Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ringworm drug for dogs (Fenbendazole) might also cure cancer

Options

Comments

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    Options

Snooky, I have not had a chance to go back and read thru the blog. Just been too busy. But I will in a day or so. I don't usually post on those groups, mostly like to read and I have no idea about parasites or anything else. I am more curious to read about good stories and may ask a question or two. I belong to another group about treating BC with Cannaibis. I am NEVER negative nor do I tell people they should do this or that.. Like I said, I still have to get the Vit. E and already have CBD oil and my fenben. Hoping for miracles for all of us!

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,745
    Options

For those with triple negative cancers, here is a recent report from the literature about an anti-leprosy drug, clofazimine, inhibits the Wnt signaling pathway, which can be strongly up-regulated in TNBC; and they indicate it has few side effects.The second paper summarizes drugs with some ability to block Wnt signaling and growth of TNBC in cell culture:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30771433

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC49638...

• snooky1954
    snooky1954 Member Posts: 850
    Options

goldie dear,  I hope you do not think that I was suggesting that you would be a bad group member...Sheesh , sorry if I made you feel that way.   Joes just asks two things of us, well three,  most importantly he wants you to have read his blog which explains his whole journey. That way repeated questions which could be answered by reading his blog won't be clogging up the thread. If you try to "sell" anything on the blog you're off.  And some folks have the misconception that since FENBEN is a parasite med for dogs, that's our purpose for taking it. At the dose we're taking (for a 10# dog) no way it's going to be killing parasites in us. It somehow blocks three pathways that cancer takes.   Joe's group has great sympatric and helpful folks on it.    I'm sure you'll be a valuable member so please, do join us.

goldie has your ONC everplained why you're having such an exception response to Zeloda?

Curious  really wish you might consider joining us also.  There are lots of sciencetic (sp) links  that have been posted. I don't understand what they mean.  However, I know you do so much researching for MBC and if time is an issue totally understood.

Well, need to call on my inner resources, have chemo this morning, an MRI tomorrow and then back to Raiologists on thur for review of MRI.  

Only SE from FenBen, just finished wk 2, is loose stools. Not really that bothersome.

Prayers for everyone on this thread. 

Sue

• goldie0827
    Options

Oh my dear Snooky, it was not taken like that at all, and I'm sorry you took it that way. Sometimes typed words are read with misconception. I appreciate very much your advice and anyone else's for that matter. I haven't a mean bone in my body, and would never intentionally do or say anything to hurt anyone. We are all humans with feelings. As for the Xeloda, my onc has not said why it's been working for so long. I do have progression and my TM's go up every 6 weeks, but because I'm not in any pain, we stay with it. He says he wants to squeeze every little bit we can out of it.

BTW, they did accept me on the FB page without going back to get the password.

• Frisky
    Frisky Member Posts: 1,686
    Options

Goldie please report relevant and updated information that can shed some light into our understanding of the therapy. What knowledge do they have so far about why it doesn't work with some cancers or people.

Thank you...meanwhile, il go back to the McFalland book and report on any new insights....

• Frisky
    Options

Listen to The Dark Side Of Generic Prescription Drugs from Fresh Air in Podcasts.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/fresh-air/id214089682?i=1000438283104

Do you ever wonder why some of these cancer drugs don't work...or stop working so quickly, or why we experience so many SE? We must do our own research about the companies that make them and how many FDA warnings they have against them for terrible and dangerous manufacturing practices.

FDA can't shut them down...as they are primarily Chinese and Indian companies...

The situation is a lot worst than what you can possibly imagine...welcome to this unfkngbelivable reality.

• Frisky
    Options

Snooky good luck this week with all the various treatments and your MRI results, may they all point toward less tumor burden and healing

• goldie0827
    Options

Oh shoot, I replied and then forgot to submit. I was reading my past posts and had to chuckle at myself when I read that I wrote "I don't have a mean bone in my body" and I thought, except for those darn cancer mets!

Mia, I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. 

• Frisky
    Options

Goldie..as you read their various threads, you will probably bump into discussions on why they think it works on certain cancers and why they suspect it doesn't work for others...it would be very helpful to all to know what they have discovered so far about response....if they have such knowledge...it’s possible that they are still in dark regarding as to why it doesn’t work for some patients....

• goldie0827
    Options

My brain must not be working this morning Mia. I assume you are referring the fenben FB page? I have just got on there this morning and looked around. I won't be able to look much more today. We own our own business and Mondays are our busiest day, plus this is our busy season as the business is garden related.

Since everything is based on what we, as in those that are trying different alternatives, report, it's all just knowledge being shared. I can't think of the word I want to use....chemo brain is def. real!

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    Options

I watched a one hour interview of Jane McClelland, by Chris (of Chris Beat Cancer).... I would not say she is against anti-oxidants at all. She took curcumin in high doses, revasterol, green tea, and I forget which others... I have ordered her book. Maybe she explains the timing of these vis a vis standard chemo better in the book, but she certainly endorsed these antioxidants in her talk. And each specific chemo is different. You can't infer a "no antioxidants" position from what she says. Maybe for her specific chemo, it was a no.

Both the Fenben and the McClelland protocols seem similar in underlying logic, both are a combination of therapeutics to defeat the varied pathways that cancer cells need to live and self-replicate. McClelland emphasizes that the cancer cell starved of one kind of fuel will convert to using a different fuel, so its important to use a combo of substances that block a bunch of possible fuel pathways. Many of the recommended supplements have activity on multiple pathways of fuel. And it's important to know what kind of fuel your tumor likes. For example, Melanoma prefers fat as a fuel, over glucose.

I am going to ask my MO to prescribe a course of mebendazole, doxycycline, celebrex, and a statin... I will see if he will. He did for the metformin I requested.... I think it has probably been good for me to "rest" my liver, etc, after chemo and rads, but I want to get out in front of the stem cells now if I can, before a recurrence. I am definitely pushing my MO to the far edge of his comfort zone but so far he's been very responsive to me. When I asked him for his argument against high dose C, he said "needle sticks can introduce infection" and after rolling my eyes, I said, "that's a risk I am willing to take." Seems very low risk to take an antibiotic, a de wormer, a NSAID, and a statin. All very common drugs.

Along with all my supplements, I still continue to do high dose C, which Jane M also did. I do a weekly session of Hyperbaric Oxygen followed by a C IV as a maintenance program, on the recommendation of my Naturopathic physician. HBOT also causes a rise in natural killer cells (it's an immune system booster).

The methods that seem to work block several given pathways of cancer cell metabolism. It is not a matter of how it affects the *person's* system to take the antioxidant, it is a matter of how it affects the cancer stem cell's life cycle, and how well it blocks the various ways they originate and feed themselves.

• Frisky
    Options

okay Goldie...not a problem....it's all good!

Santabarbarian I never said Jane was against antioxidants....what I said was that she wrote that she shouldn't have been taking certain oxidants while undergoing chemotherapy. PERIOD! Her story is about a constant search for knowledge and survival. She doesn't start with all the answers...she arrives at them through her long journey. The interview you saw, was given long after she had put the pieces of the puzzle together. We have to put together our own by using as much as we can from what she uncovered

For example...till page 208 she's been touting the positive effect of aspirin, till she discovers that a NSAID such as ibuprofen causes apoptosis BUT not aspirin....she is totally surprised and so am I ince I've been taking aspirin with my allergy medication. YET, aspirin is still listed numerous times on her current map....obviously, if she knew how to cure all cancers, there wouldn't be any need to debate..

I'm the first one, to take every possible antioxidant, and my list of supplements is not that dissimilar from yours....

Some people have shown concern about taking the antioxidants listed on Joe Tippens protocol....shouldn't they be doing what they see fit? Who is in a position to instruct others on what's good for them when we're allhanging by a thread?

We are all grown up, and maybe starting by accurately reading what's posted would do all of us a lot of good...

be well and keep up with the therapy...all you're doing makes a lot of sense to me....I'm so happy you have a doctor on your side that will help you with the off label meds.

You'll become a great source of knowledge....so keep up the good work

• Yndorian
    Yndorian Member Posts: 236
    Options

Santabarbarian: Low dosis naltrexone cause a rise in natural killers in about a 400% too. It seems to work just in TNBC, not so well in e/p+ I don't know why. I think tamoxifen blocks naltrexone pathway. Autohemotherapy works very well too, like a vaccine against our own cancer, but more needles... ouch!

• santabarbarian
    Options

Very interesting re naltrexone, I am grateful for the info!

A wonderful group of problem-solvers and nerds on this thread!! My people!!

• santabarbarian
    Options

The interesting new angle I gleaned from Jane McClelland is that the action of the recommended antioxidants in our cells is NOT not the relevant reason to take it -- rather, it's other actions this compound has against the cancer cell, specifically the stem cell... Some *sidebar* activity of the antioxidant shuts down a survival pathway of the cancer stem cell. This is what makes an antioxidant relevant as a cancer-killer or cancer-weakener.

Meanwhile it appears high doses of the best ones don't have negative SEs and don't screw up western medicine approaches either. Fabulous ratio of benefit to risk.

• Frisky
    Options

I'm on page 234 of Jane's book, and let me tell you....I hope that we can all get well on Joe's protocol, it's so much easier...you have no idea what this woman went through....she just had a total relapse after her cancer markers were practically normal and she thought she had beat cancer...her journey is freakin AMAZING!

What a great individual!! I finally realized that she reminds me so much of our indomitable and unforgettable Zarovka..May she rest in peace!

The book is a cliffhanger...she now realizes she had not been taking the berberine, she suspects this oversight had allowed the cancer to feed through the glycemic pathway and voila two months later bloodwork shows all is well again...

but her immune system is still low...she switches the barberine—a powerful anti microbial in addition to its sugar blocking capacity— to Gymnema Sylvester and discovers she can use Cimetidine to help rebuild her immune system and eventually more research leads to the benefits of Metformin...as a IGF1 and mTOR suppressor. This is great new for all of us rejected Afinitor lovers out there....

But, Hold on to your seat...something tells me it's gonna be a bumpy ride....many more pages to go...

We're now at her first and simple chart so pay attention: Berberine or metformin blocks the glucose and carbohydrates pathway. The Lovastin blocks the cholesterol and therefore the Fat Pathway. The Dipyridamole blocks the Protein or Nucleosides pathway.

Once starved you give weakened cancer cells a deadly blow with intravenous Vitamin C, ozone therapy and the Etodolac medication. She eventually develops the METRO MAP that includes many more pathways for the various types of cancers...a freaking genius...that's what this woman is!

• Yndorian
    Options

That's incredible! But what is about normal cells pathways? Can they feed normally?

• Frisky
    Options

what do you mean by normal cells Yndorian? We and cancer need Carbs, fats and proteins to live, BUT simple sugars and carbs raise insulin levels which only helps feed the cancer stem cells metastasize along that pathway. Obviously diabetes and obesity is not helpful to us. So we have to stop eating ice cream and cookies, the potatoes and cereals etc etc. I have to give up pasta and focaccias....and the sweet fruits...keep on eating green and colored vegetables, and low glycemic fruits. I have lost 6 pounds in one month without even trying...

Bad saturated fats and proteins from diseased and hormonally fed animals kept alive with antibiotics create inflammation, which helps feed cancer cells when the glycemic pathway is blocked. So we use only clean and good source of proteins and fats in small amounts.

First we weaken the cancer cells with proper diet and supplementation, then we block the various pathways with the appropriate medications— that vary depending on our individual cancers—then a low dose of chemotherapy or massive doses of Vitamin C kill the weakened stem cells that are the only one capable of spreading the disease.

Healthy cells can feed and grow on a clean diet. This is what I've gotten so far....

The end of Jane story is that one of the oncologist that had rejected her suggestions, is now running an indipendent cancer clinic in the center of London, where a metabolic treatment to cancer is being administered. So all'swell that ends well....

The biggest problem with the book is that she never mentions doses. And as we all know, according to the Greeks: Measure is All....we're gonna have to figure out the measurement on our own...

One more thing...6 weeks without treatment and all my aches and pains are gone, my energy is great...I'm starting to feel like my old self again...it's such a wonderful feeling...like being at home after years of wondering in the wilderness....let's all pray that Joe's protocol works beautifully for all of us, so we can all find our way back home...

meanwhile I’ll start figuring out how I can get the off label medications right for my cancer, just in case Joe’s protocol is not enough....

• Yndorian
    Options

Ok, then just cancer cell pathways are blocked. Sorry, I'm trying to understand because that book isn't avaiable in my country. Thank you miao

• santabarbarian
    Options

Yndorian, the suggested drugs and compounds manage to do stuff that is not harmful to our healthy cells but is harmful specifically to cancer stem cells. Stem cells have unique methods of growing and replicating.... and Jane M has found drugs and supplements which attack those specific cancer cell pathways but leave our healthy cells alone.

For example, Vitamin C in high doses causes a pro-oxidant action and the oxygen generated creates hydrogen peroxide in the cancer cell, which kills it. But normal cells are happy in a well oxygenated environment. Only cancer cells die, as they like a fermented, un-oxygenated environment better.

• snooky1954
    Options

Hi Santa,   Do you know anything about MSM,  I am talking about the organic crystals. 99.9% purity.  Careful admixtures of these crystals in water are suppose to be excellent at adding oxygen in your body.  It gives you more energy too.  It's similar to DMS0.

Everything that you post I totally agree with due to the 24/7 research I did when first diagnosed.  My dau-in -law for the last three years, God I love her)  told me that in the Philippine's most cancer patients heal themselves!!  How?   She said drink soursop tea, juice carrots, and a couple of other things. Her aunt has has a breast tumor for years. She has kept it from growing due to self treatment.

I hate to include the above on a medical community, first, I do not want to miss lead readers.  +

I've been having a thought-------I've read a lot about the electric impulses in our body.   My dau-in-law is the most up, vibrant person that I've ever meet.  Ten minutes in her company and I feed off her positivity.   I was talking to my son(her hus) about this.  He grinned and said I  know.  He said most every one he's meet on the P. Islands are the same way.  They're just so happy to be alive. Their values are totally different/not money driven in the least. They are also VERY family originated. If you need something 10 family members will be over to help you.  In my opinion, that has to be significant.

Well, I had chemo yesterday and riding the wave of energy.   MRI this afternoon.  This time just 45 minutes.  Over a year ago, that had me in that blasted machine for over two hours.  Luckily, I feel asleep! hehe

• snooky1954
    Options

Miaomix….. Been meaning to tell you a canadrum  (?)   When I was on a vegan diet for over a year and a half (had my own garden)  my glucose stayed in the low to mid 90's.  Since I was always at the ONC office this was tested regularly.

Now the odd bit.  When I went on chemo in Feb. I started eating red meat again.  Believe me it's not easy, but I did not want my RBC to fall too low and it hasn't.

NOw the interesting part, since chemo my glucose has been all over the charts.  Usually, it's running in the 70's and 80's,  (have never been that low)  a couple of times it's been over 100-118.  I tried to remember and sure enough that was a late day apt and I would have eaten first.

Have you read anything about taxol especially or any chemo that lowers blood sugar?  No not on any meds that that?

Thanks,  will be thinking of you this Fri.

I've finished my second week of FENBEN protocol.  YES!!!

• cure-ious
    Options

Very excellent discovery of a supplement that can reactivate/boost PTEN, which is mutated or down-regulated in many breast cancers!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/health/gene-mut...

• snooky1954
    Options

Yes Curious read that off an alternative site and have been taking Dim regularly.  Also lived off Brussel spouts and broccoli day after day..Good thing that I like them.

• cure-ious
    Options

Snooky- What is dim?

PTEN is more often not mutated but instead its activity gets down-regulated in MBC, esp when cancers become endocrine (anti-hormone)- resistant:

Moderate reduction in PTEN, without complete loss, can activate the PI3K pathway to cause endocrine resistance in ER-positive breast cancer, which can be overcome by combining endocrine therapy with inhibitors of the PI3K pathway.

So would the i3C supplement (now shown to rev up PTEN activity) help those of us where the hormonal therapies may be starting to fail?
  • cure-ious
    Options
  • Frisky
    Options

Snooky...I really don't know much about the SE of Taxol, but 118 is not that bad...they raised the normal level from 100 to 126, otherwise the whole us population would have to be diagnosed with diabetes...

But we both know that healthy people BS levels are around 80 or 90 and return into that range two hours after eating a meal... so it seems to me, you don't have a sugar problem with or without Taxol....

now insulin levels are another matter...they never measure those for very good reasons....those numbers are important....I have my own detection method, if I start eating and I'm still hungry when I'm done...and I go for days on ends on munching oncarbs, I know my insulin levels are too high.

What can put and end to those never satisfying munching marathons, you may want to know....

FAT! An avocado, a handful of walnuts and the craze is over....

• goldie0827
    Options

Snooky, good luck on your MRI, hopefully you get results quickly. Could you remind me if you are on Joe's protocol and for how long.

I've been procrastinating, I have my Fen and CBD, but still need that Vit E. Guess I better get it and get started on this, eh?

How about roll call, who's on this and for how long?

• snooky1954
    Options

Hi Goldie, thanks for the good wishes on my MRI.  Boy, went to a different facility this time and it was a whole other experience. (MUCH better) I get my results tomorrow! yeah.

Yea, I'm on Joe's protocol.  But I had to modify it until I have more info.  So, it's Fenben and the Gamma E that he recommends.  Can't make up my mind on the Curcumin since I am on low dose Taxol. Also, CBD oil is too expensive for me at this minute.

I just finished my second week... Only SE is lose stools a couple times a day.  Really that's a blessing  cause Taxol is very constipating.     So onward and forward.