Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited March 2007
    Morning all, it's only 5 am here, couldn't sleep any longer.

Cheri, it would be worse I think to lose my grandchild. I look at my two and they are my pride and joy. As far as Ryan paying for the housekeeper, he doesn't have a choice. I gave him plenty of chances to help around the house and help keep it clean but he didn't. Pretty soon he will be paying rent too ($200 a month), not because I need the money but 1) because he quit going to school, and 2) so he will learn responsibility and how to handle money. It will go into an account for him that he won't know about and he can have it when he moves out, which he says he wants to do next year.

Shel, how did you get your shoes? I love shoes. I'm looking for a new purse now and having a hard time finding one I like. I love eBay for that.

Anyone hear from G?

Margaret
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited March 2007
    Hi Girls,
    Happy St Patty's Day!
    Everything here is frozen. I can't get out my front door! We go to the hospital at 1 o'clock for the MRI. I will try to check back later. We are going to a St. Patty's day party tonight. I am looking forward to it.
    Funny,I've been thinking of getting a tatoo.I am not very artistic but my nephew does Tatoo's maybe he could come up with something.

Take Care,
    Joyce
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007
    Nicki...dancin in her underwear
  • Gus
    Gus Member Posts: 177
    edited March 2007
    Happy St. Patty's Day, Girls!! I am buried under a foot of snow with a delightful coating of sleet on top of it! Three days ago it was 70 degrees here! ARRGH!

MB - There is no way I am singing the song! I tried out for a muscial in high school, and the director handed me a paintbrush and told me that I could paint the sets... Just more stuff to talk about in therapy, I guess! Maybe Nicki could sing it -- hairbrush and all!

Shel, I LOVE shoes too! I have a funny story about eBay, though. A friend was selling shoes on eBay and got an email from a potential buyer who asked her to wear the shoes and take pictures of them from different angles that she could send via email. Turns out the potential buyer was a guy -- can we can foot fettish, anyone?!

Joyce, thinking positive thoughts about the MRI today!

Gotta go try to dig out! Have a great day everyone!

Love and hugs,
    Sue
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited March 2007
    Vicki...yup the one I'm looking for...not many songs you can fit Ischua into...lol...
    OK tattoo idea...small pink ribbon with the word pinkstock init...
    Happy green day to all those that celebrate...
    snow ice rain and sun...hmmm...got to love the weather on the hill today...lol..
    MB
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited March 2007
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

We got hit with the big storm yesterday also. DH is outside plowing the 400' driveway. That's the one big pain about living on the mountain. Any other time it's great!

Nicki, they dye the Chicago River green????? Wow, that's some serious Irish ! I had a capsular contracture. That's what my last surgery was for. Scar tissue encapsulates the implant and it gets real hard. PS had to cut it out and inject cortisone into the pocket to try and keep it from happening again. PS said that years ago he used to take the boob between his hands and actually crack the scar tissue. He swears it isn't painful. The insurance companies don't let them do that any more, for whatever reason. I guess they would rather pay for a surgery . I had never heard of taking vitamin E to prevent it. I take it and still got one.

Shel, congrats on scoring the minolos. What's happening with your move to the Keys?? Are you still going?

I have laundry calling my name, so I'll check back later.
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2007
    Good morning. The sun is shining, but it is freezing cold outside. It's trying to fool us into spring.

Amy, baby goats are so cute. A coworker started raising and showing goats with her 6 year old son. She leads our schools 4-H program and they have so much fun.

Nicki, green river? Wow, that's pretty serious Irish. I hope you have fun today.

My dd is going back to school today. She's been home on spring break. So, my day is pretty busy, pick up son at bowling alley, drive dd 1 and a half hours to school and then back, take son to St. Patrick's party and then pick him up. What's wrong with this picture? My social life is here with all of you.

Jan, speaking of laundry, my dh did about 4 loads on his day off Wed. However, his idea of laundry is to wash, dry and leave in basket until I put it away. So we have 4 baskets of clean clothes in our bedroom. I guess I'll squeeze putting away laundry into my day somewhere.

I am so out of fashion, what are minolos? Can someone post a picture? I used to love shoes, but only found 2 pairs that I can handle wearing for any length of time. I was told by an orthopedic dr that my feet are deformed.

Hope to check in later!
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007
    Sheri, at least he washed and dried, LOL! Mine tries to help with laundry, but I'm always afraid he will do something wrong. I don't know what could possibly happen, but he still makes me nervous .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007
    OK! Im shokced that many of you never heard we dye the Chicago River green for St. Patty's Day. Not the whole river lol, but the part then runs through downtown Chicago.

Gosh darn, I try to stay away from those biggy pictures that make the screen bigger, but I had to post this one.

Nicki
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007
    Nicki, WOW!!!!

Has anyone heard from NS? Did she get her drains out? G, are you out there?
  • Gus
    Gus Member Posts: 177
    edited March 2007
    Nicki, that is impressive! You don't see anything like that in New Hampsha! Have fun today!!

Sue
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007

Sue, I meant to tell you, we were in New Hampshire 2 years ago for the bike rally in Laconia. We got some serious riding in and you have a gorgeous state!! Our motel was right on Lake Winnisquam. Just beautiful! We are headed to Maine this summer. My family is from New England, so I love to visit.

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Maybe its because almost all of my 57 years we have had a Mayor Daley in office.

Its true - its true

Nicki
  • PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited March 2007

Hey CG'S, just wanted to stop in, and tell all of you how much I love you, and thank you for all your Love!! Susan, Thank You, {{{ WOW--- I FEEL GOOD }}} HEHE! Love ya, sweetie!! has any one heared form NS? Praying for you sweet sister, and for all of you! susan, my mammo. and mri. is in may! Mena, like Sweet Cheri said, I too am very worried, no phone call's or snail mail, or pm's for a while now! Please let us help you, and know that we love you! Gods Speed Sweet CG'S! xoxoxo Puppy

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007

Im off to the party. Hope you all have a wonderful St. Patty's Day.

Nicki
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited March 2007
    What a lazy day I'm having! I always feel guilty cuz so many people are so busy, and I'm not most of the time! Trying to decide if I want to make the trip to WalMart or just stay home where it is nice and warm!!

Madison: I am so glad your dd is okay. That is my worst fear, kids and cars, no matter how old they are. I hope you enjoy your visit with parents today. I am the baby of the family too. Seems to be alot of us. Gee, I wonder if there is a connection!

Vicki: Anxiety..If we could just figure out what causes it and panic attacks we'd all be millionaires! Mine also seems to be psychological then physical. Hope you are plowed out by now. Winter Sucks!

Nicki: Have a good time today with DH and the bands! Sounds like fun...unless anxiety strikes and you're in a crowd..been there done that and still doing it! I love that dancing hippo..gotta figure out how to transplant him to my site!!

Liz: Hope you are feeling better. Did you get bit by the flu bug? Also hope bad boob is doing better. I had that a couple months or maybe last month. It felt like a sore muscle (a very sore muscle!) Much worse w/o bra on. Stretching, bending over, etc. Very sore. Inflamed Pec, I'm gonna look that up. No One ever gave me a name or felt to concerned actually..(Dr's that is, you girls gave alot of support.)

Karen: A bunch of 9 years old to entertain huh? You'll have a good time, or a tired time! I remember those days well! Good luck with your Reconstruction next Friday!!

Colleen: How neat is that. Warren won tickets to fly anywhere?! Sounds just like "what the doctor ordered!" Good for you!

Shirley: How did DH party go? Or is it tonight? Have a good time...did you find the funky cheeses you were looking for?

Shel: Cry, Cry, Cry. Just when we think we have run out of tears they restart their selfs. You are entitled to a "wet" day. Let us know how the Tattoo went!

Cheri: Your eyes are fine! Give Cheri the keys back to the Magic Carpet. She could see all along...just trying to scare the bahoogie out of everyone!
    Yes, I feel like I'm in a fog most of the time. But I love your description Of coming out of it!

Joyce: Please let us know how Kevins MRI went today. Thinking only good thoughts for the guy! And be careful on the roads.

To everyone else, have a "better than average" day. (I borrowed that!) And I'll catch up with more later.

p.s. Gina..Did you get your drains out?

Love and Hugs,
    Denise
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited March 2007
    Hi girls,
    I had one drain out yesterday and the doctor wants to see me tomorrow (sunday) to check on the others because they really are messed up and he doesn't want me to go too long without them being tended to.

I still have a lot of swelling and LE in both arms and now there is new swelling and pain I never had before. I wish I had some kind of check off sheet to know what is normal and what isn't. Last night it got really bad but I couldn't go anywhere because of the storm and my town's inability to plow our roads. it is a total mess here. My friend's husband who has an SUV will have to drive me to the doctor tomorrow because I still can't drive and my car won't make it over the ice embankments on our road.
    I am going to re wrap my arms now. Hope you all are having a good crack on saint paddy's day.
    (In Ireland, that means a good time)
    Love,g
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    Love this story or not - you will not be able to have tea in a tea cup again without thinking of this.

There was a couple who took a trip to England to shop in a beautiful antique store to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. They both liked antiques and pottery, and especially teacups. Spotting an exceptional cup, they asked "May we see that? We've never seen a cup quite so beautiful."

As the lady handed it to them, suddenly the teacup spoke, "You don't understand. I have not always been a teacup. There was a time when I was just a lump of red clay. My master took me and rolled me pounded and patted me over and over and I yelled out, "Don't do that." "I don't like it!" "Let me alone," but he only smiled, and gently said; "Not yet!"

Then WHAM! I was placed on a spinning wheel and suddenly I was spun around and around and around. Stop it! I'm getting so dizzy!

I'm going to be sick" I screamed. But the master only nodded and said, quietly; 'Not yet.'

He spun me and poked and prodded and bent me out of shape to suit himself and then.....then he put me in the oven. I never felt such heat. I yelled and knocked and pounded at the door. "Help! Get me out of here!"

I could see him through the opening and I could read his lips as he shook his head from side to side, 'Not yet'.

When I thought I couldn't bear it another minute, the door opened. He carefully took me out and put me on the shelf, and I began to cool. Oh, that felt so good! "Ah, this is much better," I thought. But, after I cooled he picked me up and he brushed and painted me all over. The fumes were horrible. I thought I would gag. 'Oh, please, Stop it, Stop, I cried.

He only shook his head and said. 'Not yet!'.

Then suddenly he put me back in to the oven. Only it was not like the first one. This was twice as hot and I just knew I would suffocate. I begged. I pleaded. I screamed. I cried. I was convinced I would never make it. I was ready to give up. Just then the door opened and he took me out and again placed me on the shelf, where I cooled and waited and waited, wondering "What's he going to do to me next?"

An hour later he handed me a mirror and said 'Look at yourself.' And I did. I said, "That's not me; that couldn't be me. It's beautiful. I'm beautiful!"

Quietly he spoke: "I want you to remember, then,' he said, 'I know it hurt to be rolled and pounded and patted, but had I just left you alone, you'd have dried up. I know it made you dizzy to spin around on the wheel, but if I had stopped, you would have crumbled. I know it hurt and it was hot and disagreeable in the oven, but if I hadn't put you there, you would have cracked. I know the fumes were bad when I brushed and painted you all over, but if I hadn't done that, you never would have hardened. You would not have had any color in your life. If I hadn't put you back in that second oven, you wouldn't have survived for long because the hardness would not have held. Now you are a finished product. Now you are what I had in mind when I first began with you."

The moral of this story is this: God knows what He's doing for each of us. He is the potter, and we are His clay. He will mold us and make us, and expose us to just enough pressures of just the right kinds that we may be made into a flawless piece of work to fulfill His good, pleasing and perfect will.

So when life seems hard, and you are being pounded and patted and pushed almost beyond endurance; when your world seems to be spinning out of control; when you feel like you are in a fiery furnace of trials; when life seems to "stink", try this .... Brew a cup of your favorite tea in your prettiest tea cup, sit down and think on this story and then, have a little talk with the Potter!
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007

Cheri, that was absolutely beautiful and how true!!!! Thank you!

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited March 2007
    NS, hang in there girl. We are rooting for you.

Cheri, great wonderful story.

I really don't have much to say today. I wish I had a bag of M&M's. I could eat the whole thing right now. Now we know why I need to lose weight.

s.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    NS: I just love ya. Thats all I want to say.

Nicki
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    NS...sending you gentle hugs. Happy to see you.

Cheri...when the h*ll am I gonna get to the teacup stage!! Beautiful story...thanks.
    gotta run
    love ya all
    vickie
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2007
    Cheri - Love that story.
    NS - Hang in there
    Nicki - Thanks for posting the green Chi. river. Boy that brings back memories.
    To all - Wishing you a very nice St Paddys Day.
    I registered to walk in the relay for life next month. It will be right on our island this year. I joined the team sponsered by my sons high school band. Should be fun. Lots of teen energy to keep us going.
    Green hugs to all
    Sue
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited March 2007
    HELLO...you are all BACK

Our computer crashed and you all DISAPPEARED!!!!!

I told DH, NO!!!! You don't understand, all of my people are in the computer". (I almost said "Yes, I admit it, I am a boardalcoholic").....anyway he did give me a strange look - but ---

We purchased a new computer and are in the process of re-installing all the "stuff", but wanted to make sure you were all okay.

NS, so sorry, we love ya!!

Hello to all,

Gotta go so I turn computer over to DH to re-install stuff...
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    Sue...I so want to do a relay. Not today though...it's snowing like crazy again! We have probably ten inches and it isn't letting up. aaauuuggghhh. Snow bound this weekend.
    Madison...tell DH to hurry and we'll be nice to him...we miss you! Been crocheting all day!
    Love to all
    Vickie
    Where is Silvergirl...come on sweety, we miss you!
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited March 2007

boys are stupid throw really big rocks at them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• cmb35
    cmb35 Member Posts: 554
    edited March 2007
    Hey Girls

Happy St Patty's to you all!

Had a really wonderful day today! Warren and I stayed home (didn't go up to ski house) for the first time since mid-December. This morning I made us pancakes and we had breakfast on a tray while Warren watched Wild West Tech on the History Channel (ugh!) We went to "A Little Bit Of Ireland" show. Lots of irish music, irish step dancing and fun. And then tonight he went to "Tween Night" at the YMCA with a group of friends and I went over to my good friend's house for corned beef and cabbage. I can't explain it, but it was just a really nice day you know?

I'm hoping you all had equally nice days!

Susan - hope you found some M&Ms!

Nicki - love the green river!

Cheri - love the story

Madison - congrats on the new computer

Vickie - way to go with the lyrics, I'll be singing that as I nod off to sleep tonight!

Jan - I'm laundry phobic too, luckily, I'm the only one who does it! (Hey, wait a minute...)

NS - sorry things are not going well with the drains, and the snow is the last thing you need. glad your neighbor is on hand to help out

Sheri - He really said you had deformed feet?!?!?! That was his medical assessment. LOL My good friend has 2 very different size feet, and has a really hard time finding shoes that fit her. I would cry, I'm a shoe-aholic!!

Denise - I like nothing better than to do absolutely nothing all day, probably more often than is good for me! I hope you did just stay in where it was nice and warm

OK, didn't take notes (pretty impressed with what I was able to remember!!) and need to go to bed.

Love to all of you... Vicki, Cheri, Deb C, purpleMB, tracey, jeannie, christine, madison, Sue, Sue/Gus, Jan, Nicki...
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited March 2007
    Madison, how awful for you. Glad you are ok and the withdrawal wasn't too painful.
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited March 2007
    Susan, we left the old computer at the tech store to recover our data...and I felt like I was leaving all of you in the hard drive, at the store...I almost cried....

DH understood how I was getting nervous, so he installed this computer pretty quick!!!

Vicky, I have been crocheting most of the day...even at my folks house.

Opps, Dh need to install more on the system...
    Check back later.
  • silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited March 2007
    Just been feeling kinda quiet---I think the family uproar over my sis is starting to get to me. I hate being Switzerland! Her dtr is upset, my kids are livid, her soon to be ex is shell shocked, my sweet Baboo is trying to be the voice of reason and I'm just plain old scrambled. I just wish it was a year from now and everyone had figured out how to catch their balance. The only one happy is her!

I was also down in ithaca on Sam Duty. My dtr has lost her day care lady who usually covers Thurs and Fri so I'm doing my usual Wednesday plus the other two days until the end of the month when she gets back. I have to tell you all, he is the CUTEST baby on the face of the earth. I will probably have kissed off all of his skin by the time he's 6 months old! He's 4 months old now and just starting to laugh---but can't figure out who's making that funny noise.

There were too many pages to read when I got back (boy, was that a humdinger of a drive back last night---usually takes 1.5 hours, took 2.5 hours because of the snow.). Way too many to read so just went back to Gina's last post. I'm so sorry things are going not as smoothly as you wanted Gina, but you know we're all right behind you with encouraging words and cups of cinnamon tea.

I tried to crochet while on Gramma Duty but even that was kind of challenging. Sam has a secret sensor mounted somewhere on my butt---every time it hits a chair he either pees, poops, gets hungry or wakes up. Sometimes several of those things at once!

Bed time here. I sleep on a futon that is surely an instrument of the devil while in Ithaca. I thought my joints hurt before?!?!? Gotta get me an egg crate or one of those memory foam thingys before I become completely crippled.

Sleep well, sisters.

Jeannie