Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ringworm drug for dogs (Fenbendazole) might also cure cancer

Options

Comments

• Frisky
    Frisky Member Posts: 1,686
    Options

Gracie, you might want to start by doing a search on the word mycotoxins and read what the world health organization has to say about it...look at the charts...because you're not going to hear about this dreadful state of affairs on the evening news or the NY Times.....it will shed light on your “gluten problem, which like cancer will be everyone's problem eventually...it's just question of time...

They say 1in 2 people will be diagnosed with cancer...I like to say 1in two people are already diagnosed with cancer, and the rest will eventually find out..

I want to share this beautiful poem that I'm sure you're already familiar with. It continues to lift my spirits especially now. I could not find anything though, about the source of this man's enlightenment.

Desiderata By Max Ehrmann © 1927

GO PLACIDLY amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

• Frisky
    Options

Amazon has run out of the 1gram Panacur but they had the 4grams pockets. That produces 12 grams in total for $17 instead of 3 grams for $8.20 If you have a scale set to grams you can measure it yourself and save a huge amount of $$$....

• snooky1954
    snooky1954 Member Posts: 850
    Options

Thank You Miaomix for post the podcast link: Just had time to listen. It's fantastic.  

And yes I know about Amazon, I too ordered the larger packet (40#dogs), you save half the cost.  Shame on me for not sharing that info! lol

• blueshine
    blueshine Member Posts: 243
    Options

Miaomix, your post was beautiful! Thank you.

I am about to start my second week Fenben and supplements. I included CBD oil , / ordered from Randy / The oil has obviously good effect, sleeping, eating, less anxiety.. But I am not sure about vitamin E and curcumin. Vitamin E is antioxidant and it's not recommended for cancer patients, because the bad cell will benefit from the antioxidants first by feeding them, before the normal cell. Curcumin will decrease the effect of the hormon and target therapy. The results of the study with Fenben showed that it is not effective without supplements. Will be combination Fenben- CBD enough if I eliminate the both ? I was so excited when I started, but the more I read the more I am confused.

The Care Oncology clinic in London are doing a trail of volunteers with different type cancers . They all are treated with mebendazol , metformin, doxycycline and statins. Basically the same what Jane was talking. They are documenting everything and we'll have clear picture of the results after a year or two

• Frisky
    Options

HappyBlueshine, I agree that the picture is not completely clear regarding the antioxidants. What I understood from Janes's story—and I'm not through reading the book. I needed to take a break, the weather was too beautiful today—is that antioxidants shouldn't be taken while undergoing chemotherapy. She specifically mentions Glutathione—a precursor to NAC and theVitamin E.

What we know from Joe Tippens research group, is that taking antioxidants worked for him and the other success stories. In the interview, Joe keeps on referring to the Fenben as being pivotal, so doing without might be okay anyway.

Maybe we should follow our individual instincts about the antioxidants, and in three months compare notes. We can thus learn from each other's experiences. We can then offer Joe's group, our findings so that our results can be included and correlated with theirs, and pretty soon will hopefully understand more about the importance of all the various elements.

I urge everyone to keep a simple diary of what you take, how much you take, and how often. With everyone's personal experience and active participation we will gather tons of useful knowledge.

We will win and survive! We must!! Being turned into Soylent Greens is not an option!!

Ps: Berberine or Metformin both block the mTOR pathway. Green tea, curcumin, resveratrol, block the Glutamine pathway. To block the fatty acids pathway take baby aspirin and metformin or berberine. I'll add more as I process the information

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    Options

Antioxidants are not considered bad during chemo by integrative oncologists like Dr Block... I was on a bunch of them during chemo... and I had a pCR. I took (and still take) a lot of curcumin, plus selenium, quercetin, Ubiquinol, C, E, B6, Alpha Lipoic acid, revasterol, EGCG (green tea active ingredient), & omega 3 fish oil... I also took high dose IVs of C during chemo, and IV glutathione. In high doses, C becomes a pro-oxidant. Last I did hyperbaric Oxygen. And for three days (before/of/after chemo day) I took L Glutamine.

My cancer was triple negative and my recommendations were based on my case.... so YMMV.

http://blockmd.com/2015/10/20/antioxidants-chemotherapy-and-the-latest-headlines-part-2/

http://blockmd.com/2014/07/15/more-antioxidant-criticism/

• Frisky
    Options

Santabarbarian....it seems to me, that what both sides of this argument agree on is that large quantity of Vitamin C need to be administered intravenously while undergoing chemotherapy, to produce helpful ROS. We can't expect oxidative results by the ingestion of small amounts of antioxidants—like I have been typically doing based on my own integrative oncologist recommendations. The proof? I recently progressed with a lesion to the liver, thus both my supplements and the conventional TXs failed to protect me. On the other hand, I didn't progress for four years, maybe due to what I was taking, and I didn’t follow 100 % of his protocol, which included intense daily detoxification routines. So I have only myself to blame. I'm sure that you can continue to benefit greatly while under the care of a smart oncologist such as Md. Block. I wish there was someone of his caliber here in Manhattan. There’s MD Chang, but he charges by the minutes, which is a major turn off, I don’t care what he has to offer

Can you please share with us the amounts Md Block recommends? As we all know by now, quantities are very important for curative results

"The best known prooxidant antioxidant at this time is intravenous high-dose vitamin C. While vitamin C at regular oral doses has an antioxidant effect just like any other antioxidant, if it is given in high doses – like 50 grams a day, much more than you can take in supplements – it turns into a prooxidant, and appears to kill cancer cells."

The other conundrum for this group is that no conventional or complimentary doctor claims they can cure cancer, while the two individuals we follow managed somehow to survive.

we found 7 randomized trials in which glutathione was given intravenously to cancer patients receiving chemotherapy to reduce chemo side effects. In most of the trials there was some improvement in side effects. In none of the trials did the patients who received glutathione have worse survival or tumor regression in response to chemotherapy than the control patients.

See no mention of a miraculous outcome...

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    Options

For those of you that have joined Joe's FB "mycancerstoryrocks" how long did it take to get accepted. I have been "pending" for several days now.

• snooky1954
    Options

Goldie,  Did you put in the password?   You need to read the blog to find the password.  It took me next to the next day

• santabarbarian
    Options

Dr Block uses the vitamins to enhance the chemo &/or protect the body during chemo, not by themselves as a cure... unless he his helping someone who has been told there is no more treatment for them, in which case he is using them alone to re-build their system to the point they can take chemo again. He also innovates w chemo delivery, dripping it in over a day or two instead of an hour or two, and "pulsing" the drip to coincide with circadian rhythms of the body and the cancer. I tried to mimic this, by splitting my chemo into getting the Taxotere in early am and Carboplatin in the late afternoon, but that was the best I could do in my home area. I only consulted with Dr Block as I do not live in Chicago.... but I found a naturopathic physician in my town who gave me the IVs and did my terrain panels. (Her recommendations were very similar to Dr Block's...) I also take 20 mg melatonin at night and 1000 mg of metformin (500 am/ 500 pm) and a baby aspirin, as well as 5000 IU of D3 prescribed by my MO. I did this all through chemo too.

The dose I am taking of curcumin is 6000 mg/day which is 8 pills of 750 mg (4 in am/4 in pm). **Which is a blood thinner, at this dose, FYI...** The others are pretty normal doses of 1-2 pills per day, with 4 capsules of EGCG. He recommends a close-to-macrobiotic diet with veggies, nuts, seeds, complex carbs, and berries/fruit (2 servings/day) with cold water fish as the main animal food. He had me use whey protein isolate as a protein supplement, "super greens" organic green juice powder, & reishi mushroom powder in my smoothies. He also had me do a lot of exercise, including interval training, during chemo... "to give your heart the message that it needs to be in 'build' mode..." No alcohol, no sugar, no simple carbs. I was already a meditator and not too stressed but part of the consult was mental/emotional self care too.

The days of the C IV I would do hyperbaric Oxygen in the am, and go straight over for my IV C after. They enhance one another. I am pretty sure the C had an effect because I could feel some mild pain and a "fizzing" feeling in my tumor during and after the C drips.

The idea is to make the system hardy, healthy, and inhospitable to cancer recurrence. Lowering inflammation and providing nutritional support to the immune system. My hometown MO was iffy about me doing all the antioxidants & IVs but could not argue with a rapidly shrinking tumor. I decided to do the nutritional & IV support because the evidence *against* it is poor and scanty, whereas Dr Block has a lot of anecdotal and clinical evidence among people in his practice who have had very good outcomes. MANY of his patients arrive in stage 4, very sick, when their doctors tell them there is nothing more to be done, and still they stay alive la lot longer than anyone would expect.

In my case (I am 57) I had a few aches and pains that I thought were part of aging, prior to my diagnosis and prior to this nutritional program, that went away... which indicates that inflammation in my body went down under this regime. No more achy hip or knee. Honestly, I feel FANTASTIC. And I withstood chemo very well (no neuropathy, no nail issues, no mouth sores, etc.) Just sucky anemia as my main SE.

I did fasting mimicking before each chemo and I also used a huge amount of heat (see "hyperthermia") on my tumor and lymph node. I kept a hot water bottle on it at very high heat (which left a mild magenta burn) for several hours per day a day or two prior to each chemo and during the chemo drips. If you can heat your cancer to ~109 for about 45 minutes, it dies, whereas healthy cells do not die from heat unless it is over 111. As I love a 105 degree hot tub, I have a sense of what 109 is.... This was not part of Dr Block's plan but something I did from my own research. Again, I decided it was not going to hut me and might help me. Prior to rads, I talked to the head of hyperthermia at UMD and he told me I had done myself a huge favor with the heat.

With TNBC, a large high-grade tumor, and a cancerous 3cm lymph node, I felt I was in a very bad situation, statistically only a 30% likelihood of pCR, and I needed to throw the book at this cancer and do absolutely everything that might help (and would not hurt) me. I wanted to know that if my treatment was not successful or if I recurred, I could look my kids in the eye and say that I did my very, very best to survive. I plan to stay on my diet and supplements at least through the 3 year window of peak TNBC recurrence, and maybe forever.

I am open to the fenben, doxycycline, and other off label ideas, even while still NED, so I am following this thread with great interest and hope!

• santabarbarian
    Options

PS I paid $1800 for my consult, and I thought it was very fair price, for all the info I received. If you want a personalized program from Dr Block you can have your records sent to him and do a few tests he may need, and get a specific recommendation for you/your cancer. People do fly to Chicago for treatment... I found out about him from a friend in Santa Barbara who went to him for treatment (she was originally from Chicago and a family member had been treated there).

• Frisky
    Options

I congratulate you Santabarbarian on your discipline in the undertaking of all those various protocols. Am I familiar with all of them. Unfortunately I lost my alternative MO soon after I met him to an heart attack, and have been unable to find an equivalent in the NYC area. I dread traveling, if I could undertake the stress, I would go and see Burzinski.

Your positive experience and the sharing of the amounts recommended will definitely help those among us that are undecided about that aspect of Joe's therapy....thank you for the additional info regarding the actual consultation, $1,800 is not exorbitant. May you continue to experience excellent health

Do you think MD Block would prescribe the doxycycline and the other off labels meds, if he was made aware of this protocol?

That would resolve huge problem for me....and I guess many others...and he could potentially save many lives....

• Yndorian
    Yndorian Member Posts: 236
    Options

Miaomix, in Argentina you can buy doxycycline without prescription, are you shure that you need one?

Santabarbarian, I did the IV vit C for a while, had to quit because of veins damage of chemo (I didn't had a porth a cath, my veins didn't support that amounth of IVs) Part of the treatment was a keto diet, all the supplement you mentioned and lysine y Celebrex 1 per day (celecoxib can cause apoptosis and prevent mets)

• santabarbarian
    Options

With due respect to innovators, part of my confidence in Dr Block is that he has an excellent, longstanding reputation and decades of experience, and all his recommendations are evidence based. So he innovates, but it is very tied to evidence and doing no harm. I would be afraid of Dr Burzinski, personally (wasn't aware of him but just looked him up). Dr Block's approach is to make chemo more effective and safer, and to make the body inhospitable to cancer, using things that have scientific validation (if not always a double blind clinical trial). He has collaborators from MD Anderson and other "top drawer" cancer people... He was open to doxycycline and mebendazole when I asked him about them, but as I had a pCR by the time of those discussions, trying them did not seem to be urgent, and I wanted my body to have a rest from meds and recover a bit. I may yet do them though. I am also considering an AR blocking drug, as my tumor was very AR+. My local MO was ok with giving me a Prostate cancer drug off label for this but again, felt there were risks to the drug and would not recommend it for someone NED. I do know that there are likely to be some stray cells in my system and I want to plan my next moves should they be necessary.

It seems like everyone needs to make their own risk/benefit analysis... If my outcome had been worse I would be trying all these ideas but I do not want to overmedicate myself, either... Esp not with chemos that can damage my heart, etc. I am pretty comfortable with an antibiotic or a de-wormer as I have actually taken one long ago when my toddler got pinworms and we had to treat the whole family. These are widely used and considered very safe. When I took the pinworm drug I had no SEs, but only took a few doses of it.

• GracieM2007
    GracieM2007 Member Posts: 1,255
    Options

Maiomix, I had not ever read that and it was beautiful, thank you for sharing!

• Yndorian
    Options

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21345578/

This is one of the many articles about celecoxib and apoptosis. Would't do any harm to add it to the protocol

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,745
    Options

Yndorian,

I also wondered why the CancerCare protocol does not include celecoxib (Celebrex):

1) it synergizes with statins to reduce inflammation and fight cancer (strongest effects have been seen with colon cancer). Celebrex had higher anti-cancer activity than statins when tested as monotherapy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18548583

The combination of these drugs given to laboratory animal models inhibited 95 percent of the colorectal tumors that developed in untreated animals, When used together, the drugs were most effective at doses substantially lower than when used alone. Using a combination of low doses of these chemopreventive agents that have differing action may be the most effective way to maximize the anti-cancer effect of the drug while also minimizing toxicity or harmful side effects.

2) it greatly helps immune cell access to the tumor, so it synergizes with immunotherapy and CAR-T therapy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28765120

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28804691

3) much has been made of potential heart-related SEs, but the risks are small and no worse with than what is seen with other NSAIDs- a breast cancer clinical trial did not encounter any heart problems. Of all of the things my alternative doc recommended, Celebrex was the only thing my onc agreed with, and she was a big proponent.

• cure-ious
    Options

In glioblastoma they are trying a nine-drug repurposing approach- this is from a 2019 report:

Constructed from a theoretical framework, the coordinated undermining of survival paths in glioblastoma (GBM) is a combination of nine drugs approved for non-oncological indications (CUSP9; aprepitant, auranofin, captopril, celecoxib, disulfiram, itraconazole, minocycline, quetiapine, and sertraline) combined with temozolomide (TMZ). The availability of these drugs outside of specialized treatment centers has led patients to embark on combination treatments without systematic follow-up. However, no experimental data on efficacy using the CUSP9 strategy in GBM have been reported.

• goldie0827
    Options

Snooky, I guess I missed that, I will go back and look for that.

This Dr. Block you are all talking about, is this protocol used in conjunction with the Fenben? I'm very confused at this thread as it seems there other things discussed, but I pretty much stay confused! If it is not, I would be more interested in seeing things in regards to the OP.

• Frisky
    Options

Goldie...the confusion is due to conflicting information regarding the use of the antioxidants while undergoing typical treatments. Joe Tippens protocol includes them, while Jane Mc Farland, a 15 long stage four survivor, found that they shouldn't be taken while undergoing chemotherapy. There is no consensus....

People should follow their instinct on this, and should just write in their diaries what they are taking and the quantities. We need minimum three months of supplementation before we can start looking at the various results and arrive at a rational conclusion.

Cureious....you ask a good question about the Celebrex...Why isn't being implemented when we ourselves are willing to take the risks? Also look up famous MD Lisanti e his discovery that doxycycline kills cancer cells...the reasons are simple: there's a conflict of interests.....they don't like the idea that the use of cheap drugs can potentially kill their profitable businesses...how would Wall Street and shareholders react? It would be a disaster!

This is one of the numerous reasons why we live in an amoral society... don't get me going about the sheer thought of separating toddlers from their mothers and putting them into cages...barbaric!

I predict that soon, we will need a prescription from a vet in order to get the FenBen...watch....they destroyed the use of proteolytic enzymes when during the 70s terminal patients were taking them and getting well under the direction of DDS Kelly

• cure-ious
    Options

Miao,Well, also I pointed out the glioblastoma group is mixing up nine drugs- ouch, my liver hurts just thinking about it! But the fenben protocol is so its not too much that one would not want to also add Celebrex- at the least, I would think anyone taking immunotherapy would want to have a celebrex-type drug.

As ASCO drones on with no new data or advice to give us, the big story (and hope) is with this new drug that we learned about from you- when do you start?!

• Frisky
    Options

I will start on Friday , I’ll be there all day long...they will give me 1 pill every couple hours and do bloodwork and check the vitals in between....4 in total...

I believe my smart MO postponed it because the genetic results from my biopsy would be available by then. This drug works only on estrogen positive MBC.

• Frisky
    Options

MD Burzinski has been curing people and children with Glioblastoma for decades. That's what he specializes in and he is famous for! If I had that problem...I would move to Houston and get treatment there, with MBC the results are less consistent...and unfortunately he’s gotten very expensive.

• Frisky
    Options

https://www.healtheuropa.eu/doxycycline-antibiotics/88646/

In a breast cancer clinical trial, patients were orally administrated the antibiotic, Doxycycline, for 14 days before surgery and almost all saw a significant drop in cancer stem cells, the aggressive cells that drive tumour recurrence. This therefore suggests the positive effects of antibiotics on cancer patients.

YNdorian do u live in Argentina?

Doxycycline plays a very important role in killing stem cells. I posted a link to md Lisanti findings, a famous British researcher that discovered its potential as a anti cancer drug.

Jane used it in her protocol...her chart indicates that it blocks OXPHOS one of the many glucose pathways.

• Frisky
    Options

Goldie, make sure to introduce yourself as a MBC patient. They will not let gawkers in..

• Yndorian
    Options

Miao, Yes, I'm from Argentina. I can buy fenben and doxy in Mercadolibre (it is a page like ebay) The fenben kills worms, and killed worms are plenty of bacterias, then doxy kill that bacterias. If you don't get doxi you can try colloidal silver or pure oregano oil, both of them are excellent antibiotics too

• goldie0827
    Options

I did mention I was stage IV and listed all of my bone mets. I will ask to join again. I find it shameful that we have to find our own treatments. I am on chemo, have been for 4 years, but it's pill form, Xeloda. There are so many forms of breast cancer, and I think that's also a reason why some things work for one, but not another...Oh well, one thing for sure, we are all in this fight together!!!

• snooky1954
    Options

Curious--- Thank You for bringing up about the Celebrex.   I read a couple weeks ago that it was good to take with chemo.  So I bought!   BUT I bought the wrong thing.....I've been taking generic Claritin...Geesh.  So thank you.  

Hey Goldie, glad you found the password....I would've told you what it was.....if I remembered.  Once, you're in the group, don't talk about FenBen killing parasites.  Joe gets upset about that.  Because that's not why we're taking the FenBen.  

Mai...I was thinking about that just this morning....that FenBen was going to be hard to source in the future.

• Yndorian
    Options

https://www.spandidos-publications.com/mmr/8/4/127...

This is a publication about euphorbia turicalli latex. If I have to choice only one treatment to do I choose this. It is a bush easy to find up, I have been used it with my chemo. My MO was surprised about my reaccion to chemo, I think it was the plant. In EEUU isn't common to take it but in south america is, specially in Brasil. Albert Einstein hospital from Rio de Janeiro has alternative oncologists who recomends it to they patients. Of course the investigation has been forbidden

• Frisky
    Options

yes Snooky...People are starting to ask for insane prices....I just ordered 10-12 grams packages.

Can’t buy a pound without prescription