Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

So...whats for dinner?

1150615071508150915101512»

Comments

• wallycat
    wallycat Member Posts: 1,378

Mac & cheese last night. TOnight, goat ribs braised in red wine and balsamic.

Carole, glad to hear your home/family all survived the storm.

• eric95us
    eric95us Member Posts: 3,115

..working 10 hour days 7 days a week….so reading, but not posting (much).

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,264

WOW Eric. Do you know how long you'll be there? Hope at least the work is interesting.

Delicious broccoli salad from Chicken Salad Chick last night.

• eric95us
    eric95us Member Posts: 3,115

Leaving Friday. Maybe. :-)

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 1,224

Eric, With those hours they should be serving you dinner.

Minus, Those Chicken Salad Chick items look delicious. Unfortunately the restaurant was founded after I moved north for the last time.

Dinner tonight was spinach ravioli.

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 8,074

We had crispy baked chicken thighs and leftover cheesy potatoes from the dinner on Mary's deck on Saturday night.

Tonight we may go to Clancy's.

This morning it's very quiet in the campground. Mary and Lymon departed yesterday and will be flying out of Fargo tomorrow to FL, where they have a home. By the end of next weekend, all of the "seasonals" will be gone for the winter.

• wallycat
    wallycat Member Posts: 1,378

Can of walmart chili. Better than that last one, LOL.

Got home to the dog-idiots screaming at us because I complained that he broke the leash-law-again. He actually bought a bullhorn and is screaming at us, since he can't come here because I filed a no-trespass request.

Seattle wasn't as horrible a trip as I expected. Some construction but nothing bad. DH's oral exam went well. Still needs 3x-day chlorhexidine rinse, but that is a small price to pay.

• maggie15

Carole, Enjoy the quiet and Clancy's meatloaf while you can. This is my favorite season of the year.

Wally, Good news that your DH’s jaw is holding steady. I still use chlorhexidine whenever there is any hint of a problem in my mouth. I’m sorry your leash law ignoring neighbor has responded with the bullhorn; hopefully his voice will give out soon.

Dinner tonight was grilled sun dried tomato / basil chicken breast, corn on the cob and potato salad.

• reader425
    reader425 Member Posts: 924

Hamberger celery milk gravy over noodles, with a fresh side salad. I love stroganoff style meals so this did it for me. It was a very lean and lightened up meal so it sat well with me too.

Carole kind of bittersweet I expect with the friends leaving.

Wally, your neighbors remind me of something from the "Honeymooners" if it were not actually happening to you. They would worry me and I'd steer clear, as it seems you do.

Maggie, yum!

• carolehalston

The neighbors sound scary to me, too. Sorry you have to deal with them, Wally.

DH had the meatloaf special last night and I had the Reuben sandwich with fresh potato fries. We both enjoyed our choices. The golf cart ride to and from the restaurant was pleasant. We will definitely miss going out to dinner in a golf cart.

• maggie15

Reader, I like stroganoff style meals, too.

Carole, I can see why you will miss the golf cart rides to eat out.

Dinner tonight was artichoke chicken casserole.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,679

Wally, your situation sounds so scary to me.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,264

Yesterday was a large green salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, hard boiled egg, red cabbage, carrots & sunflower seeds. Today's meal was 1/2 an egg salad sandwich on pumpernickel. I'll have two small pieces of dark chocolate for dessert.

Dentist tomorrow. He thinks he can do a filling for a good size hole on the outside face of the 1st molar. I think it will have to be either a crown or a root canal. BOY do I hate dentists.

• carolehalston

Artichoke chicken casserole sounds yummy.

A big ribeye for dinner. Too big for us to eat all of it. A chopped salad with lots of ingredients. Also too big.

DH has lost his taste for food again, following the bout of what seemed to be norovirus. It makes the What's for Dinner? question more problematic.

Our neighbor Sandy, who lives in one of the two condos, has become an enthusiastic sour dough bread baker. She brought over a sample for us yesterday. It was delicious with a finer texture than most sour dough bread I've eaten. I'm tempted to create a starter when I get home but we don't need to eat a lot of bread, especially white flour bread. I will pick up on making Einkorn flour bread with half whole wheat and half all purpose.