...MSK has only one other patient taking this drug so far...and they would not tell me how many patients dropped out the trial all together...

When I questioned the wisdom of putting me on a untested medication during a LOOOOGGGG holiday weekend...I was told that my MO wants to start ASAP...

I told them that I would undergo the trial out of respect and trust for my MO, BUT at the first sign that my health is in jeopardy and my needs are being neglected I would leave the trial...and not do Doxil...

What say yee....my dear...?? Am I crazy or wise

• snooky1954
    snooky1954 Member Posts: 850
    Options

Oh, Miaomix, please be careful!  

Although I do understand you not wanting IV chemo.  My infusion on Mon. was the stuff of nightmares.    I don't have a port (stubborn)  So Mon during TX I fell asleep in the chair all snug up in covers.  Nurses could not see my IV.  When I woke up and pulled out my arm from under the covers, a vein had blown.  Had a bump by IV at least as large as an egg and twice as long.  They stopped treatment and now my arm is beet red.  All that awful poison is ????? well, I don't know what it's doing.  Got to go back to ONC tomorrow so he can check it out.   Needless to say, they are putting a lot of pressure to get a port.   I don't want it.  FENBEN is going to work.  Positive thinking remember. 

I"m so sorry you asked a question about YOUR treatment and here I am going on and on about mine.

I do wish you the best, follow your gut.  

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    Options

Mia, I am a believer that all of these chemicals we use on/in products, food, plants, animals, etc. is what is giving so many people cancer. Good luck with what you decide to do.

Snooky, that sounds like a horrible experience with the blown vein...YIKES. Is your reason for not wanting a port in hopes that the Fenben works? How much are you seeing CBD for, that it's too expensive?

I ordered my Gamma E on Amazon, supposed to be here Friday, have my fenben, it's a different brand but same ingredients and mg. The packets are double, so I guess I will do half a packet. There are 3 packets in the box. I have my CBD oil, been using that for quite some time. Here is the Fenben I got at Tractor Supply.

Do you guys take everything at the same time? Also, do I understand you do the Fenben 3 days on/4 days off, but the other stuff 7 days a week?

• Frisky
    Options

Snooky I'm so sorry about all that you went through...I hope your arm heals quickly, but glad you're sharing the reality of what can go wrong when dangerous drugs are being administered.

Anyway, I took a long walk around the high line and the west village with my friend and I hope to continue to have the strength to deal with the upcoming trial.

I have to be at the hospital for 12 hours on Friday...not looking forward to that....

Yes! Let's stay positive and concentrate on making Joe's protocol work.

Goldie...yes take everything with the fenben for three days and then stop the fenben for 4 days but continue to take the supplements, don’t forget the Curcumin is important too

• goldie0827
    Options

Not wanting to waste time waiting, I'm thinking of starting today with my Vit. E I have. It's just 400 iu's, Spring Valley brand, then start on Friday with the Gamma E.

• Frisky
    Options

Goldie...I’m sorry to tell your but that type of vitamin E is not going to do you any good!

You need to get the one from life extension....that Joe specified....

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

On the subject of Vitamin E, the best source is that naturally derived. The reason is that Vitamin E isn't a single chemical. There are 8 different forms (isomers) naturally occurring, falling in two classes, tocopherols and tocotrienols. When you buy synthetic vitamin E, you are buying only one of them, alpha tocopherol. It is quite likely (based on research of impact of the various forms) that the protective action of vitamin E, and its anti-cancer abilities, stem from other isomers (forms) than alpha tocopherol. In fact, taking alpha tocopherol alone may be bad, as it throws off the balance of these 8 isomers. Look for a natural source that include tocotrienols.

• goldie0827
    Options

Husband, I have that Vit E on order, just going to use the other until it gets here on Friday. This is what I will get on Friday.

• blueshine
    blueshine Member Posts: 243
    Options

Husband 11, i am still not sure about curcumin how it'll influence Ibrance. I started it on my week off . if you have some info i would appreciate .

i finished 2nd week on Joes protocol , Fenben, Vit E, CBD oil/ Very expensive / and Curcumin on my week off Ibrance

So far, so good

Snooky, sorry about your horrible experience .

• goldie0827
    Options

Blue, I am a little on the fence about the curcumin as well, especially for ER+. 

We are all on our own little clinical trial! Big lab rats!

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

I can't say definitively what impact curcumin might have on ibrance or letrozole. Theoretically, it could interfere. My tolerance for risk is lower, when the chance of benefit is lower. As well, if a treatment is working, I am loath to risk interfering with it.

There is a very smart guy, a researcher and writer named Constantine Kaniklidis, who wrote that curcumin's ability to interfere with letrozole, was purely hypothetical, and in practice it would not interfere with it. If that's true, then it may also hold true for ibrance. But, as I said, I have a low tolerance for risk where the reward is not great. My wife used to take curcumin, but only during her time off cancer drugs. As well, the form of curcumin she was taking, theracumin, has much greater absorption into the blood stream, and might interfere more strongly than any other form of curcumin.

Goldie, that looks like an excellent vitamin E supplement.

Maybe everyone should eat some walnuts as well, as they are a source of vitamin E, and as mentioned by someone about a month ago, some research showed eating a couple of ounces of walnuts a day downregulated genetic markers in breast cancer tumors in women.

• LoveFromPhilly
    LoveFromPhilly Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

husband I love what you wrote. Especially about eating some walnuts :) the first nutritionist I ever saw back when I was in undergrad and starting my nutrition degree and inquiry, I remember clearly told me to eat more walnuts. He really was an advocate of getting or nutrients from whole food sources, so were all my teachers in my integrative nutrition master degree courses. You made a very good point about vitamin E!

I am once again stating my gratitude to those who are brave enough to be the guinea pigs to this deworming protocol. I mentioned it to my MO and he and his fellow had not heard any thing about it. They seemed surprised, concerned, and interested that this is happening in the cancer community.

I will keep watching “from afar" and waiting to see how it goes for everyone. I think if/when I get to the place of having zero options left medically, I would absolutely give the FenBen a try right this very moment. But I am very lucky that all my treatments are working very well right now. So...fingers crossed for us all to keep doing well!

I did study integrative naturopathic oncology and the amount of curcumin that is needed to reach the therapeutic anti-tumor value is something like 250,000mg or something like that (gotta double check my notes here on the exact numbers) and at that level would need to be administered intravenously. My own ND told me not to take curcumin with Ibrance, but we discussed whole food turmeric being okay for the most part. Curcumin is the bioactive compound found in turmeric.

Generally speaking, curcumin has wonderfully supportive properties for certain chemotherapies but possibly not all.

Doesn't mean that it is right for Ibrance.

In the way that eating grapefruit can decrease the liver's CYP450 metabolism of certain medications (hence causing medications to remain in the blood longer, which can cause the medication to exceed its therapeutic value and move into the realm of toxicity in the body - hence we are told NOT to eat grapefruit with Ibrance so that we do not get too much Ibrance toxicity)...curcumin may increase the CYP450 metabolism of Ibrance or other medications, which in turn causes the medication to leave the body too quickly - and we lose the full effectiveness of the medication(s).

Long winded explanation of why or why not folks would like to take their chances with different supplements like curcumin.

Truly it is best (in my humble opinion) to work with someone who really understands supplementation and pharmacological interactions - if going this route and feeing uncertain.

(Steps down off soapbox)...

Love and hugs!

Philly

• Frisky
    Options

Philly...everything you explained would make a lot of sense, except we live in a world where the best oncologist at the best hospital are clearly stating that there's no cure for us, which is confirmed by the half million Americans that die of cancer every year...and worse yet, all research continues to look at the genetics, completely ignoring our messed up metabolism.

They know nothing about the pharmaceutical interaction of supplementation because there's no money to be made from the use of natural compounds.

We are forced to take the same carcinogenic medications that further destroy our health, our organs, and speed up cancer mutations and growth, as did many generations before us, nothing much as changed.

One woman with stage four breast cancer was saved by immunotherapy, at that rate....we'll all be dead...

We have gone to the moon and back, we have the ability to talk to people across the world, to borrow books without leaving our homes, but the overall survival rate of stage four is the same as it was 50 years ago, and when someone survives they don't even understand why... I think I'll take my chances with Joe's protocol...if the clinical trial drug doesn’t kill me first

• goldie0827
    Options

Mia, so so right. They don't know what causes cancer, what reacts to it, what is good, what is bad, etc. Like I said, we are our own lab rats. 

Ichangedmyname, I'm doing quite well on xeloda (over 4 years). Do I want to wait until things get worse to try something else, not really. Again, we have to follow our hearts and do what we think is best for ourselves. Am I scared? Hell yes I am. I would like to wait around and see how it works for others, but do I want to wait? Have seen with others, that waited too long, and it didn't work.

I took my first dose tonight, praying for miracles for all of us, trying this or not!

• snooky1954
    Options

Goldie, you asked a couple of questions regarding a port and and CBC oil... I'm not ignoring you.  I'm in steroid with drawal now and am staring into the void.  

But at least I get to go to Radiologist and get MRI results today.  A friend is driving cause my head is in nana land.  

• LoveFromPhilly
    Options

my friends - I’m not saying what you are doing is wrong or bad. I am applauding you! I am in agreement with you!

I was merely discussing the possibilities of the meds that ARE currently working for some folks and the information that has been studied and is known (rather than unknown) for those who would like to have more information.

I am not trying to offend or make anyone angry. This is what I learned in my intensive studies and I am simply sharing the information that I have.

I am happy to shut up if you’d prefer that and remain a lurker.

• goldie0827
    Options

Snooky, just chime in when you get back from Lala Land!

Ichangedmyname, going to refer to you as ICMN, if you don't mind. I personally don't think you need to "shut up". It's a free world, we are all entitled to our opinions, if I disagree with someone, I most likely just would not say anything. I don't like to argue, debate, I don't like confrontation, I guess just cuz I'm not good at it! I also do not discuss politics or religion. So I'm fine with whatever you would like to share, whether I agree with it or not.

• Frisky
    Options

People please wise up...one of the problems we will soon be facing is the end of our ability to buy this medication without a prescription when big pharma and hospitals becomes aware of this competition to their interests.

It has happened many times before...I started FZ one month ago..when it was available for $8.20

now....it's not readily available, but this is how much it costs on Amazon if you need to take it immediately

We have nothing to gain by talking about this TX with our doctors because it has been proven to work no matter what treatment you're undergoing ...what we need to do is to just help other cancer patients, and share the information and potential success stories with each other and Joe's group. In my humble opinion, telling our doctors will only make this TX unavailable to future patients, we are not going to change the status quo

• goldie0827
    Options

For those of you that are not in Joe's FB group, here is a post from a MBC person....Hi Everyone,
    I’m new to this group. I was diagnosed in September with stage 4 MBC, I was prescribed a chemo pill and I get a shot of xgeva once a month, started in October of 2018. On December 15, 18
    I stated taking what Joe took and my pet scan in January 2019 it was greatly reduced, my next PET scan was early May and that result showed my lymph nodes are clear and the doctor said she wasn’t sure the cancer was still in my bones. I just wanted to tell you THANK YOU!!!! I share this with everyone 😊 forever thankful. 

Mia, I got mine, a different brand (see picture) at Tractor Supply for like $8.00. I'm more than happy to pick some up for anyone that needs/wants it. Guess I better stock up as well. There are 3 packets, each packet will do 2 doses.

• snooky1954
    Options

Mia, 

Just checked Joe's group.  They are talking about Amazon's price increase.  Joe said there are plenty of other places to buy it that has not gone up..  He said to check files.....I'm so sorry.  My brain is not functioning right this minute, steroid crash..

As soon as I can find that file, I will post it.

• Frisky
    Options

I have already bought $200 worth of the 4grams packages that should last me till I see results. As it turned out, I saved 50% even from the $ 8.20 packages. I measure the grams myself...but the issue remains,

sooner or later the FDA will interfere, and Merck might raise prices and require prescriptions.

I might be paranoid, but I have developed a keen ability at predicting the near future...for example I urged all my friends to buy Beyond Meat Stock when it went public...did they listen?

Of course not, but you can imagine their dismay when the stock within a week gained 300% and on a down day, like today, it's up....

I also told them to sell AAPL a week ago before Goldman Saks came out with their warning yesterday, after it had declined 10%already....aapl will suffer more than the all the farmers combined if Trump doesn't capitulate PRONTO! He can't win...

Thank you for posting that positive story about a MBC patient! In within our heart, let's all start singing that famous Gloria Gaynor song...I will survvviiivvveee....I will survive! Yeah yeah!

Joe always remarks about the power of positive thinking and I do too...it affects our immune system, everything in and around us is alive, conscious, and listening....

Don't laugh...this is only one of my three medicine cabinet this size....

• Yndorian
    Yndorian Member Posts: 236
    Options

Miao, you are not paranoic, in Argentina for example, is forbidden melatonin without prescription. Why? I think it was because of the benefits of melatonine in cancer. Other things they can not forbid, are difamated by the medical papers, like colloidal silver and a large etc. The system don't want to loose theyre clients

• Frisky
    Options

Yes Yndorian...you're absolutely right...they are terrified of natural therapies that can't be patented...

I finally got around to watching one of the documentaries that Joe recommended and sure enough...in Europe every viable and proven alternative has been withdrawn from the market and from cancer patients...check this out around 80 minutes into it....

https://youtu.be/VRxb72M9K8I

Here’s some useful charts...but you need to research what would work for your particular situation...

Tons of anecdotes are provided in the video.

Good luck everyone and happy Memorial Day weekend!

• LoveFromPhilly
    Options

Miaomix - I really support you but there is good research on some supplements out there (not all of them of course), so I politely do not agree with your statement that there is not any research on supplements. The ones I was specifically speaking of in my original post before was curcumin and the potential interaction it can have with different medications.That is all.

I am excited for everyone who is going for it and at the same time, I do feel concern (I think wisely) around the fact that there is ONE man who is using anecdotal evidence for something that could potentially be more harmful than good. PRAISE TO YOU ALL IF IT WORKS AND I PROMISE I WILL JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON! You are the brave pioneers!

At the same time, I also wonder about the one woman with stage 4 MBC who did immunotherapy and had a total response. Why was she the ONLY one out of all the people in clinical trial to become cancer free? I can't help but wonder about this same situation with Joe Tippen's being the only one out of his clinical trial who had a complete response. Was it his protocol? Was it that he is an exceptional responder? I don't know the answer. These are the mysteries that we will all continue to try and figure out.

I continue to support you from where I stand and wishing all you explorers a safe and ease-filled journey <3

• blueshine
    Options

Thank you Husband 11, Snooky , Miao and everyone who responded to my questions. I like to risk, but not something /Ibrance/ that is working for now , that’s why I will not use Curcumin and continue on everything else on the protocol. I hope Fenben will delay or maybe stop the progression. And yes, Positive thinking is important. There is a book “ You are the healer” , the Sylvia method.

• blueshine
    Options

Miaomix, I absolutely agree with you about telling your doctor about Fenben. They never will in courage you.

• Frisky
    Options

Philly thank you for the correction on the Curcumin, I agree that many great studies have been conducted and published, however my MO— a pezzo novanta at MSK—would dismiss not only those studies, but just about all the other studies because from his perspective they are “unproven" unless a double blind clinical trial had been conducted, by people that he personally respects....I guess that's what I was alluding....he has even dismissed the findings of infamous MD Lisanti on Doxycycline, because of a lack of clinical trials...

Unfortunately, some of us MBC patients, don't have the luxury of waiting for Godot and more decades of failures as the big pharma try to figure out how they can squash all competition with their immense greed and well known ineptitude. Some of us have still a strong desire to live and can clearly see the emperor when it's naked, no matter how disconcerting it might be....

It's also obvious from your questions that you haven't read Joe's blog...I confess that I've had to re-read it about four times, in order to digest all the useful information.

To this date, he has had so many success stories—across every type of cancer, including stage four pancreatic cancer— four people are volunteering collecting and compiling those stories. He has also acknowledged that it doesn't work for everyone.

BUT like he wisely says: when you're stage 4 and your doctors can't help you, what do you have to lose? And the beauty is that when it works, it does so regardless of what conventional treatment people might or might not be undergoing...so it's all good, Philly we thank you for your good wishes...and wish you also the best, no matter what road you take.

Ohhhh.... one more thing....MSK has just called and changed my schedule to start next Friday. I'm beside myself swimming in happiness. Apparently, my wonderful MO, has accepted the fact, that starting me on an untested drug with unknown horrible side effects on a long holiday weekend was unwise after all...triple yeahhhh for emotional intelligence

Berkshires here I come!

• Yndorian
    Yndorian Member Posts: 236
    Options

I'd noticed that in the list of suplements/drugs against cancer there are dewormers, antibacterials, antifungicals, but there isn't an antiviral. I would like to add L lysine as an antiviral to complete the picture, because there's a viral component in many forms of cancer. Anyway lysine is an aminoacid with an antiherpetic accion, and some investigations were related herpes with cancer

• Frisky
    Options

Yndorian...it's so interesting you would mention L-lysine because I started taking it about a week ago...after reading about it's very important role.

I wrote Joe a brief note to inform him of our plans to share and add the outcome of his treatment to his findings after our next pet scan...I hope everyone is okay with that...actually we don't have to report till we see results, it might take longer than three months...